I can't back squat. Can someone help please?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I can't back squat. Can someone help please?

I can front squat just fine, but I can't back squat high bar and I can't get the bar in the low bar position at all. I've been doing shoulder dislocations for months and that doesn't help at all. Plus I have to use a ridiculously wide grip to do them. My upper back is still extremely tight even though I've been doing heavy barbell rows and rear delt work. Evertime I place the bar in the squat position, I feel a strong pull on my left rear delt, my right delt feels fine, but my left or that general area pulls like crazy and I can't hold the bar for long. I'm hopign this isn't caused by my scoliosis, but I used to be able to do back squats just fine but that was two years ago.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Seriously try myo-facial rolling for your shoulders and back. I was a skeptic but the sh*t works wonders for flexibility.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Seriously try myo-facial rolling for your shoulders and back. I was a skeptic but the sh*t works wonders for flexibility.
    I've been doing that alittle bit, but not everynight.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I hope you have a very hard roller?! It makes all the difference in the world. I got a black Exervo from netfitco and it's dense as heck! I also use a tennis ball for my rear delt and rear trap area. It digs in there really good. 2 months ago I couldn't even reach my rear trap to scratch an itch, but now I have no problem.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I hope you have a very hard roller?! It makes all the difference in the world. I got a black Exervo from netfitco and it's dense as heck! I also use a tennis ball for my rear delt and rear trap area. It digs in there really good. 2 months ago I couldn't even reach my rear trap to scratch an itch, but now I have no problem.
    I have a blue one from walmart, that now has a dent in it from use. Where did you get yours?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I have a blue one from walmart, that now has a dent in it from use. Where did you get yours?
    From his post I'm going to guess this is what he's talking about: http://www.nefitco.com/foam-roller-nimbus-36x6.html
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by owlicks View Post
    From his post I'm going to guess this is what he's talking about: http://www.nefitco.com/foam-roller-nimbus-36x6.html
    Yup, that's the one! It's dense and after 2 months of almost daily use, it still held its form. No dents or sunken sections. I'll warn you ahead of time though that it is stiff and you will be very sore when you first start using it. The blue ones suck, and even other brands "black" ones do too. I found the Exervo to be the stiffest.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Okay thanks. I've been foam rolling my thighs to and just above the knee hurts alot but it's gotten rid of alot of knee pain. I know this is goign to hurt even worse lol.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Save yourself some money and go to home depot and get 4" pvc. Never going to lose it's form and well be 10x as stiff as any roller.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schultepk View Post
    Save yourself some money and go to home depot and get 4" pvc. Never going to lose it's form and well be 10x as stiff as any roller.
    lol that's cruel! Dude, to start out with a PVC would be torture! lol Heck, even tennis balls are pretty brutal.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

lol that's cruel! Dude, to start out with a PVC would be torture! lol Heck, even tennis balls are pretty brutal.
    I'm just used to blue rollers lol
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schultepk View Post
    Why can't I just go to the lumber yard and get a big piece of uncut lumber? That way I can use it to massage my muscles and it's so heavy I can get a killer workout in each time I use it.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Frick it, just get yourself a 4" diameter steel pipe! I'm sure it'll get all the adhesions out without fail! lol
  14. Registered User
    Answers

You must consult and take the advises from the good professional persons to get the appropriate solution of your problem. Don't take the fake information from any spammers.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiann View Post
    You must consult and take the advises from the good professional persons to get the appropriate solution of your problem. Don't take the fake information from any spammers.
    I wish the "advises" comment was an Arnold reference, but unfortunately I believe this spammer has not watched Pumping Iron.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiann View Post
    Who's the spammer?!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 06:40 PM
  2. Can't seem to back squat right.
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 06:19 PM
  3. Squat/flexablity/back......
    By Pitbull14218 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 11:04 AM
  4. Free Squat Vs Smith Squat
    By goleafsgo1216 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 09:49 PM
  5. how much less will a front squat be than a back squat be on average?
    By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 07:11 PM