Bicep Peak HELP

TangoCharlie

Awards
Tried everything, so it just genetics why I can't develop more peak to my bis? I'm all size on inner head and tricep but barely any peak on outer head. I've tried heavy sets with low reps and most recently started more reps and less weight and getting amazing pumps that last all day, just can't seem to change shape. Currently bulking

And any advantage trying to really isolate bis while on cycle vs training natural? Wondering if hitting my bis hard and eating huge on cycle will do anything to the outer head, or just continue to grow inner head and tris like normal, but just a lot faster

5-11
12%
Basic exp w/ AS, on HRT, never-ending bulk
Goal: Mass/Strength

Tboz

Banned
Awards
eatn will not grow outer head.. Make sure you are doing Hammer curls. Strict and correctly.This will develop outer head.. Use good form and moderat weight for arms. 10-15 resps!

Incline curls for Peak of Bis. Vary the height of the bench and make sure you do them correctly and with proper form

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
try squatting more....

i had a buddy who pumped his bis every other day with light weight to "feed" them

example

20lb db curl x 20-30 reps
20lb db hammer curl x 20-30 reps

every other day... and of course a day with some extra bi work in there

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Tried everything, so it just genetics why I can't develop more peak to my bis? I'm all size on inner head and tricep but barely any peak on outer head. I've tried heavy sets with low reps and most recently started more reps and less weight and getting amazing pumps that last all day, just can't seem to change shape. Currently bulking

And any advantage trying to really isolate bis while on cycle vs training natural? Wondering if hitting my bis hard and eating huge on cycle will do anything to the outer head, or just continue to grow inner head and tris like normal, but just a lot faster

5-11
12%
Basic exp w/ AS, on HRT, never-ending bulk
Goal: Mass/Strength
Unfortunately genetics is the main factor in bicep peak I have the opposite problem Large peaked outer head inner head not as big. To hit the outer head go narrow, this opposite grip idea works well for most two headed muscle groups, inside grip hits outer head outside grip hits inner head. Do incline bench curls as tboz suggested but when you bring the dumb bell up bring it to the inside. The hammer curls will help give you the appearance of a peak because it works the brachialis, a muscle that lies outside and underneath the bicep, develop it and it'll push your bicep up in the middle, giving the appearance of peak. I have pics up under "1'st pic post" take a look at my bicep shape I am all peak I'd like a little more volume at rest. We always want what we haven't got lol. Oh I don't think steroids will help you out as it will probably just increase the imbalance but some igf injected into the small head just might. I've never used it but my online research leads me to believe it'll work. Hope that helps. Oh FYI suffered a complete rupture of my left bicep tendon and had to have it surgically reattached 2 years ago, Its a little smaller than the right but bet if I hadn't told ya' you wouldn't have noticed

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
overhand wide grip on the EZ-curl bar.

pero

Awards
genetics do have an extensive role in the shape of the muscle, however, as far as biceps peak goes, u actually need to (over)develop your brachialis.
as for the outer head of the biceps - do steep (vertical bench - the other side of the scott bench) preacher curls, best with an EZ bar, wide grip (lose the grip of the thumbs, too - get them under the bar or point them in the air) and elbows in (narrow positon). do 2seconds iso-holds an inch short of the end position in the positive rep (peak contraction). u can also do partial reps from the bottom to 90degree angle at the end of a set.
another cool movement, that can contribute to the peak, is a zottman curl variation - do a standard seated db curl.,with both arms simultaniuosly, then at the top, twist the db (anti-supinate postition), hold for 1 sec, twist it back and curl down.
and the last thing - watch your palms during curling - if they are turned towards you, as if u were doing a wrist curl, you're not doing it properly. **** your wrists a bit downwards and grip the bar/db rather with the fingers. that way you'll prevent forearms from taking over the work during curls