Is there any need to add in lats exercises?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'm limited to only free weight right now. here is my full routine.

back and bicep
bb row wide grip
deadlift
curls db
hammer curls

chest and tricep
incline bench
flat bench db
decline flies
one arm tricep extension
lying tricep extension with ez bar

shoulders
overhead press with bb or dbs
lateral raise
rear delt raise
shrugs with trap bar

legs
front squats

I was wondering if I need to add in one arm rows or some kind of other exercise to hit lats. Should I start doing one arm rows and if so should I do them every week and alternate one arm rows and bb rows or should I do them both the same day?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pull ups, chin ups, neutral grip pull ups, and more pull ups.

Use a resistance band for assistance if you can't do many. And then work to do more.

The pull up is the squat of the upper body.

Br

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Pull ups, chin ups, neutral grip pull ups, and more pull ups.

Use a resistance band for assistance if you can't do many. And then work to do more.

The pull up is the squat of the upper body.

Br
Okay. I'll have to get a pullup station since I don't have one. Also roomed will have to be made in the garage but that's not up to me that's up to my step dad sadly. he has so much junk in that garage that he was supposed to sort out months ago

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Im always looking for new lat exercises. I have a good back. But my workouts tend to lack because I dont like pull ups so Im trying to overcome that barrier.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
Pullups would be nice.. do you have room in corner for some tbar rows?? add those in. Since your limited i would do both db and bb rows in same day..you could do this

pullups
bbrow
tbar row
db row
deads

db curls
hammer curls

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Okay. I'll have to get a pullup station since I don't have one. Also roomed will have to be made in the garage but that's not up to me that's up to my step dad sadly. he has so much junk in that garage that he was supposed to sort out months ago
You can get pullup door setup. you can hang it on the bathroom door, or your bedroom door when you want to do the pullups. I've used it to use negatives only at first to build strength, then moved up to BW for few reps, and now I do it in the gym with hanging weight (light still).