Klinefelter Syndrome: Bad Genes or lack of Test?

Raikkonen

Awards
Okay let's put this into perpestive, do these people find it impossible to get ripped and big naturally. One of my mates has this and can't get into shape, no matter what he does. Could it be a lack of natural test?

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
I have a kid in school with XXY, skinny as a rake. From the literature I was given on it, it causes hypogonadism, so I would assume that it would at least make the process difficult. Seems like a candidate for trt. Apparently many XXY males require this for proper development through what should be the years of puberty.

Raikkonen

Awards
But mate what if you miss out on puberty on take it in your twenties after puberty?

Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Awards
  • Established
But mate what if you miss out on puberty on take it in your twenties after puberty?
Not sure what to tell you. The kid I know developed secondary characteristics but I have no idea about primary sex characteristics (and I wasn't asking. Lol). I would think that he should get a blood test and get his T-levels checked. He may be a candidate for trt. Other than that I don't have any advice. I don't know a ton about it, just what the literature I was given said. If he know's he has Klinefelter's he has to have a doctor. It's not something you can know by looking. They have to test the karyotype in a specific type of cell.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Klinefelter patients have an extra X chromosome, as mentioned previously (XXY). This duplicated X chromosome promotes a pro-feminine hormonal environment.

True non-mosaic Klinefelter patients can typically have gynecomastia, lack androgenic hair developement (pubic, axillary, facial especially), and have underdeveloped male genitalia in addition to hypogonadism. They also typically have the "feminine", or gynecoid, fat distribution...very pear shaped. They may also be infertile.

They can be chimeric though, in that some of their cells contain the extra X chromosome and some are normal. These are phenotypically better off, being more in line with a true male phenotype.

To answer your question, yes, his inability to "get ripped" is most likely related to low male hormone production (assuming he is untreated). He should be on TRT, and should be followed by someone familiar with the genetic condition.