Arm overdevelopment.

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
My left forearm is overdeveloping compared to my right, while my right bicep is overdeveloping compared to my left. What's going on? I do same exercises for both arms.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
How your bodys wired, little things.
Unless your in the competing stage, I wouldn't worry about it.

The left arm tends to get bigger, because it's (usually) the non-dominant arm. Therefor it overcompensates and grows bigger.

Ask alot of lifters, they'll say their left arm is bigger.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How your bodys wired, little things.
Unless your in the competing stage, I wouldn't worry about it.

The left arm tends to get bigger, because it's (usually) the non-dominant arm. Therefor it overcompensates and grows bigger.

Ask alot of lifters, they'll say their left arm is bigger.
I've notices this as well. My left side is more defined as well. My right side is still much stronger though. Even though for a little over a year now ive tried to correct
it by doing heavier one arm movements for less reps. The cns connection to my right side is just too strong.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hum, interesting, had never hear that theory of dominant hand.

My left arm is smaller than my right arm, so I have always done free weights mostly, to make sure they are both being hit equally. I try to stray away from the barbells and exercises that hit both together exactly because of that.

The part that weirds me out about myself is: I am a left handed, well, kinda, I write with my left hand. But I golf right handed, play tennis right handed, throw a football right handed, boxe right handed... Basically everything I need strength for is right handed. Anything I need precision goes to my left, so that will be brushing teeth, writing, cutting, playing with myself, playing with women :)lol:), etc.

I've always tried to compensate and get both arms equal but was never able to so kinda gave up worrying as much.