DY Blood & Guts

TexanSoldier8

Awards
I was looking around on some websites trying to find some tips and work outs on building a better chest. I found this 6 week routine body work out and decided im gonna start it myself soon. I just wanted to see if any one here has heard of it, or tried it and what you think about it.

gnuisance

Awards
I've been using a variation of it with good success. Important to have a partner so you can go past failure as DY suggests. Good luck.

Mrbobcat

Awards
I just found that routine about a month ago and giving it a try. So far I've made decent progress and have'nt even went to absolute failure on everything yet or added any forced reps. I'm just happy adding 5-10 pounds each week on most of the exercises. I'm thinking the gains will slow up soon, but we'll see. At least its a good change of pace and different than what I'm used to.

TexanSoldier8

Awards
have'nt even went to absolute failure on everything yet or added any forced reps. I'm just happy adding 5-10 pounds each week on most of the exercises. I'm thinking the gains will slow up soon, but we'll see. At least its a good change of pace and different than what I'm used to.
Well then you technically arent doing the work out right then are you? :p Im sure you would gain more if you did go to failure and added some extra negatives?

Mrbobcat

Awards
Possibly, but you also run the risk of injury and overtraining. Plus right now I'm at weights slightly above where I normally would stop a routine and start over. Most of the sets I can't get another rep so don't worry, failure is coming either this week or next.

TexanSoldier8

Awards
I was watching the video again and looking at the work outs, i thought he said it was a 6day work out but i only see 4 days listed.

deumcole

deumcole

Awards
I've used the B&G a few times before, & it is fun to use. However, it is important to have a good lifting buddy who can spot you real well.

The most important aspect I've seen people struggle with is going past failure. They either don't do it, or just don't understand the concept. It's OK to get ambitious with some of the sets & use some heavy-ass weight, just make sure you have a good spot. Always strive for that extra 1-2 reps, even if it extends beyond the rep scheme.

Other than that, have fun with B&G. You'll hit some PRs fairly quick.

Turnitup122

Awards
Possibly, but you also run the risk of injury and overtraining. Plus right now I'm at weights slightly above where I normally would stop a routine and start over. Most of the sets I can't get another rep so don't worry, failure is coming either this week or next.
exactly. HIT is great but im pretty sure dorian has had quite a few injuries in his career. not to mention the amount of anabolics he was and probebly still is on