10.9% to 7% in 30 days

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
I was 13% body fat before, I've cut down to 10.9% according to fat calipers.. 10.9% isn't a bad number realistically, but it's fairly high for trying to look cut. I need to get down to 7% by the 2nd week of september. My current stats are 5'11, 160lbs, 10.9% body fat.. My diet looks like 2000 calories, 200g protein, 180g carbs (sometimes less depending on how full I feel), and 40g natural fats. I've been eating as lean as possible for two weeks now; things like eggs, rye bread, lettuce, spinach, fish, sardines, tuna, protein shakes that have 33g of protein for 2 scoops and zero carbs and fat. I also take alpha t2 and oxy elite pro stack. So my diet LOOKS good and supplements look good even though supplements aren't nessicary but I choose it anyway.

My question is cardio. There's alot of speculation whether I should do 3-4 sessions of 30minutes of a good jog where my heart rate is like 85% of max.. Or if I should do HIIT for 15minutes for 2 days, you know? Stuff like that. I lift weights for strength and after every workout I have 2 scoops of protein powder which is about 66g protein, no fat or carbs, then go home and make a tuna sandwich or something lean. Note that I am completely dedicated to the gym, I can go 7 days a week because it is open 24/7 and I will work around my work schedule. I will Also, I take 3 fish oil caps a day aswell as 2 multivitamins. I don't think that information was nessicary but atleast you know lol. It's august 8th and I'd like to cut down to 7% by September 8th or so.

This will be the final forum post I make asking for cutting advice because today I put all of them into effect, I am just posting this before I go to the gym.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I like HIIT because it often helps keep the muscle you earned while you were bulking. And also it's quick! But don't do the same type of cardio IMO switch it up keep your body guessing

colange2

Awards
What are you cutting for? Just to get lean as possible before you bulk? I agree 100% on the HIIT though, sprinting is great for staying lean and mean.

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
What are you cutting for? Just to get lean as possible before you bulk? I agree 100% on the HIIT though, sprinting is great for staying lean and mean.
I'm at about 10.9% body fat, i want 7% because 7 is really lean, so once I get to 7, i want to do a clean and lean bulk to 185lbs and stay at 7%

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4% in a month is very unrealistic; just tossing it out there.

That being said, just eat clean and go balls out in the gym. Good luck.

colange2

Awards
I'm at about 10.9% body fat, i want 7% because 7 is really lean, so once I get to 7, i want to do a clean and lean bulk to 185lbs and stay at 7%
Yeah I would also say to just eat clean and lift hard from where you're at right now...If you start to do a lean bulk and try to stay at 7%, you are gonna gain pretty darn slow (If you gain at all) and you will drive yourself crazy trying to manage your calories that closely.

colange2

Awards
Another thing that was just mentioned to me today which really gets overlooked is the fact that your body fat % is just a number...what do you actually think of yourself when you look in the mirror? If you think you look good, then why does 7% vs 10.9% really make a difference?

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
Another thing that was just mentioned to me today which really gets overlooked is the fact that your body fat % is just a number...what do you actually think of yourself when you look in the mirror? If you think you look good, then why does 7% vs 10.9% really make a difference?
I'm not happy with my abs, thats why I want to cut down more, then I'll be happy in the mirror

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
4% in a month is very unrealistic; just tossing it out there.

That being said, just eat clean and go balls out in the gym. Good luck.
Yeah I know 4% is a big number, but even if I got down to 8%bf or even 8-9%, that's still an accomplishment that makes me one step closer to my ultimate goal.. Today I discussed my goals with someone who works at the gym, we decided that I'm going to do 3 sets of 12-15, then one set heavy weight 6 to failure... At the beginning of the workout, 20minutes of HIIT cardio training, and I will also be carb cycling for 12 days, then maybe followed by an additional 6-12 days after that depending on stats and how I feel/look.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I know 4% is a big number, but even if I got down to 8%bf or even 8-9%, that's still an accomplishment that makes me one step closer to my ultimate goal.. Today I discussed my goals with someone who works at the gym, we decided that I'm going to do 3 sets of 12-15, then one set heavy weight 6 to failure... At the beginning of the workout, 20minutes of HIIT cardio training, and I will also be carb cycling for 12 days, then maybe followed by an additional 6-12 days after that depending on stats and how I feel/look.
Carb cycling is good; I've always enjoyed it.

I wouldn't do a 20 minute HIIT session at the beginning of my workout if I planned on lifting after, though. Other than light warming up on cardio if you find that necessary (I don't), save the HIIT for after the workout if you're doing them together or completely separate them (different days or different times of day).

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You would have to lose 7 pounds of pure fat...

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It can be done but most will not do what it takes. I for one know my wife wont let me go to the gym longer then an hour so I couldn't do it again. Before I was around 18% and biked 16 miles a day to and from work and hit the gym on lunch breaks. Doing this I got below 10% in less then three weeks, I think I took a little clen also tho and my diet was perfect.

ih8uselessppl

ih8uselessppl

Awards
You would have to lose 7 pounds of pure fat...
Correct.. I would have to lose 7lbs of fat. Time keep going on and I'm still at 10.9% dispute my HIIT runs and dieting so it looks by half way September isn't happening to get to 7%.. but I am completely dedicated to the gym and dieting, I am trying my best.. I'm on my 4th day of carb cycling I'm gonna see where im at after this

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
sounds like some crazy clen/t3 keto stuff needs to go down to get this goal

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I mean 20% to 16% is a very possible 4 point jump in a months but youre playing into what under normal conditions below 10%... that takes a lot more work.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I mean 20% to 16% is a very possible 4 point jump in a months but youre playing into what under normal conditions below 10%... that takes a lot more work.
Yup. The lower you get the more work it takes to burn off more. That's why we have training theories such as dropsets, pause sets, supersets.. Always need to increase the intensity some how as you progress

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
It can be done but most will not do what it takes. I for one know my wife wont let me go to the gym longer then an hour so I couldn't do it again. Before I was around 18% and biked 16 miles a day to and from work and hit the gym on lunch breaks. Doing this I got below 10% in less then three weeks, I think I took a little clen also tho and my diet was perfect.
That really sux about a time restriction. I can understand her frustration if you spent 2 hours a day 7 days a week. But i think it would be completly justified having 3 longer sessions (90 mins) a week. If you are like me and only have 3 sessions a week id be asking for more time so you can get weights and cardio in.

When i get my back better im going to be running at work at lunch and then again after my weights sessions. Doing somthing at work is a real time saver.