any crossfitters? I have questions

1. Registered User

any crossfitters? I have questions

Is it a 3x times a week thing? Why does it seems to work better for women? And how do you rest certain muscles groups, seem like overtraining?

I feel like taking the concept and making my own WODs but when I'm cutting down, right now I'm bulking up.
    My Workout Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/186785-watch-me-grow.html

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Santee View Post
    Is it a 3x times a week thing? Why does it seems to work better for women? And how do you rest certain muscles groups, seem like overtraining?

I feel like taking the concept and making my own WODs but when I'm cutting down, right now I'm bulking up.
    It follows a 3 on 1 off; 2 on 1 off schedule. Not sure if I would say it works better for women, it all depends on the individual like most any training. If you follow the crossfit main site or someone who knows what they are doing when they create the programing the exercises work their way through with emphasis on certain parts, using others as accessory, etc. It is possible to over train following a poor programing or going to hard too soon.

I'd be willing to bet that there are some crossfit gyms in your local area that offer free classes on Saturdays or such. Quite a bit of them do. It's a good way to get introduced.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat

It follows a 3 on 1 off; 2 on 1 off schedule. Not sure if I would say it works better for women, it all depends on the individual like most any training. If you follow the crossfit main site or someone who knows what they are doing when they create the programing the exercises work their way through with emphasis on certain parts, using others as accessory, etc. It is possible to over train following a poor programing or going to hard too soon.

I'd be willing to bet that there are some crossfit gyms in your local area that offer free classes on Saturdays or such. Quite a bit of them do. It's a good way to get introduced.
    Haha thanks, it just seems to good to be true, I was thinking of doing it as metabolic cardio for cutting down and then switching back to regular lifting after a few months
    My Workout Log
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Santee

Haha thanks, it just seems to good to be true, I was thinking of doing it as metabolic cardio for cutting down and then switching back to regular lifting after a few months
    Well, depends in what you mean by too good to be true. What expectations do you have from Crossfit?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

it depends on the bodies adaptation to the training. Highly glycolytic so you need to fuel correctly...but its wicked
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

CrossFit is good, but it's not geared towards aesthetic goals. The purpose is to make you more functionally athletic across a broad spectrum. So whether it "works" is dependent on what you consider working. They don't work muscle groups specifically. They train movements, usually full body or close to it. You would probably do pretty well cutting on it, though the volume might seem a little light to you if you're used to breaking your workouts down by body part.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

I've been using crossfit / crossfit-like workouts for the past two years. I agree with everything said above. It's foundation is "functional" movement; deadlift, clean, jerk, pull-up/rope climb and thrusts. The WODs on the crossfit website are 2 on 1 off but a lot of affiliates run different schedules. I have not been able to add mass on the program but I did get leaner and stronger. I, personally, want to put on some more mass for purely aesthetic reasons. I like the programing at Crossfit Newton. They do a heavy effort / gymnastics move followed by a met-con. I hope this helps.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat

Well, depends in what you mean by too good to be true. What expectations do you have from Crossfit?
    Like I feel that it'll just cause a lot of injuries because they do Olympic lifting to a different level. But crossfitters look really fit at least the ones online, and Idk if they got that body thorugh crossfit or they just maintained it with crossfit
    My Workout Log
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DAA questions.
    By rodo123 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 07:50 PM
  2. CROSSFITTERS??
    By JEG2507 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 12:09 AM