Best advice to bigger arms

cg123

Awards
Hi any suggestions for supplements and a new training routine to bigger arms? I have made great progress with a back bi, chest tri, legs shoulders split but have been using this for a while. I feel it is time to switch it up. Please help, Thanks Chris

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Deadlifts and weighted pull-ups. You'd be suprised.

YYZgeddylee

YYZgeddylee

Awards
Look for the book Winning the Arms Race.
Tough but effective.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
always mixing it up, exercises, reps, BB, DB, mix it up everytime. do ALOT of triceps since they take 2/3 of your arm. for triceps, reverse bench, dips are my main lifts. i do alot of super sets as well.

cg123

Awards
Thanks for the help but could anyone give me a set training routine for bigger arms that you have tried and had success with? Thanks

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Thanks for the help but could anyone give me a set training routine for bigger arms that you have tried and had success with? Thanks
I massively scaled back my efforts on my arms because as others pointed out, when you start getting to really heavy weights on things like bench and weighted pullups, your arms get a lot of work. When I was really trying to build my arms though, this was my favorite routine:

Cheat Barbell Curls supersetted with heavy Skull Crushers
Incline Dumbell Curls supersetted with weighted Dips
Spider Curls supersetted with Rope Tricep Cable Pulldowns and Rope Tricep Overhead Extensions

I would typically do three sets of each exercise (warmup at the beginning) with increasingly heavy weight. Aim for somewhere around 12, 9, 7 reps respectively. Arms are one area where I think you need a bit higher reps -- single rep maxes won't do much for you.

A couple notes about the exercises: I am a firm believer in barbell cheat curls for bulking your biceps, but you have to learn to do them correctly. Read up on it and make sure you are safe. Only use the "cheat" move as you get to the last few reps; if you are "cheating" from the start you are using too much weight. Also, if you aren't familiar with spider curls, they are basically preacher curls using the flat backside of the bench. These were always a great isolation exercise for the end of the routine.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
1. post this question in the training section

2. do chins

3. eat some food

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Definitely in the wrong section for this post. I have stubborn biceps and its my weak point in growth. Thanks to everyone for the ideas