DC training(hamstrings)

cham

cham

Awards
Sumo deadlift
Stiff leg deadlift
Good morning

Do I do straight sets or rest pause on these hamstring exercises?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You would straight set the last 2. Sumo deadlifts are generally not a recommended ham exercise as your gluts are so involved in leveraging the weight. As lame as it sounds, you might be better off doing some variation of a curl.

CPRESTON

Awards
If you read his articles and theory behind his work out, it will explain that the bigger more intense exercises, such as squat and dead lift, he does not recommend doing a rest pause set due to the intensity being more likely to do harm.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
deadlift is back thickness exercise. try sumo press for hams, very good exercise

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
You would straight set the last 2. Sumo deadlifts are generally not a recommended ham exercise as your gluts are so involved in leveraging the weight. As lame as it sounds, you might be better off doing some variation of a curl.
i agree.

go with stiff leggs and good mornings and toss in a day with a lying ham curl - you could rest pause those if you want. I'll switch it up between a RP and a straight set of 15. You can challenge yourself with either.

CPRESTON

Awards
The last I tried sumo press I felt more pressure and strain in my hip flexors and upper thigh instead of hams... doing it wrong maybe?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
The last I tried sumo press I felt more pressure and strain in my hip flexors and upper thigh instead of hams... doing it wrong maybe?
possibly. maybe play with foot position until you nail it. i love it

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i agree.

go with stiff leggs and good mornings and toss in a day with a lying ham curl - you could rest pause those if you want. I'll switch it up between a RP and a straight set of 15. You can challenge yourself with either.
to each his own but i would never advocate rp good mornings

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established