Majorly Stumped!

weightmeister

Awards
Whats up fellers this is my first post but ive been browsing the forums for a long time. Ive got a dilemma. I'm about to start a six week cycle of hdrol and i cant figure out my routine. The problem is I have a college circuit training class every monday and wednesday. Im trying to bulk and the workout i get there is not very conducive to that. Heres the routine we do there.

Two sets of each exercise
Each set is 45 seconds

bicep curls/bike

lateral dumbbell raises/steps

tricep kickbacks/rest

medicine ball squats/steps

decline pushups on exercise ball/bike

pull-ups/rest

Then we finish up with some core work. Its different every time.

What are some different ways to set up a solid bulking routine? Keep in mind I will be on an Hdrol cycle

THANKS!! :1zhelp:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
how long have you been training?

if you don't know a solid 'bulking' routine for yourself, you probably shouldn't be using steroids

when i had to lift for a class in college, i just did real low weight and made it look like i was doing something and then came back and lifted for real later.

weightmeister

Awards
i know what a solid bulking routine looks like. im asking how i should make one up given the two workouts a week that are ****ty and i cant get out of. i know that a solid bulking routine does NOT include the circuit training that i have to do twice a week. any useful help??

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
i would just go light weight during the circuit class and eat more... it may actually benefit your gains and appetite to have some cardio like that

have some taurine on hand in case of pumps.

weightmeister

Awards
So go light in circuit training and lift double on those days? Or maybe just on one of the days?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
If you can handle it yeah.

How taxing the circuit class will be is up to you.
In my class I lifted so light I wouldn't even count it as "lifting." I would come back later and lift for real on my own.

Don't push yourself for reps or weight in the circuit class, just make it a cardio session.

Hikeon3

Hikeon3

Awards
If you can handle it yeah.

How taxing the circuit class will be is up to you.
In my class I lifted so light I wouldn't even count it as "lifting." I would come back later and lift for real on my own.

Don't push yourself for reps or weight in the circuit class, just make it a cardio session.
I like this response.

Plus food to compensate.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If that circuit taxes your recovery then you are most likely poorly conditioned.

Using hormones at 18 or 19 years old, and (based upon your listed stats - 6', 175 lb) so far away from your natural ceiling doesn't make a lot of sense either.

Br

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I work out five times a week.

You're only working out two days with this circuit training - so just go in and lift heavy on the other days.

Personally though - I'd treat those circuits as "cardio" and then come back in the evening to lift heavy and do that for five days.

I'm bat **** crazy though - a lot of people think five a week is too much.