Front Squat form check

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I have no camera man, so I just need you guys to see if I'm going low enough. Just hope I havn't permently damaged my knees from doign them wrong. I had heavier weight and checked the vid and saw I was not going low at all so I took 20 lbs off and this is how it turned out.
View attachment FrontSquat_115.wmv
I think on the third rep is where I go down the lowest. I believe I may have trouble going lower than that even with heavier weights. I am just really really hoping my knees are okay. I am mostly concerned on my form on rep 2 and 3.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Next time post it on youtube...took forever to open.

From what I saw in the video, it looked like a step in the right direction.

Your back seems to align with your shins - good.
Your feet are planted on the floor and there does not appear to be any shift of weight to toes or foot flattening - good.
Your back maintains a neutral position - good.

You need to work to get lower. You don't have to go to a true parallel, but try to get where the top of your quad is parallel to the floor.
Keep your elbows up. They seemed to be pointing down when they came into view.

A video from the front, side, and back would be best to analyze technique.

Overall, a step in the right direction.

Br

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Next time post it on youtube...took forever to open.

From what I saw in the video, it looked like a step in the right direction.

Your back seems to align with your shins - good.
Your feet are planted on the floor and there does not appear to be any shift of weight to toes or foot flattening - good.
Your back maintains a neutral position - good.

You need to work to get lower. You don't have to go to a true parallel, but try to get where the top of your quad is parallel to the floor.
Keep your elbows up. They seemed to be pointing down when they came into view.

A video from the front, side, and back would be best to analyze technique.

Overall, a step in the right direction.

Br
How close was I on the last rep? I'll go down to 105 next week and do slow reps and see how low I can go and then repost a vid. I think the reason I still can't do back squats is I was doing delt exercises wrong, so I still have an imbalance and a tight chest, even though I do, do wide barbell rows.