2 ON 1 OFF Bulking plan.

Bigred13

Awards
Due to my work schedule I need a workout plan that is 2 days on 1 day off. On my days off i include 30 min of cardio. I am 6'2 215 currently, trying to bulk (add another 15 pnds) By the end of winter. Any help on a good plan would be much appreciated. My plan right now is

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: off
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Arms
Day 6: off
Day 7: Legs
repeat

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Due to my work schedule I need a workout plan that is 2 days on 1 day off. On my days off i include 30 min of cardio. I am 6'2 215 currently, trying to bulk (add another 15 pnds) By the end of winter. Any help on a good plan would be much appreciated. My plan right now is

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: off
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Arms
Day 6: off
Day 7: Legs
repeat
I think you could probably knock out 2 of those days by splitting shoulders and arms into chest and back days. That would allow u to hit the groups more frequently. IMO shoulders and arms really dont need a full day dedicated to them but thats just me. Also, 15lbs in 6 months is going to be a stretch most gain that in a year naturally. Are you going to be taking anything?

What do you do for work?

Bigred13

Awards
I think you could probably knock out 2 of those days by splitting shoulders and arms into chest and back days. That would allow u to hit the groups more frequently. IMO shoulders and arms really dont need a full day dedicated to them but thats just me. Also, 15lbs in 6 months is going to be a stretch most gain that in a year naturally. Are you going to be taking anything?

What do you do for work?
I am a firefighter, we have equipment here, but it is mostly geared twoards cardio, i.e elyptical treadmill, and a bike....we have some ancient weight machines but they SUCK! As far as taking anything, Just a pre-workout, whey protein, and eating like a horse. I have thought about using a PH, but I really need more education on the products. A good friend of mine has a supplement store and has been trying to get me to use on for a while.....so I may over the winter. So you are saying run, bi's and back together and pair shoulders with tri's? Thanks

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a firefighter too bro be careful with phs and the drug test. You can pop hot pretty quick. It doesn't matter if its otc.

Are you on a modified kelly? As far as diet I know youre good there since most fds eat amazing!

For bulking I would most definitely incorporate those exactly how you said. Just lift heavy as sh1t and you'll be solid bro. And as long as you set yourself up for a good recovery you can train more frequently. Listen to your body as well if youre up all night running calls I've found it to be counterproductive to force a training session.

Good luck to you and this is just what I've learned with myself everyone is different. Try different things find what you respond to the best and go from there. I really do find it overkill to do arms and shoulders on their own day though.

Bigred13

Awards
I'm a firefighter too bro be careful with phs and the drug test. You can pop hot pretty quick. It doesn't matter if its otc.Are you on a modified kelly? As far as diet I know youre good there since most fds eat amazing!For bulking I would most definitely incorporate those exactly how you said. Just lift heavy as sh1t and you'll be solid bro. And as long as you set yourself up for a good recovery you can train more frequently. Listen to your body as well if youre up all night running calls I've found it to be counterproductive to force a training session.Good luck to you and this is just what I've learned with myself everyone is different. Try different things find what you respond to the best and go from there. I really do find it overkill to do arms and shoulders on their own day though.
I work a 24/48 scheule, yeah that is what worries me with the ph. What schedule do you work? I think I am going to try that new plan out. how do you train w/ your schedule?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you in a while. I work 2 on 7 off 3 on 2 off repeat. I work out any day thats a workout day bro. Look up SBPR thats a 3 day a week plan that could work pretty well for you IMO.

If you get a chance read Iron Addicts Way of Change. It's a super easy read and it's packed full of info.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't support the use PH supplements...but I don't think (could be wrong) they test for AAS on fire/law enforcements regular tests. I believe its just narcotics/marajuana, etc.

Althought, Last I heard New Jersey (ironically of all states) was trying to implement PED testing for law enforcement.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't support the use PH supplements...but I don't think (could be wrong) they test for AAS on fire/law enforcements regular tests. I believe its just narcotics/marajuana, etc.

Althought, Last I heard New Jersey (ironically of all states) was trying to implement PED testing for law enforcement.
Depends on what the Chief wants. They could test for anything and as hard as it is to get a fire job, it's really not worth it.