Supplements, Nutrition, and Lifting

1. Registered User
    Answers

Supplements, Nutrition, and Lifting

I am currently 16 years old and have been lifting for 3 years through my school weight room. I have never been super into it or fully dedicated to it. I am currently in the summer strength and conditioning program. What i want to accomplish from all of this is that i want to lose fat, and gain muscle. I weigh 180 and am around 5' 10". My body fat percentage is right around 15% and it used to be around 11%. I would like to lower that by as much as i can. I also hope to get stronger in my upper body. My legs are stronger than most of the other guys in my grade but when it comes to bench press I fall behind some. It was the same thing for my dad. I am hoping to be successful in football this year playing Safety and Wide Receiver. I currently have not been taking any supplements but i just ran to GNC the other day and asked what they recommended for a post work out supplement. The guy pointed me to AfterGlow by BioRhythm and i got a small container of that. I work out 4 times a week in this program i am in. Then i have football practice (7 on 7) 5 days a week on top of that.

Monday we do Bench Press (Main), Parallel Squat (Main), Lunge Walk, Dips, and Straight Leg Dead Lift (a stretch).

Tuesday is a running and speed day. It really depeneds on what the coaches want to do but we do some type of running followed by a ab/core workout.

Wednesday is another lifting day. Power Clean (Main), Hex Bar Dead Lift (Main), Incline Bench Press, Shoulder Press, Pull Ups

Thursday is a 2 hour session day where you run and do core for an hour and then you lift for an hour. We do Box Squat (Main), Towel Bench Press (Main), Glute Ham Raise, and Biceps.

The sets for the main lifts change every week. Weeks 1 - 4 is as follows, 3x3, 5x5, 5-4-3-2-1, 10-8-6 and then it's repeated for weeks 5-8. We are about to start week 5. All the other lifts we call auxiliary lifts and the sets are always 2x10. The way it works is if the reps stay the same the weight stays the same. If the reps go up the weight goes up.

This is all i do every week plus the football but that isn't anything like conditioning or getting in shape. It's getting back into the groove of everything if you know what i mean.

So my main question with this is what else could i be doing to get in shape and lose that fat? I am faster for my size but only in sprints. I do not have the ability to run long distance well and when we run sprints one after the other i get slower and slower. So i guess that would be my stamina. What could i do to improve that aspect? Does my work out look well planned out or are their flaws in it?

Now onto the supplements and nutrition part. I am wondering what all should i be looking to get as in supplements now that you know my goals. I want to build muscle and lose fat. Will AfterGlow all by itself be enough for me? Should i just be taking it after my workouts or should i be taking it on off days too? After this container is gone should i look for something else? What all do i need as in supplements?

The nutrition piece of it. What should my calorie intake be per day and is it important to track that? If so how is the best of way of doing so? How much water should i be drinking a day? I find myself around lunch time eating lots of frozen pizza and whenever at a restaurant i get a bacon cheeseburger. Are there any good substitutions i could make for lunch meals that are easy and quick to make? How many meals per day should i eat? Are there any foods i should be staying away from?

Any of this that can be answered or anyone that can help me with any of this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
    ~DanOpi

