Close Grip Bench - 4 Sets (1 Warmup)
Over Head Rope Extensions - 3 Sets
Reverse Grip Pulldowns - 3 Sets

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too much bicep/tricep work, need more rear delt work, need more rowing work, need pull ups, need to add rumanian deadlifts for hams on leg day.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP must have edited his post, otherwise I disagree with Zir. The routine looks good for now. Just a couple of thoughts to maybe consider

-there's no problem training legs twice a week; recovery is usually pretty fast for legs, so if you can/want to do legs maybe 3 days before or after your existing leg day, you should think about it
-remember to periodically vary/cycle your exercises (especially your accessory lifts). This can mean once a month, every week, every other week, whatever. All depends on your micro cycle
-you may think about either alternating back and bicep sets and chest and tricep sets, or even supersetting them, instead of doing all back then all bicep etc.

Besides alternating exercises, the above aren't crucial points just some things to mull over.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
A few changes id opt for personally although each person is different.

- Switch T-Bar row for BB Row (much better back developer in my opinion best back excercise)
- Instead of doing wide grip pulldown do pullups if you can't do pullups use the assisted pull up machine its much better to help ease the way into pullups another thing that helped me say maybe you can do one pullup, go all the way up and hold with chin above bar for 20 seconds 2-3 times.
- Eliminate machines, machines limit motion and often really just isolate a muscle causing some to lack and others to thrive i'll suggest a couple options to change below to work in.

- Leg Extensions -> Front Squats
- Leg Curls -> Stiff legged deadlifts
- Hammer Strength rows -> BB row
Other then that it seems fine for machines

- One thing i stress all the time which is what i see most people don't do when they first start off, really push yourself hard overload your muscles because thats how you build muscle. Don't use too much weight that you hurt yourself but enough to make your muscles adapt id rather see u in the 5-8 rep range rather then probally the 10-12 your in.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't use too much weight that you hurt yourself but enough to make your muscles adapt id rather see u in the 5-8 rep range rather then probally the 10-12 your in.
I think this is a great point. You'll likely see better results doing this.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's more work being done for arms than legs. That's an issue.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No deadlifts?

Also, there's no way in hell that the delts/traps need more volume than thighs or even their own day.

W

W13NY

Awards
what would be a sufficient amount of sets for biceps/triceps each week?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Wheres deads man? Deads are intergral imo.

Id also do higher reps for biceps as well as triceps.

W

W13NY

Awards
Im gonna add in the deads but ive heard that i should not have many sets for back, chest, or shoulders either... Do i have the right amount of sets for those body parts or should i add more?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always set up my work load to reflect the size/complexity of the muscle.

For example, there are 4 major muscles in the upper back that can be divided into two groups based on location and function
traps/rhomboids
lats/teres major

I suggest 6-9 sets for each. Traps and rhomboids are your rowing movements, lats/teres are pull ups. And somewhere in there you could throw in 3 sets of shrugs, which should be balanced by 3 sets of scapula depressions.

To balance than, you would only need 6-8 sets each for deltoids and pecs, respectively.

The muscles of your lower body make up about 50% of your muscle mass. And can be grouped into:

Major: glutes, hamstrings, quads

Minor: adductors, abductors, calves

Using large movements and small unilateral movements, you can accomplish a lot with less volume (if thats what you prefer)

Squats, deadlifts, a single leg squat variation (pitcher squat, split squat, travelling lunge) and a single leg hamstring movement (single leg RDL's).

Biceps do not require a significant amount of work, and in my opinion 2-5 sets is more than adequate.
Triceps require slightly more, and a lying triceps extension (of some form) to recruit the long head is required.

Br

T

Turnitup122

Awards
I don't get why people would opt for assistance moves rather than core compound moves. I mean what are you assisting if u don't have all the core excercises?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't get why people would opt for assistance moves rather than core compound moves. I mean what are you assisting if u don't have all the core excercises?
Most people don't really understand the purpose of assistance exercises and how to pick and implement them.