DC training(hamstrings)

  1. Question DC training(hamstrings)


    Sumo deadlift
    Stiff leg deadlift
    Good morning

    Do I do straight sets or rest pause on these hamstring exercises?

  2. Jahcuree
    Jahcuree's Avatar

    im pretty sure stiff leggeds are a straight set only.
    •   
       


  3. You would straight set the last 2. Sumo deadlifts are generally not a recommended ham exercise as your gluts are so involved in leveraging the weight. As lame as it sounds, you might be better off doing some variation of a curl.

  4. If you read his articles and theory behind his work out, it will explain that the bigger more intense exercises, such as squat and dead lift, he does not recommend doing a rest pause set due to the intensity being more likely to do harm.

  5. deadlift is back thickness exercise. try sumo press for hams, very good exercise
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    You would straight set the last 2. Sumo deadlifts are generally not a recommended ham exercise as your gluts are so involved in leveraging the weight. As lame as it sounds, you might be better off doing some variation of a curl.
    i agree.

    go with stiff leggs and good mornings and toss in a day with a lying ham curl - you could rest pause those if you want. I'll switch it up between a RP and a straight set of 15. You can challenge yourself with either.

  7. The last I tried sumo press I felt more pressure and strain in my hip flexors and upper thigh instead of hams... doing it wrong maybe?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by CPRESTON View Post
    The last I tried sumo press I felt more pressure and strain in my hip flexors and upper thigh instead of hams... doing it wrong maybe?
    possibly. maybe play with foot position until you nail it. i love it

  9. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    i agree.

    go with stiff leggs and good mornings and toss in a day with a lying ham curl - you could rest pause those if you want. I'll switch it up between a RP and a straight set of 15. You can challenge yourself with either.
    to each his own but i would never advocate rp good mornings

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    to each his own but i would never advocate rp good mornings
    I think he was suggesting rp the lying curls

  11. Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    to each his own but i would never advocate rp good mornings
    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    I think he was suggesting rp the lying curls

    just the curls.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Some hamstrings and glutes coming in FINALLY!
    By Sporto in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:22 PM
  2. killer Hamstrings
    By MEH89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 03:54 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
  4. Does Anyone NOT Directly Train Their Hamstrings?
    By ShadowOne in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 07:55 PM
  5. Need some help with tight hamstrings
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2002, 07:21 AM
Log in
Log in