2 a day work outs

JohnnyRambo

Awards
I am looking for some info on doing 2 a day workouts.

I've been on a high intensity routine for about 3 weeks now, it's very similar to Dorian Yate's Blood and Guts routine.

I go in and give it my all. I lift at least one HEAVY set till failure on each exercise, incorporate negs, burn outs, etc. I only have 1 min of rest in between sets. It usually only takes me about 40-45 mins to finish my routine. However, later in the evening I still have a lot of energy. I feel that I could definitely go back and give it a go for round 2. I have without a doubt seen some strength and overall size improvements, but I'm worried about possibly over training.

I must reiterate this; I give it my all! I push my last heavy sets hard, and really keep the intensity up till I complete my work out. I'm not slacking at all during these workouts! I just still have energy, like a 2nd wind later in the evening.

Any input/ experiences would be much appreciated!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The entire premise of HIT is create a maximal stimulus with a minimal energy expenditure, thereby allowing for greater recovery and more adaptation (gains).

If you still have energy and are looking for something to do, perform some cardio. Cary the intensities based on recovery and what you did earlier in the day - low intensity the day of and day following a lower body workout, moderate intensity, high intensity intervals a few days separated from lower body work.

br

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
The entire premise of HIT is create a maximal stimulus with a minimal energy expenditure, thereby allowing for greater recovery and more adaptation (gains).

If you still have energy and are looking for something to do, perform some cardio. Cary the intensities based on recovery and what you did earlier in the day - low intensity the day of and day following a lower body workout, moderate intensity, high intensity intervals a few days separated from lower body work.

br
This is actually a good idea and I agree. The reason for HIT is to maximize recovery doing a second workout would just dig into that. You could also do a mobility/dexterity/stretching session at night

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards

Yeess, I third this approach. 2 a day LIFTS, IMO should only be done if ur on some gear. Otherwise you can really risk catabolism