Front Squat form check

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Cross arm with weight Second set http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...=fronts001.mp4
    Cross arm with weight Third set http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...=fronts002.mp4
    It seems that I went down lower on the third set. Atleast I did one whole set alright hopefully I'll get all sets done currently next week.

2. That looks really good. Elbows are up, torso is vertical. Your last rep on the first video was the lowest, and was right around parallel.

In the second vid the first rep it looked like you shifted forward on your feet, but everyone there after was good.

As you increase mobility and strength, you'll be able to get deeper and deeper. Currently you are a few degrees short of femoral parallel. That aside, looks good though, a big improvement.

Br
    •   

3. Looks good. You are progressing, which is great.

Next step is to improve calf (specifically the soleus) flexibility that way you can push your knees further forward.

I noticed in the final video that your feet seem to rock: ie. As you bring the weight down you lift your toes off the floor. Try to keep your foot flat, with the weight evenly spread out between the heel and the mid/forefoot. By gaining calf flexibility and equal wieght distribution in the foot, you'll be able to push your knees further forward (while keeping proper weight distribution on the foot), allowing you to go deeper while still maintaining an upright position.

Br

4. I think Derick hired a lookalike for those latest vids because they look so different from the ones in the first post.

But seriously, good progress there.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I think Derick hired a lookalike for those latest vids because they look so different from the ones in the first post.

But seriously, good progress there.
    Yeah, my knees are thanking me too.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Looks good. You are progressing, which is great.

Next step is to improve calf (specifically the soleus) flexibility that way you can push your knees further forward.

I noticed in the final video that your feet seem to rock: ie. As you bring the weight down you lift your toes off the floor. Try to keep your foot flat, with the weight evenly spread out between the heel and the mid/forefoot. By gaining calf flexibility and equal wieght distribution in the foot, you'll be able to push your knees further forward (while keeping proper weight distribution on the foot), allowing you to go deeper while still maintaining an upright position.

Br
    A lot of times, as I squat down I point my toes up to put more pressure on the heel. Sometimes if I don't point my toes up it feels like my body wants to lean forward. It felt strange when I first got these shoes, now it feels incredible difficult to squat without them, there is no wonder I used to have knee pain. I just hope these brand of shoes/insoles can hold up when my squat numbers get higher.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Front Squat form check
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 12:20 PM
  2. ATG Squat Form Check (vid)
    By 808rebel in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 03:23 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
  4. Please check my form (lateral raise db in front/scaptions)
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 11:32 AM
  5. Still can't get the right form for the FRONT squat
    By The Anarchist in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 07:28 PM