Big Chest do I still train it??

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
My best feature (and strongest lifts in the gym) has always been my chest. The problem is, it makes my arms and shoulders look a little small in relative comparison.... been training for years.... now I'm finally wondering:

- should I concentrate on way more arm and shoulder exercises and train little to no chest?

or

- should I continue hitting chest hard (as most bodybuilding programs prescribe)

Just not sure what to do.... any advice would help!

Thanks!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My best feature (and strongest lifts in the gym) has always been my chest. The problem is, it makes my arms and shoulders look a little small in relative comparison.... been training for years.... now I'm finally wondering:

- should I concentrate on way more arm and shoulder exercises and train little to no chest?

or

- should I continue hitting chest hard (as most bodybuilding programs prescribe)

Just not sure what to do.... any advice would help!

Thanks!

Continue hitting chest, bench press is definitely one of the best upper body mass exercises so there isn't a reason to skip it entirely.

Instead, just put more focus on the other big lifts ie chins, deads, rows, dips, Squats, military press, etc. If you have a body part that's especially lagging in development try one of the specialization programs that are out there.