Know a good 6 day split?

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
Let me hear it. I'm looking for one, because I love working out 6 days per week.
Goal = Hypertrophy.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use a 5 day, but you could make it 6 if you gave abs a separate day or broke legs into separate groups or broke arms down to bi's one day and tri's the other:

Arms
Legs
Delts/Traps
OFF
Chest
Back
OFF

And I add in abs usually twice a week where I see fit, but like I said, you could adjust as needed.

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
@Rodja, the University gym.

@Midwest, I like the look of that one. I just don't know what I would do on the delts/Traps day.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be glad you're around for the expansion. It was so tiny before it was expanded in Fall '08.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
@Midwest, I like the look of that one. I just don't know what I would do on the delts/Traps day.
What a typical day of delts/traps looks like for me is:

- Shoulder Press (either DB, BB, or Arnolds)
- DB Side Lateral Raises
- Rear Delt DB Side Lateral Raises (usually seated, or sub'd with reverse cable flys, or lying on stomach on a bench)

- Barbell Shrugs (varying between bar in front or behind me)
- DB Shrugs or Smith machine Shrugs* (done standing parallel to the bar, shrugging with just one arm)

But like I said, if you didn't want to break it down that way or if you wanted to separate legs or arms, it's easily modified. I've just found that way happens to work really well where I'm not too sore to train the next body part when that day rolls around.

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
Thanks Midwest, I'll give that split a try, I've been needing a change of pace.

Rodja, I can't imagine the gym being smaller, especially with all the bro's who are there. It would be a madhouse. And thanks for the advice.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Midwest, I'll give that split a try, I've been needing a change of pace.

Rodja, I can't imagine the gym being smaller, especially with all the bro's who are there. It would be a madhouse. And thanks for the advice.
Do what I did: design your training so that most of it is done in the power racks. There's usually always 1-2 open.

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
I use a 5 day, but you could make it 6 if you gave abs a separate day or broke legs into separate groups or broke arms down to bi's one day and tri's the other:

Arms
Legs
Delts/Traps
OFF
Chest
Back
OFF

And I add in abs usually twice a week where I see fit, but like I said, you could adjust as needed.
What's a good compound lift for arms day?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's a good compound lift for arms day?
For tri's, close grip bench is good. I personally hate it because I hardly feel it in my tri's, though lol.

I usually hit something like:

olympic bar curls
DB hammer curls
overhead ring cable curls

cable tricep pushdowns (varied attachments)
overhead extensions (either cable from the low pulley or DBs)
skull crushers
cable ring reverse curls (light weight, very slow reps/contractions)