My workout week

newman897

newman897

Awards
This is my workout routine..should I swap any days around ?

Monday- bi's and tri's
Tuesday-shoulders
Wednesday-back
Thursday-chest
Friday-legs
Saturday and Sunday off

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
what are your goals? how long have you been lifting? how long were you on your last routine? what kind of results did you get? what is your conditioning, diet, sleep patterns like?

newman897

newman897

Awards
goals are to gain mass and weight over the winter and by next summer 240 with 7-9% body fat for summer currently 235 did bf 2 months ago and was at 13% thats short term. long term 5 years from now to be around 260 ish. been lifiting for 3.5 years. this has been my standard routine for most of it maybe a chest and back swapped around. since i started working out ive put on a good 30 pounds. recently started diet wise of 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fats. dont do much cardio not sure if thats important for trying to gain mass and weight over winter. sleep wise 8-9 hours

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is my workout routine..should I swap any days around ?

Monday- bi's and tri's
Tuesday-shoulders
Wednesday-back
Thursday-chest
Friday-legs
Saturday and Sunday off
I like doing:

Monday - Chest with some light back work
Tuesday - Bi's and Tri's
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Back
Saturday - Shoulders
Sunday - Off

Sometimes if I have a busy weekend I'll stay longer on Friday and work shoulders with back. By doing arms on monday, you're going to be sore/tired for the major muscle groups like back and chest. Prioritize those big muscles first and you'll get better results. With the above schedule, your arms get to rest Wednesday and Thursday before having to work back again.

newman897

newman897

Awards
That's what I wondering if I needed to swap anything incase something was getting to much work before something else. I'll give it a shot thanks

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
I would always leave at least 2 full days between back and legs.... Too much crossover on the lower back. I can't see training tris the day before delts either...

Here is my split rt now

Mon is delts and arms
Tues is legs
Thurs is chest
Fri or sat is back.

I fit in abs and calves twice a week when I please. I always have a min of 2 days between legs and back and 2 days between delts/arms and chest.
Just what works best for me rt now.

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I would swith legs with back... no need to do shoulders back chest in a row. give some time between. And like said before move arms from monday... mayb something like this

mon-shoulder
tues-chest or arms
weds-legs
thurs-arms or chest
fri-back

Mark39

Awards
Monday chest an tri
Tues back an bi
Wen legs abs light cardio
Thurs chest an tri
Fri back an bi