Lately I have been training all my push movements on one day and then all of my pull movements on another. I am also currently splitting my legs up into two separate focus days - hams/glutes and quads. I have also recently combined my rep ranges into one workout rather than alternating week to week. I start out with low rep, power-movements and gradually work the rep range higher as I go through my workout. I believe its important to continually switch up my routine so as not to grow stagnant in my development. I also stagger the intensity (periodization) of my main power movements. I cannot continually lift heavy compound movements week after week without burning out so I incorporate lighter "deload" days into my routine periodically to allow for ample recovery. Here is a sample of my latest press-day workout.

WARM UP

Typically my warm up for a press day includes 5-10 minutes on the elliptical, a few minutes of light shoulder exercises, and finally a gradual pyramid into my first working set.

DECLINE BARBELL PRESS

I have been using a decline position for my main power-press chest movement because it aggravates my shoulders to a much lesser degree than a standard, flat bench-press.

275 X 4
315 X 4
315 X 3
315 X 3 (failed at 2)

Here is the video of my last set in which I failed on my attempt at 3. I believe its important to take SOME sets to failure. If I take EVERY set to failure burnout is inevitable. This is where properly set safety bars come in handy!

SMITH MACHINE MILITARY PRESS

Most often I train by myself. So I have to be carefully creative with my exercise selection to ensure I can continue to move big weight but not risk injury without a spotter. The smith machine has become a good friend!

245 X 5
245 X 5
185 X 12

HAMMER STRENGTH INCLINE PRESS

185 X 6
155 X 6
135 X 8

MACHINE LATERAL RAISES

130 X 12
130 X 10

CABLE-FLYES SUPER-SETTED WITH TRICEP ROPE PUSH-DOWNS

180 X 12 / Ropes - 90 X 12
170 X 12 / Ropes - 90 X 10, drop X 4, drop X 4

BODY-WEIGHT DIPS

As you can see my overall volume is not tremendous but I try to keep the intensity pretty high as I usually hit failure once per exercise. I also make use of drop sets and super-sets when my calorie intake is sufficient to support it. In this workout I only performed 4 sets of direct tricep work, which is pretty typical. On occasion I might increase the volume up to 5 or 6 sets but my arms are pretty fatigued after all of the pressing alone.