Getting back into training - Changing programs

vap4

Awards
Hi,
Been training on and off for a while. Got really dedicated this time last year and trained really hard for round 9 months. Sorted out my diet, saw my lifts go up and also put on a lot of size. Things were going great. Then had to move countries. Didn't train properly for 2 months, wasn't eating right because was trying to adjust into a routine again and getting used to the new environment, not too mention was bugged down with a lot of work and coupled that with a lot of alcohol and a throat infection and I've lost most of my gains. It's just depressing now looking at myself and not training as it was quite a big part of life. Hell it was my lifestyle.

Started off training last week, taking it nice and easy. Thinking of doing some strength work and coupling that with some isolation excerises. This is the routine I came up with. I dont have a car as yet and the gym closest to me has minimal equipment but a good set of dumbells which is all I really need tbh. Was hoping you guys could critique my routine or do you guys think its ok. I also do judo twice a week for conditioning, and currently looking to get back strenght back up to my old level and also put on some size again. Have also started to sort out my diet. This is the routine I plan on following starting Sunday

Day 1

Flat Bench - 3x5
Squat - 3x5
Deadlift - 3x5
One arm Dumbell row 3x12
Lat pulldown 3x12
Preacher curl/Hammer Superset 3x10

Day 2
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Bench 3x5
Incline bench 3x10
Flys 3x12
Dips 3x10
tricep press down/Overhead tricep extension Superset 3x12

Day 3
Ovearhead press 3x5
Deadlift 3x5
Squat 3x5
Leg extension 3x10
Leg curl 3x10
Leg press 3x10

Day 4
Overhead press 3x5
Arnold press 3x8
Side Lateral raise 3x12
Front plate raise 3x10
Shrugs 3x12

Couple that with two days of judo

Thank you.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Squatting and deadlifting 4 times a week may be too much.

You need more mid-trap work: barbell rows, pendelay rows, face pulls, etc.

You could always rotate one day on, one day off with

Deadlift, Over head press and pull work, dead lift ancillary

Squat, Bench press and row work, squat ancillary.

Br