Training Funk...Help?

TheKanezzi

Awards
Have any of you guys been a funk that you cant shake off? If so, what helped?

I have been in one for like 4 months now and I cant figure out wth is going on. I have no energy, no drive, no strength, always achy, and never really hungry. I recently started working nights, which Im sure has something to do with it, but damn this is ridiculous that I cant adjust over. I feel like I have the symptoms of depression, but lol I dont feel sad or anything like that. On the other hand Ive never really been depressed that I know of, so i dont have anything to compare it to. I know I need to get my hormone levels checked, but I have been procrastinating.

I have been training for 15 years now and never experienced a funk like this. I have been taking it easy and seeing if maybe I was overtrained but honestly i think that has made it worse.

Any ideas on what could be going on or ideas to help?

Regards

Tboz

Banned
Awards
Mayb a combo of changing to nights and body stallig out.. I used to work nights and it took some time to get use to before getting use to my schedule. Try gettn some gear to kickstart urself.. Make sure you are eating clean foods and not junk

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
take a week off... up your good fats... sleep 8 hrs (if you can) get a blood test...

look into deloading or taking some time off.... and meditation

TheKanezzi

Awards
Thanks for the reply. Ya, I going to get a blood test and try something for a little boost to try and overcome the funkiness.

Flabby

Awards
Could be mononucleosis or something like that. Or just stress. Enjoy yourself, eat well, sleep well, and feel good. Post your diet and training regimen if you want more detailed feedback.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
take a week off... up your good fats... sleep 8 hrs (if you can) get a blood test...

look into deloading or taking some time off.... and meditation
These is what I was going to suggest.

TheKanezzi

Awards
Fats are in the 500g a week depot so im sure im good on that. And I have done like 3 deloads, one of which was for a month.

This has been an ongoing problem for several months.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can look into adaptogens like rhodiola rosea and ashwaganda.

Loryan12

Awards
I agree I think you are possibly burning candle at both ends.... You need sometime off in my opinion.

VikingDave

VikingDave

Awards
Absolutely agree, time off would do you wonders. Maybe even just a week or so. If it were me, I would get a blood test, maybe low test levels?

TheKanezzi

Awards
Sweet, I will try to take some more time off and get a blood test.
Thanks!

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
sounds like signs of overtraining. like the guys said, take a week off and maybe switch the routine a little.

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Your mind is the strongest muscle in your body. If your in a funk, that's because your mind has gotten u that way. Overtraining is BS. I do believe in proper rest though. If u constantly feed your muscles and get the right amount of sleep, u will be fine. Of course u should take a day off every few days. (grow days). Snap out of it!! And remember overtraining is something lazy people made up. Lol.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Your mind is the strongest muscle in your body. If your in a funk, that's because your mind has gotten u that way. Overtraining is BS. I do believe in proper rest though. If u constantly feed your muscles and get the right amount of sleep, u will be fine. Of course u should take a day off every few days. (grow days). Snap out of it!! And remember overtraining is something lazy people made up. Lol.
^ this right here shows you know nothing about training...

overtraining is a real condition....

first you say overtraining is a myth, then you say you believe in proper rest..... which is it?

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Overtraining is a condition!?! Lmao. Damn u make it sound like a disease! Of course u need to rest! But a week! Give me a break!

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Oh and by u being on that ****! It doesn't matter what u say. Ur on a different level. Fu...king cheater!!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Overtraining is a condition!?! Lmao. Damn u make it sound like a disease! Of course u need to rest! But a week! Give me a break!
it is a condition... look into it.... it may even be classified as a syndrome...

it can go as far as causing depression/hormone production shut-down weight loss and it can get really ugly...

a week break every month or so is needed... especially if you are training without aas...

Oh and by u being on that ****! It doesn't matter what u say. Ur on a different level. Fu...king cheater!!
lol... again... my last cycle was in march

primo 6 weeks @ 300mg
winny 4 weeks @ 50mg.... on a cut...... probably the softest little cycle anyone could ever run.... lol

whether someone is cycling or not, i dont consider it to be cheating... you still need to put the work in, and eat right- and then recover

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
It still helps speed recovery, that can't be done naturally. Anyhow, maybe u know something I don't. I've never taken a week of in the last 6 years. Except one time when I had food poisoning. Lol. But I still felt like I was making gains. I just make sure that I'm feeding my muscles and getting a good sleep. I only train one body part a week. But I do train em hard. And I take 2 days off a week. But I'll have to look into that whole condition/syndrome thing.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
It still helps speed recovery, that can't be done naturally. Anyhow, maybe u know something I don't. I've never taken a week of in the last 6 years. Except one time when I had food poisoning. Lol. But I still felt like I was making gains. I just make sure that I'm feeding my muscles and getting a good sleep. I only train one body part a week. But I do train em hard. And I take 2 days off a week. But I'll have to look into that whole condition/syndrome thing.
its common... you might find if you take a week or 2 off.... or deload frequently.... hell.... maybe even train every other day, you could grow/get stronger

matt8483

matt8483

Awards
  • Established
Well noted. Thats not the first time I've that. I've actually heard that alot. I just feel well rested after a full day of rest. Sometimes if I need an extra day I'll take it. But I see where ur coming from. I know other people that say the same thing.