Deadlift: 405lbs

I'm currently at

Bench: 175lbs
Squat: 185lbs
Deadlift: 230lbs

Should I change up my goals?

Should I train strength?

How should my workouts be incorporated?

When I try to squat heavy, I have a burning sensation in lower abdominal area.

I find benching and deadlifting easier to go up on weigh but squating quite hard because of my strict form and depth.

Any help is appreciated as well as criticism

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
not to sure what youre asking here.

check out 5x5 tho

Santee

Santee

Awards
not to sure what youre asking here.

check out 5x5 tho
The 5x5 has worked out great for bench and deadlift, not so much squat.

I'm asking if those goals are balnced out? Or should I aim for a less weight? Like is my deadlift goal too much? As well as my squat?

I usually do my squats deeper than a 90 degree angle.
Does high volume training help at all in squats for strength gains?
If so what kind?

I'm @ 175 and 6ft at about 11% bf

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
oh the top is your goal? its very realistic and do able

high volume isnt for strength.

watch the elitefts series "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN SQUAT" not bashing, but i guarantee your form and technique is off cuz its only 10lbs more than your BP

Santee

Santee

Awards
oh the top is your goal? its very realistic and do able

high volume isnt for strength.

watch the elitefts series "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN SQUAT" not bashing, but i guarantee your form and technique is off cuz its only 10lbs more than your BP
I just started squattig again, I wasn't serious about lifts before and on the downside my gym partner is an upperbody whore so I train legs solo

where is this series available?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
bawh dont worry, i train solo every day. 99% of my sets i dont have a spotter and do just fine, you only need the safety bars :p

just youtube it! good fcking series!

shovelhead76

shovelhead76

Awards
that elitefts series was great I made a couple little changes to my squat and immediately felt more 'stable' good stuff

to the OP I am right along side of you #'s wise except that its my squat and Dead that are within 5lbs of each other I am sure with time that will work itself out as I have alot left in me for deads

Im thinking a form issue with the squats can you post a video?

I was also thinking if you are stalling at 5x5 maybe move to 3x5

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
when you stall at 5's, reset a few times than id prolly move to 5/3/1. cant do 5x5 forever but sure can gain fast with it

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those goals are reasonable. The 5/3/1 would work well for the strength gains. There are a lot of varied powerlifting routines to focus on one of those, it might be beneficial to push for a while on your squat since it has the most to go.

Keep in mind that CNS stimulation is a huge piece of this, so taking regular rest periods and/or deload weeks will be important.

Santee

Santee

Awards
that elitefts series was great I made a couple little changes to my squat and immediately felt more 'stable' good stuff

to the OP I am right along side of you #'s wise except that its my squat and Dead that are within 5lbs of each other I am sure with time that will work itself out as I have alot left in me for deads

Im thinking a form issue with the squats can you post a video?

I was also thinking if you are stalling at 5x5 maybe move to 3x5
Haha I watched the video serious yesterday they were AWESOME

I think I have the same proplem as the guy in the video, tight hips and my butt goes in after I reach a certain depth,

I think I'm gonna do some accesory for my form and box squat, and train for volume for 4 sessions in the following two weeks and then move onto the 5x5 for my squat.

As for my bench, I'm gonna try 5/3/1 just need to look into it more

shovelhead76

shovelhead76

Awards
Yeah I hear a lot of talk about 5/3/1 I guess I should look into it. I'm still thinking I have a ways to go with 5x5 3x5 before moving onto 5/3/1 though. Im thinking progression is slower with 5/3/1 but not sure

need to research more