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

Diet: 3,500 cals a day minimally. Clean food, not fast food and junk food.Supplements: protein...and then some more protein..annndd more protein. Afterglow is good shyt, however its expensive. If your rents are buying it or you have money to throw around its worth it. A preworkout such as jack3d, 1mr, or superpump might be helpful for energy during workouts. First and most importantly though PROTEIN. With the amount of training you're doing if you eat clean I cant see you not getting stronger and leaner. Don't worry so much about your bench numbers, concentrate on good form not weight. Your squat, clean, and deadlift are far more important for football.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanOpi View Post
    I am currently 16 years old and have been lifting for 3 years through my school weight room. I have never been super into it or fully dedicated to it. I am currently in the summer strength and conditioning program. What i want to accomplish from all of this is that i want to lose fat, and gain muscle. I weigh 180 and am around 5' 10". My body fat percentage is right around 15% and it used to be around 11%. I would like to lower that by as much as i can. I also hope to get stronger in my upper body. My legs are stronger than most of the other guys in my grade but when it comes to bench press I fall behind some. It was the same thing for my dad. I am hoping to be successful in football this year playing Safety and Wide Receiver. I currently have not been taking any supplements but i just ran to GNC the other day and asked what they recommended for a post work out supplement. The guy pointed me to AfterGlow by BioRhythm and i got a small container of that. I work out 4 times a week in this program i am in. Then i have football practice (7 on 7) 5 days a week on top of that. Monday we do Bench Press (Main), Parallel Squat (Main), Lunge Walk, Dips, and Straight Leg Dead Lift (a stretch). Tuesday is a running and speed day. It really depeneds on what the coaches want to do but we do some type of running followed by a ab/core workout. Wednesday is another lifting day. Power Clean (Main), Hex Bar Dead Lift (Main), Incline Bench Press, Shoulder Press, Pull UpsThursday is a 2 hour session day where you run and do core for an hour and then you lift for an hour. We do Box Squat (Main), Towel Bench Press (Main), Glute Ham Raise, and Biceps.The sets for the main lifts change every week. Weeks 1 - 4 is as follows, 3x3, 5x5, 5-4-3-2-1, 10-8-6 and then it's repeated for weeks 5-8. We are about to start week 5. All the other lifts we call auxiliary lifts and the sets are always 2x10. The way it works is if the reps stay the same the weight stays the same. If the reps go up the weight goes up. This is all i do every week plus the football but that isn't anything like conditioning or getting in shape. It's getting back into the groove of everything if you know what i mean.So my main question with this is what else could i be doing to get in shape and lose that fat? I am faster for my size but only in sprints. I do not have the ability to run long distance well and when we run sprints one after the other i get slower and slower. So i guess that would be my stamina. What could i do to improve that aspect? Does my work out look well planned out or are their flaws in it?Now onto the supplements and nutrition part. I am wondering what all should i be looking to get as in supplements now that you know my goals. I want to build muscle and lose fat. Will AfterGlow all by itself be enough for me? Should i just be taking it after my workouts or should i be taking it on off days too? After this container is gone should i look for something else? What all do i need as in supplements?The nutrition piece of it. What should my calorie intake be per day and is it important to track that? If so how is the best of way of doing so? How much water should i be drinking a day? I find myself around lunch time eating lots of frozen pizza and whenever at a restaurant i get a bacon cheeseburger. Are there any good substitutions i could make for lunch meals that are easy and quick to make? How many meals per day should i eat? Are there any foods i should be staying away from?Any of this that can be answered or anyone that can help me with any of this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!~DanOpi
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Yea, squats are especially best for football, especially if you play safety, when you hit, push into that mother****er with your legs, the best hitters in the NFL usually have the strongest legs. Calories like ole' boy said above, NO junkfood, cut out pasta's, breads, ANY sweets. Eat a **** load of protein. Get a good protein powder if you have to.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Okay, firstly thank you for the responses! I appreciate it!

And i have been told recently to drop the AfterGlow and get Whey Protein, Creatine, and a Multi Vitamin with Fish Oil. Would that do me better or about the same? And also i read a post on how to determine my intake for the day and i came out with numbers like this.

Calories: 3364
    Protein: 229.5 g
    Fat: 163.3 g
    Carbs: 153.09 g

I know my calories seem low but i guess it makes sense since i'll be gaining weight and mass that i need more calories. So as for the supplements should i get new stuff, get nothing new, or get some stuff new to add in? And luckily my squat is my best lift. I put up 290 on my 3x3 yesterday. Probably not a lot to you guys but for me i was happy with it! And so we squat, Hexbar deadlift, and Power clean, Is hexbar deadlift the same as a regular deadlift? And is a Power clean the same a clean? Sorry if those are obvious questions but i just want to make sure i'm doing everything right and everything i can.

As for the eating part, should i put together meal plans? Or how do you guys go about tracking your intake? I always have a problem finding clean foods to eat, is there a list somewhere or a list of good meals that someone trying to eat clean can look at? I just don't know what to look for when told to eat clean?

Thank you very much for the help!

~DanOpi
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

Whey, creatine, fish oil, and a multi sounds like a good plan. Your macro breakdown doesnt look too bad, I would up the protein to 270 or 1.5x your bodyweight. 290 for good 3x3 reps is respectable, I see a lot of people in gyms with 405 on the bar but only doing quarter squats. Power clean is from the floor, regular cleans or hang cleans are from the knee.
    About the eating...well here is a list of good foods you could try eating, just a very basic, generic list.

