Training with low Test?

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know of a good 3 day routine when you have low test? im 21 years old...and was born with only 1 testicle... when having blood drawn over the last 8 months.. the highest was 424.... lowest was 350... on a scale of 300-1100.....

Doctor wont do anything for me.. i feel fine and guess i always had low test... im not small by any means im 200lbs and 20 percent fat... but it takes forever to see progress with fat loss just thinking it has something to do with my low test..

so anyone have advice when training with low test... i been or was doing 3 day split M/W/F working out wit weights for 45min then running for 15 min after.... (ps only can make it to gym 3 times a week)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5x5, DC are great 3 day programs. and you test is low, but not extremely low. many people just have low test and are born that way. if u wanna increase it a bit, take DAA + IGF 2 or another natty stack that you think will work for your situation.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
what are your goals? the more specific they are the more specific you can make the program.

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
5x5, DC are great 3 day programs. and you test is low, but not extremely low. many people just have low test and are born that way. if u wanna increase it a bit, take DAA + IGF 2 or another natty stack that you think will work for your situation.
He's gotta be carefull not to get any prolactin gyno with the DAA, especially if he already has low test. I would suggest stacking some GABA, b6, or even taking Erase to keep his estrogen/test levels from getting to swayed. I would also look into hormone replacement therapy, if you already haven't. Those topical creams work great from what I hear and very effective. Don't hold me to it, but i think ur insurance may cover some/all of it.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's gotta be carefull not to get any prolactin gyno with the DAA, especially if he already has low test. I would suggest stacking some GABA, b6, or even taking Erase to keep his estrogen/test levels from getting to swayed. I would also look into hormone replacement therapy, if you already haven't. Those topical creams work great from what I hear and very effective. Don't hold me to it, but i think ur insurance may cover some/all of it.
Can you expand on this statement regarding aromatization and prolactin (two different things) with DAA?

Br

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
Can you expand on this statement regarding aromatization and prolactin (two different things) with DAA?
Sure mane, DAA is very well known for causing lactation gyno thats why I suggested the GABA or b6 with DAA. The Erase I mentioned mainly just to keep his estrogen levels from rising any higher due to his really low test. The reason I feel so strongly about the DAA causing lactation gyno is b/c when I came off it, about 2 weeks later I had a lil lactation. Nothing serious at all, lil puffy and very minor lactation. High dose b6 and GABA cleared that up real quick.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting about the DAA, didn't know that.

With regards to the OP, I would think there would be less aromatization (test -> Estrogens) due to the already lower T-levels. One of course, would have to look at the blood work to see where estradiol is, as well as LH. If LH is high, then its a good chance the low test is due to a single testicle. If LH is normal and test is still low, then it could be a HPA issue.

Then again, I'm not an endocrinologist/urologist...

Br

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAA/Prolactin is soooo overblown. In fact, it all comes from a rat study and not the human study.

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
DAA/Prolactin is soooo overblown. In fact, it all comes from a rat study and not the human study.
I could be that study.lol No but seriously, their are a couple threads on here that talk about the DAA/prolactin issue. Thats where I got the GABA and b6 cure from and, for me, it worked great.

With regards to the OP, I would think there would be less aromatization (test -> Estrogens) due to the already lower T-levels. One of course, would have to look at the blood work to see where estradiol is, as well as LH. If LH is high, then its a good chance the low test is due to a single testicle. If LH is normal and test is still low, then it could be a HPA issue.
If LH is what stimulates the testes to make test, for males, how would that cause low test if it was high. jw

Machwon: Do you have the rest of the blood work results???

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could be that study.lol No but seriously, their are a couple threads on here that talk about the DAA/prolactin issue. Thats where I got the GABA and b6 cure from and, for me, it worked great.

If LH is what stimulates the testes to make test, for males, how would that cause low test if it was high. jw

Machwon: Do you have the rest of the blood work results???
Interesting you would use GABA. Generally, you'd want something with dopaminergic qualities.

To the highlighted point:

The hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular axis (HPTA) runs off a negative feedback system.

The hypothalamus measures testosterone levels, and if they are not high enough, releases GnRH (Gonadatropin releasing hormone) which stimulates the pituitary to release interstitial cell stimulating hormone (ICSH...more commonly known as LH). The testes respond to this by producing testosterone. The hypothalamus then senses that test levels are in range, and cuts off GnRH, thereby reducing the production of test.

Now, if test comes back low and LH is high, this means that the hypothalamus senses test is low and is signalling the testies to produce more testosterone; however, the testies are not responding for one reason or another. So we can hypothesize that the issue is due to faulty machinery in the testies (or an issue in the hypothalamus or higher brain centers).
If both LH is low and Test is low, then there are two hypothesis: 1. the subject has a natural set point to produce test on the lower end; or 2. there is a problem with the hypothalamus-pituitary axis.

Br

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I have bloodwork showing my prolactin increased above the normal range with only two weeks of DAA supplementation. It was not super high above the range but higher than what is considered normal and higher than what my levels usually.. and my doctor was worried about it. During this time I had erectile issues as well which was an indicator of my increased prolactin I won't use DAA without something to combat the prolactin now. I am not saying this happens to everyone but it did happen to me.

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
The hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular axis (HPTA) runs off a negative feedback system.

The hypothalamus measures testosterone levels, and if they are not high enough, releases GnRH (Gonadatropin releasing hormone) which stimulates the pituitary to release interstitial cell stimulating hormone (ICSH...more commonly known as LH). The testes respond to this by producing testosterone. The hypothalamus then senses that test levels are in range, and cuts off GnRH, thereby reducing the production of test.

Now, if test comes back low and LH is high, this means that the hypothalamus senses test is low and is signalling the testies to produce more testosterone; however, the testies are not responding for one reason or another. So we can hypothesize that the issue is due to faulty machinery in the testies (or an issue in the hypothalamus or higher brain centers).
If both LH is low and Test is low, then there are two hypothesis: 1. the subject has a natural set point to produce test on the lower end; or 2. there is a problem with the hypothalamus-pituitary axis.

Br
Great post man.

Is that info from a book your reading or a medical journal? If its just you knowing that off the top of your head then thats some really crazy good info.

I'm such a re-re, I kept posting GABA when I ment to type DOPA. Sorry everyone for the brain farts.

P.S. Im serious bout the source(s), I gotta add that one to the collection.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have bloodwork showing my prolactin increased above the normal range with only two weeks of DAA supplementation. It was not super high above the range but higher than what is considered normal and higher than what my levels usually.. and my doctor was worried about it. During this time I had erectile issues as well which was an indicator of my increased prolactin I won't use DAA without something to combat the prolactin now. I am not saying this happens to everyone but it did happen to me.
Here's my thing about it: it has become such a major paranoia in people that it has taken on a life of its own (e.g. self fulfilling prophecy). Like I said, this all stems from a rat study and not the human studies with DAA (I believe USP used this in their marketing to stack Powerfull with DAA). I'm not doubting your bloods, but did you take them 2 weeks apart?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great post man.

Is that info from a book your reading or a medical journal? If its just you knowing that off the top of your head then thats some really crazy good info.

I'm such a re-re, I kept posting GABA when I ment to type DOPA. Sorry everyone for the brain farts.

P.S. Im serious bout the source(s), I gotta add that one to the collection.
The information is from reading medical journals and books, but what I wrote there was off the top of my head. Its something I teach to my undergrads in human biology, negative feedback in the male and female reproductive system and male/female contraceptives.

Here's a diagram:

46_14TestesHormoneControl.jpg