The - Itty Bitty Waist & A Round Thing In Your Face - Workout?

TooShort

Awards
Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and I joined to ask a specific question. I'm a 5'3 110 woman who's been inactive for about 3 years now due to some health issues that I've been working my ass off at overcoming. My muscle's have deteriorated a lot since I spent so much time on bed rest, so I'm skinny-fat. I have no desire to lose weight, as a matter of fact if I gain 5 or 10 pounds that's cool!

Here's my question ...

If my goal is to lift and tone my butt/thighs, while slimming my waist as much as possible should I be doing more frequent ab work outs with minmal reistance and less frequent butt/thigh workouts with more reistance and fewer reps? Or what? I know I can't choose where I lose the weight exactly ... but I'd really like to do what I can to build a killer hour glass shape.

Right now I'm doing this ....

Tues Butt + Legs
Wed Abs + Back
Thurs Arms + Chest
Fri Butt + Legs
Sat OFF
SUN OFF
Monday Abs + Back

I do 45 minutes to 60 minutes of power walking 5x per week (that's all im physically capable of doing right now).

I should also mention I pretty much live off of fresh fish, fruits, rice, veggies, chicken & I frequently juice veggies. I feel like my diet is super clean.

Any advice would be helpful guys!

L

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Ok, your first objective should be to add lean mass to your BODY. Legs and back are the biggest muscles and most often the quickest to respond. If I was gonna recommend a schedule with what lill info I have on you it would be wts as follows.

Mon- legs, back and bis. Emphasis on legs, deep squats, db bench squats, lunges, and for back I would emphasize pulldown exs on this day.

Tues and Friday- chest delts tris.

Thursday- legs, back and bis. Emphasis on hip, lower back, hams and glutes. Prob have you do leg presses with feet high and wide, stiff deads, db squats to the floor (like a db deadlift almost but emphasise 'sitting back' for legs and rowing exs like seated cable and 1 ARM db rows for back.

On all exs after warm up do 2-3 'heavy' sets to failure around 10-15 reps. Do 2 exs if you do 3 sets or 3 exs if you do 2 sets.

I can show you pics of my clients if you like... Several down over 120lbs and another one down about 50 so far. If you want to PM me with any other more detailed questions feel free. As I said, based on the limited info... That's what I would recommend.

Oh and train abs any 2 days you feel like, don't be afraid of resistance when it comes to training abs... You WON'T get a big waist from doing side bends with wts... It will just get tighter.

Again, ask me any questions you have, I can show you the results I have gotten training other women... Question the advice given by anyone that won't back it up...

Good luck.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty good advice from Dunhill above.

With regards to the side bends..these actually train your quadratus lumboroum, which is an important deep core muscle, not the obliques.

I'd also add in static bridges (plank, side plank, etc.) on every workout day. And encorporate some glute activation bridges (supine bridge, marchers, etc.) as part of you active warm up prior to lower body exercises. Don't forget to stretch your hip flexors agressively as well.

Br

chrisrob05

chrisrob05

Awards
You will only get what you put in......Go hard!! If you look at your mother, chances are you may be able to look at her build and see the areas that are genetic/hormonal weight versus weight that is gained from inactavity or poor diet. The whole mother concept does not work for all women but it holds true for many. Weight is easier to lose if you know what you're up against from the start. You can do it-Good luck!!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for info. I know little about female training but I would like to learn more.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Subbed for info. I know little about female training but I would like to learn more.
I much prefer training a motivated woman over the avg man. Women can often get stunning results in a short period of time because MOST have lill to no exp with resistance training, do to the amount of muscle they have they recover quick, they are more likely to just do as they are told, they have no ego in regards to the wt they are using, they practice better form (as long as they are taught correct form), etc... Now the one problem is they get board quicker and I refuse to "dumb things down for them). Most trainers have them do things just to make them BELIEVE its effective just to keep their interest. I change exs often with anyone but I won't have anyone waste time just to "feel" like their working hard. Let me give an example. EVERY trainer at my gym has women do the classic half squat wall hold in just about every leg work out. Now does that have ANY benefit? Sure if you are teaching commitment, pain tolorance, etc.... But could that time be better spent? Hell yea! BUT the housewife ends her workout with them, after being put thru a "shaping" routine and their legs are all cramped up and they think "wow... He is a great trainer and I worked hard"... I explain to every woman I work with "listen, I am gonna try and keep it interesting for you BUT results are what matters... I'm not gonna have you do an ex cause it looks good or fools ya into thinking you had a great work out. I can have you go thru the motions, use balls, boards, and every piece of equipment here or I can have you do exercises that are most effective.... I can only do the latter. If you want a trainer that will tell ya what you want and try to make you happy at the gym then any of these people will be great but if you want a trainer that will get results and make you happy when you look in the mirror or put on cloths then you are talking to the right guy". I ask them to commit to me for 12 work outs....I tell them to pick a piece of clothing that is too tight rt now or doesn't fit like it used to, try it on now and again after 12 work outs... I have has a cpl quit for diff reasons but I have never had one woman go thru with their 12 work out promise and be dissatisfied. I am never negative and always encouraging them, I will sit them down and have a heart to heart if the effort is lacking, I've cried with them when they have told me about different issues that effect or have effected them, they always have my number for something as simple as a food choice decision or possitive reinforcement but I've spent an hour on the phone with a client just listening to them. I personally NEED to care about anyone I work with... I NEED to know what makes them tick, why they are 100 lbs over wt, why they punish themselves, etc... When a female knows you care, knows you will do what's best for them... They will try to run thru a brick wall for you. The only negative is that this can lead to some fake "crushes"... If one of the reasons they let themselves go is because of their relationship, or lack of support, or lack of positive feedback they can start to see you as the perfect guy for them. That's one thing you have to guard against.... Read each situation and always stay professional. Every woman I work with will meet my fiance early on. I'll have her come by at the end of a random work out, I'll introduce them, let them talk some... Kinda let's them know where I stand. If we talk and are just bull****ting I will make sure I never say a negative word about or complain about my woman. Most women never want to hurt anyone they like so that helps. I have had several women (a good amount) show some interest in me as time went in but only has to ever stop training one because of her actions towards me (she was a dancer)... Once I have someone's confidence I could never take advantage of their trust or vulnerability.

Wow... That was a ling rambling.... Sorry about that.

Oh yea though.... If you meet their spouse.... Don't be shirtless, have a tank or a skin tight shirt on.... Your just begging for a problem.

Peace

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established