What time do you lift/schedule.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So here's the deal. I go to a 24 hour gym. I have always been lifting in the afternoon/pm. When I say that I mean anytime between 7pm-1130pm.
Now the more & more I get into this I notice it's taking a toll in a lot of places....
Friendship, work, everyday life.
Exertions I think about something muscles pop up lol.
I want to see if I can reach a healthy balance where I can accomplish more in my day.
My schedule is erratic. I work 5 days a week but it's up and down so for instance: I can work Sunday & Monday be off Tuesday work Wednesday be off Thursday then work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday be off Wednesday, work Thursday be off Friday and then it repeats itself. Basically it's not a normal week where as I can go 8 days straight working sometimes and so over 50+. Hours. this is also split up with morning & night shifts :(

I wondering about lifting in the AM because I am so tired at night sometimes & usually have a mediocore work out then sleep.

You guys got any advice on what you do and how you balance & what your schedules are?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id workout whenever you got time. Im busy with school, work ect too. If I work nights ill jam before, if morning, then after. No to workout times are the same for me really.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
The best thing to do, if possible, is to TRY and be consistent. I mostly train sometime between 4 and 8 pm but I aim for 6:30 or so pm. I have done the AM workouts and if you are not a morning person it will be a bitch for a cpl weeks BUT you WILL get uses to it.
Keep life in balance man, enjoy life... No one is on their death bed going "damn I wish I hit my quads one more time..." But just about all will be on their death bed wishing they had another day with family and friends.

Balance is everything bro.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
lift when you get the chance....' youre not a pro bb or powerlifter... im sure you can continue to make gains while working out 2-3 times a week...

work is more important

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
lift when you get the chance....' youre not a pro bb or powerlifter... im sure you can continue to make gains while working out 2-3 times a week...

work is more important
Very True.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
lol i got a tough schedule.. (im deployed to afghanistan right now) i wake up at 1130 am be at work by 1 pm get off at 1 am (12 hr shift) and go to the gym from 2 am to about 315 am, showe,r sleep, repeat ha.. been doing this for about 4 months now, about 8 months left to go. crazy schedule to get used to lol TRUST me

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
The best thing to do, if possible, is to TRY and be consistent. I mostly train sometime between 4 and 8 pm but I aim for 6:30 or so pm. I have done the AM workouts and if you are not a morning person it will be a bitch for a cpl weeks BUT you WILL get uses to it.
Keep life in balance man, enjoy life... No one is on their death bed going "damn I wish I hit my quads one more time..." But just about all will be on their death bed wishing they had another day with family and friends.

Balance is everything bro.
bro i like your logic lol for real

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
lol i got a tough schedule.. (im deployed to afghanistan right now) i wake up at 1130 am be at work by 1 pm get off at 1 am (12 hr shift) and go to the gym from 2 am to about 315 am, showe,r sleep, repeat ha.. been doing this for about 4 months now, about 8 months left to go. crazy schedule to get used to lol TRUST me
Thank you.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I work 7 days a week been doing this for almost 12 yrs never called in sick once. Work out 5 days a week different body part a day. Keep it short intense and under an hour, that is all.
What work do u do what's your schedule.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Picture my schedule like a retail workers schedule during holidays....

Pretty much I'm guaranteed to work 8 hours minimum a day & you could be working early morning shifts or late nights (varies) and you could have Sunday & Monday off & work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday then have Fri & Sat off.

That's 10 days of straight work of different shifts of a minimum of 8 hours....
Gets stressful. Plus I got a quota to hit ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I work 7 days a week doing deliveries, start around 1am-6am very fast high paced, lots of lifting non stop moving except when I drive to my next stop usually 3-5 min apart. I workout usually around 7 or 8 pm. m= legs t= back w= chest/abs th= shoulders fr= arms/abs rest= sat/sun. For you I would adjust the amount of time you spend in the gym to less than an hour since your schedule is all over the place you got to compensate limit your sets per exercise to 3 or less, until your schedule permits better workouts or you gonna over train and burn out.
Thx for advice. I did start getting burned out cause it wasn't anymore fun...

benmuscle

Awards
I work out at 5pm because that's when I believe my T levels to be at their peak