Weird result from push-ups yesterday...

Noumenon

Awards
I had no time to make it to the gym, so I threw in a couple sets of push-ups just to not feel like a lazy pos. Today my serratus anterior(boxer muscle/that extra muscle underneath the lats) is sore but not my chest. Is this typical? I've never experienced this result from push-ups before.

Tragedy

Awards
Were you doing wide pushups or hands at shoulder width? Everytime I go very wide it incorps your lat/ serratus more in the movement. The closer you go inward with your hands concentrates on tricep and pec. Mind muscle connection help me the best with pushups tho. Make sure your contracting the part you want to hit or else you need to re adjust

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Keep your shoulder blades retracted through the entire movement. You probably reached the top then thrust your shoulders forward to "finish" the rep.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I had no time to make it to the gym, so I threw in a couple sets of push-ups just to not feel like a lazy pos. Today my serratus anterior(boxer muscle/that extra muscle underneath the lats) is sore but not my chest. Is this typical? I've never experienced this result from push-ups before.
My lats always hurt from pushups

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Keep your shoulder blades retracted through the entire movement. You probably reached the top then thrust your shoulders forward to "finish" the rep.
^^^ This