Is there a way to increase wrist size?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I want to have bigger wrists. I'm not talking about like gaining 3 inches in my wrists or anything like that, but I have wrists that are about 18.8cm or just under 7 1/2". I want to get my wrists to be around 8". Is this possible, or am I stuck with the same wrist size?

carnivalhobo

Awards
Well the easy answer is to gain weight. Fat guys have big wrists. Obviously with enough grip and forearm training and a caloric surplus your wrists will likely grow although adding more than a half inch or so seem like it would require a fairly drastic change in body weight.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well the easy answer is to gain weight. Fat guys have big wrists. Obviously with enough grip and forearm training and a caloric surplus your wrists will likely grow although adding more than a half inch or so seem like it would require a fairly drastic change in body weight.
Well the good news is I'm only hoping for a little over 1/2" increase. like a 3/4" increase. I'm 240 6 foot I'm hoping to be about 225 lean.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
No. And everytime you try, a baby kitten dies.

gearhead89

Awards
fist time i ever heard about making your wrist bigger....

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
My wrist has increased thickness from steel bending long and short bar, and lots of sledge leveraging. I am also leaner now than I used to be but my wrists are still close to the same size. They are still on the smaller end, but they used to be pencil thin.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
hm never heard of sledge leveraging before. cool!

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
I would think punching the heavy bag may increase wrist strength/size, but this is a guess.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well i mean one of the reasons I wanted bigger wrists is for jsut that bigger wrists, but the other reason was I read that if your wrist is around 7" you will probably only get 17" arms naturally. Idk how much that plays a factor. I want my arms to be 18 and I'm not expecting that soon but that's what I'm hoping for.

TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Awards
HEAVY farmers. DLs etc. I'm not entirely convinced direct forearm training causes as much growth as just lifting heavy ass weight!

But farmers with thick handles for sure.

I have been told I have cankles of the wrist. Also that my forearms look like turkey legs. Etc. etc.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HEAVY farmers. DLs etc. I'm not entirely convinced direct forearm training causes as much growth as just lifting heavy ass weight!

But farmers with thick handles for sure.

I have been told I have cankles of the wrist. Also that my forearms look like turkey legs. Etc. etc.
Damn. What kinda training program do you follow?
I just started judo, so grip and speed is everything. Would love some turkey leg forearms lol.

TheProfessor

TheProfessor

Awards
I currently Compete in strongman. Oh yeah. Growing a massive beard also increases forearm size.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I currently Compete in strongman. Oh yeah. Growing a massive beard also increases forearm size.
Haha. I heard that on some powerlifting or strong man radio show!!
This is legit!!

BigGunn

BigGunn

Awards
I have developed the girth of my wrists over the years thru frequent- and consistent masturbation.

There are training videos all over the web bro.

I want to have bigger wrists. I'm not talking about like gaining 3 inches in my wrists or anything like that, but I have wrists that are about 18.8cm or just under 7 1/2". I want to get my wrists to be around 8". Is this possible, or am I stuck with the same wrist size?