Bodyweight exercises Challenge! (Plus giving away 1 bottle of Division 1)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Challenge #1

Time to see how long it takes you to do 100 pull ups!

Challenge #2

Time to see how long it takes you to get 100 dips!

Challenge #3

Time to see how long it takes you to get 500 push ups!

Challenge #4

Time to see how long it takes you to get 100 Chin ups

Challenge #5

Time to see how long it takes you to get 500 leg raises

Challenge #6

Time to see how long it takes you to get 100 burpees

HARDCORE Challenge #7

Time to see how long it takes you to get

100 Pull ups
100 Dips
100 Chin ups
100 Push ups
100 Body squat
100 Leg raises
100 Burpees

Figured it would be fun for everyone to try it out, it's motivating for me to get my numbers up on all exercises after seeing some wicked ones on youtube. I still have yet to try any, but will give them each a shot, first up is a 100 rep pull up challenge I'll try after my boxing workout Wednesday. Feel free to post up your times up!

This is the video that gave me the idea, plus Whatsaroid wanted me to start a thread, he is gonna pull some crazy good times:)

For the hell of it anyone who joins in and participates, I'll take everyone's name in a month and do a random draw on random.org for a free bottle of Division 1 from my own stash:)

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
you guys are crazy....

in to watch the madness....

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about 10 of each and we call it even?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HARDCORE Challenge #7

Time to see how long it takes you to get

100 Pull ups
100 Dips
100 Chin ups
100 Push ups
100 Body squat
100 Leg ups
100 Burpees
is this meant to be on a scale of hours, days or weeks? :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is this meant to be on a scale of hours, days or weeks? :D

As long as it takes! If you complete it then thats wicked!

I hope more people join in on it:)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They certainly are...and furthermore, stupidity has no cure.
I just looked up kipping pullup, never heard of it before, looks hard on the shoulders joints lol

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Videos or taking people on there word??? I'm rolling chest on Saturday but I'm thinking 500 Pushups and 100 chins instead.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Videos or taking people on there word??? I'm rolling chest on Saturday but I'm thinking 500 Pushups and 100 chins instead.
I'll take everyones word for it, it's just for fun and improvement, we can always keep track and improve on our own times, if you want to post a video that would be awesome as well, of course it would be boring to watch all 500 push ups, but if you know how to do the fast forward thing like the video I posted, that would be sweet!

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Wow fantastic thread, ill be doing mine with extra weight on me since its boring just BW alone. Lets get this started and if anyone can beat me at whatever challenge I do with proof ill throw in a bottle of Peach Tea Lit-Up!
I dont think you realize what you started with that statement, lol. I'll beat you a few days after you put up your times :D

oh and jd, I lold because I got your message when I was typing this, haha.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol I knew you would be into something like this!

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I know how to edit the video so it's watchable besides videos make it more fun IMO.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This looks fun! I'm gonna crush the chin-ups. It will be interesting to see how I do on dips, too (though for my weight and fitness level I know I'll have to take breaks to reach 100). Lastly, what exactly are leg-ups? Are they step-ups on a bench?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoot, I could have gone a lot faster on the bodyweight squats but I have never done 100 and didn't know how to pace myself. 2 mins, 5.0 seconds

EDIT: hip flexors are pretty blasted, lol

RE-EDIT: oops, noticed this is not one the challenges, LOL.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This looks fun! I'm gonna crush the chin-ups. It will be interesting to see how I do on dips, too (though for my weight and fitness level I know I'll have to take breaks to reach 100). Lastly, what exactly are leg-ups? Are they step-ups on a bench?

Sorry meant leg raises, just fixed it.

Shoot, I could have gone a lot faster on the bodyweight squats but I have never done 100 and didn't know how to pace myself. 2 mins, 5.0 seconds

EDIT: hip flexors are pretty blasted, lol

RE-EDIT: oops, noticed this is not one the challenges, LOL.
But hey it's a nice warm up for you next time you try the hardcore challenge;)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't have a chance to do it yesterday, but will try the pull up and push up challenges tomorrow. Anyone else give it a shot yet?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! Military may come in handy on this one :) thats all we do for pt!

