Hammer Strength Machines

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
M sure there are many threads on Hammer Strength Machines but I often get annoyed at some of the posts people write. A lot of people on the forums often knock the Hammer Strength Machines because they are often concerned about the total poundage of the lifts and the stabilizer muscles, etc. I'm not talking to the Powerlifters (no offense) this is for the Bodybuilders who in my opinion have a different mindset. A mindset about hypertrophy and feeling the muscle, squeezing the muscle, having a mind/muscle connection, and most importantly ISOLATION. My favorite Hammer Strength machines are the iso-lateral Incline and Flat chest press and also the iso-lateral rowing machine.

My current chest workout is as followed...
4- Dumbbell or Barbell Incline
4- Hammer Strength Flat Chest Press (seated upright not the laying)
4- Bodyweight Dips
4- Flys (often change from db's to machines and also angles)

*sometimes I switch it to incline hammer strength and do free weights for flat bench.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So was this just a general discussion thread on Hammer Strength Machines or are you asking a question of some sort?

Frankly it's nice to use those machines on a deload, even if you are a powerlifter.

Additionally, I absolutely love the Iso-Lateral High Row machine. It hits my back like nothing else does, it's amazing. It's like combining a pullup with a bent over row, and I feel it getting just everything in my back.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
So was this just a general discussion thread on Hammer Strength Machines or are you asking a question of some sort?

Frankly it's nice to use those machines on a deload, even if you are a powerlifter.

Additionally, I absolutely love the Iso-Lateral High Row machine. It hits my back like nothing else does, it's amazing. It's like combining a pullup with a bent over row, and I feel it getting just everything in my back.
It was a question and I was also wondering what other ppl such as yourself think about it. I was curious about other peoples opinions because everytime I read forums on them and they all sound like dumb powerlifters who care about how much they lift rather than looking good

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was a question and I was also wondering what other ppl such as yourself think about it. I was curious about other peoples opinions because everytime I read forums on them and they all sound like dumb powerlifters who care about how much they lift rather than looking good
Dumb powerlifters? Why are they dumb? Is it because they care more about strength vs. looking "pretty".

I sense a tone that suggest it is impossible to have strength and be aesthetically appealing and this is FAR from impossible. Take a look at almost any Olympic athlete. And powerlifters arent the only ones who avoid those machines, a majority of athletes avoid them as well

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Dumb was a bad choice of words. What I mean is that everytime a Hammer Strength discussion appears it's always bombarded with a one sided opinion I wanted to hear what Bodybuilders thought aboutthe machine because yes you need to lift heavy to get big but in Bodybuilding it's more to it than the weight. It's about isolation and such and IMO hammer strengths supply that. I just wanted to hear what Bodybuilders think. Bodybuilding is about Aesthetics NOT looking pretty. But good one

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
im pretty and i PL, whats up

use em at the end of your lift when stabilizers are shot

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i will use them one week out of two months.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use them on and off, they are helpful both from the not needing a spotter perspective as well as removing stabilizers like geekpoop says. Tend to be best after you are done with all your db or bb exercises

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
My old gym had primarily Hammer Strength machines as opposed to conventional cable machines. I used them every once in a while, and must say that I enjoyed the pump I would get from them. Also found them to be built much better than most cable machines, and had better ROM. I say go for it...cant replace the real deal, but nothing wrong with a Hammer Strength machine IMO.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Finally! Some open minded people lol. Sounds good guys i'll take everyones advice into consideration for next week cuz I already did my aformentioned chest workout I wrote in the beginning

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
in terms of machines I would use them above any of the standard fixed motion ones my gym has. I do not use them all the time, but they certainly have their place.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
they're nice with moderate weight where u can focus on muscle contraction and dialing in certain muscles. But they can't replace the BB. I agree with what EasyEJL said, that they're nice after doing dbs and bb workouts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
riseabove5 Training Forum 4
AaronJP1 Training Forum 25
mixedup Training Forum 11
Dutchman 35 and Older 10
CyberMuscle Training Forum 27