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I dont think you realize what you started with that statement, lol. I'll beat you a few days after you put up your times :Doh and jd, I lold because I got your message when I was typing this, haha.
Im planning on doing 100 dips with two or three 45 plats strapped on me. If you can beat my time then you deserve the Lit-Up or two. :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If he can accomplish anything close then ima add more 45's haha
Ya I wanna see some vids between you 2!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!! GET READY FOR A DIP OFF!!!!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No kipping on the pullups. Damn Crossfit'ers are like a virus of stupidity.
No ****! I saw a guy doing this at the the gym the other day and challenged him to do just 15 with good form... He couldn't do it and then felt the need to tell me how crossfit makes him soooooo much stronger than traditional weight training. There are now more crossfit decals on cars than there are mexican last names across the rear windshield

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Im planning on doing 100 dips with two or three 45 plats strapped on me. If you can beat my time then you deserve the Lit-Up or two. :D
hmmm, how much do you weigh? (trying to make it fair :p)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pull Up Challenge Time 100 pull ups- 27:49 (strict form) OK a lot harder then I expected lol, I'm not really happy with my time but I'm motivated to get better next time!

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pull Up Challenge Time 100 pull ups- 27:49 (strict form) OK a lot harder then I expected lol, I'm not really happy with my time but I'm motivated to get better next time!
Hell yea, ima do mine tomorrow. To get more people in here the person that beats me gets a stack of their choice from appnut.com. Must post video to prove it BTW. Anyway I set some PR's tonight at 0300 I'm pumped.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good in house comp...should have a sit up comp... Most in 2 minutes. That's hard...core gets to dead

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, ima do mine tomorrow. To get more people in here the person that beats me gets a stack of their choice from appnut.com. Must post video to prove it BTW. Anyway I set some PR's tonight at 0300 I'm pumped.
I'm waiting :D

you doing weighted pullups or bw?

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
100 pullups in 17 min 40 sec.

have video of the pullups, but I paused for my rests (so I guess you kind of have to take my word anyway, lol).

I'll try to get it up later today.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
100 pullups in 17 min 40 sec.

have video of the pullups, but I paused for my rests (so I guess you kind of have to take my word anyway, lol).

I'll try to get it up later today.

Very nice time, I'm gonna try it again Monday.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
first 50 were done in 5 minutes, lol

got real tough real quick after that
Nice, How many did you get on your first set? did you go straight to failure?

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
With a 45 plate on you? I did 20 my first set but that wasn't wide grip. If you post a full video with no pausing of you doing 100 BW+45 pounds and beating my time then I'll send you whatever you want by the end of the month sir. If you can do that faster then me you deserve it!Also I will attempt to do it with 50 pounds this weekend I want to increase 5 pounds a week if possible.
100 pullups in 17 min 40 sec.have video of the pullups, but I paused for my rests (so I guess you kind of have to take my word anyway, lol).I'll try to get it up later today.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
No, bw

edit: were you doing underhand or overhand close grip? because underhand I can definitely kill with +45

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm trying the Chin up and Dip one together tonight, after a bunch of chest tho, so I'm guessing the dips will take me a bit lol.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
i might try this before work tomorrow, probably pull ups and then finish off the workout with db rows, ill post up a time if i remember, no video though

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i might try this before work tomorrow, probably pull ups and then finish off the workout with db rows, ill post up a time if i remember, no video though
Sweet look forward to it!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Couldn't manage to go to the gym before work but I'll get it in tomorrow unless something comes up

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
80 pull ups in sets of 10 in about 17 minutes. Couldn't get the hundo! I was furious! Next time I'm doing this at the beginning of back day!

Dips are next:)

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
80 pull ups in sets of 10 in about 17 minutes. Couldn't get the hundo! I was furious! Next time I'm doing this at the beginning of back day!

Dips are next:)
Lol, why didn't you complete it? Did the gym close?

EDIT: oh, were you trying to beat Andrew's time?