Carbs:
    Brown rice, oatmeal, fruits, barilla protein plus pasta
    Protein:
    Chicken, beef, tuna, salmon, milk
    Fats:
    Peanut butter, mixed nuts, olive oil
    Preparing your meals the night before, or even a week in advance is an easy way to know you are getting exactly how many calories you need. For example everyday I have:
    75gram protein shake in the morning with 20 oz of 2% milk 750 cals
    2 healthy choice meals 500-700 cals
    50 gram protein shake mid afternoon 300 cals
    1 voila pre cooked frozen meal (im lazy, my woman isnt around right now). These are actually pretty healthy dependig on which one you get. Garlic chicken and garlic shrimp usually. 680-800 cals
    50 gram protein shake 300 cals
    50 gram protein shake pre bed 300 cals
    2830-3150 calories..give or take an extra couple hundred.

Just remember, nothing comes over night. You can reach your goals and change your boey composition, you just have to stick with it. I compare lifting and training to a marathon not a race.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

So i think i'm going to finish with this AfterGlow stuff then switch over to my whey, creatine, and multi v. Or should i get that stuff now too? And do you guys have any good recommendations on brands or what's good to get in those supplements? Also where to buy them?

And are power cleans better than regular cleans? Should i continue to do them? I'm not sure a coach would let me switch anyway so i'd have to do them on top of power cleans.

So do you use a journal or a website to track your macro breakdown? And what about eggs? They would go under protein correct? And how precise do i need to be with my calories and such? Most food labels will have the nutrition facts on them so i can figure out on there. So if i'm going for lets say 3,600 calories a day, maybe make sure i hit 3,300 and that extra 300 is if i get hungry or want something that's not on my meal plan? Or should my meal plan fill everything in?

Thanks for the help!

Oh and also, how much water should i be drinking a day? 4-5 liters?

Thanks!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

I don't have a lot of time to input but here's a few nutritional supplements I'd recommend...

Vitamin C (Take 500mg tabs with your meals, I'd shoot for 3000mg a day)
    B Vitamins (Like a Super B Complex)
    Fish Oil
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

Dont worry about the cleans, more or extra isnt always a good thing. A protein powder I like is lg sciences lipotropic and optimum nutrition gold standard. Both are good. Buy online, supplement stores like gnc charge way too much. I like www. T f s u p p l e m e n t s.com as well as www.nutraplanet.com. for tracking macros I dont use a log anymore, have in the past but i generally eat the same foods 95% of the time now. A cheat meal a week is ok too btw..every saturday i have one..it usually involves about 2,000 calories of mcdonalds . If you want to track your calories you can go to fitday.com or livestrong.com they both have nutrition trackers..hell i think this website does too! If you have a smartphone there are nutrition tracking apps as well. Keep water high..gallon a day at least. At first doing all this seems like so much stuff, and itis..however it will quickly become a great habit.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero View Post
    I don't have a lot of time to input but here's a few nutritional supplements I'd recommend...

Vitamin C (Take 500mg tabs with your meals, I'd shoot for 3000mg a day)
    B Vitamins (Like a Super B Complex)
    Fish Oil
    Would you replace the multi vitamin with these or do you think i could get all of this in one vitamin? Thanks for the response.

And i think i may go with the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard for protein. I've heard other people recommend it too. What would you look for as creatine goes? Isn't the kind i was called Mono hydrate or something? Any brand recommendations? And same with a vitamin? Also i should start these 3 supplements after i'm done with my AfterGlow correct? Not on top of the AfterGlow?

And i'm look at FitDay right now and am looking into how to use it and such!

"Preparing your meals the night before, or even a week in advance is an easy way to know you are getting exactly how many calories you need. For example everyday I have:
    75gram protein shake in the morning with 20 oz of 2% milk 750 cals
    2 healthy choice meals 500-700 cals
    50 gram protein shake mid afternoon 300 cals
    1 voila pre cooked frozen meal (im lazy, my woman isnt around right now). These are actually pretty healthy dependig on which one you get. Garlic chicken and garlic shrimp usually. 680-800 cals
    50 gram protein shake 300 cals
    50 gram protein shake pre bed 300 cals
    2830-3150 calories..give or take an extra couple hundred."

So i'm thinking i'd be best off with getting Healthy Choice meals also because they're easy to make and if you use them i suspect they are considered healthy and clean food. The same with Voila Pre Cook Frozen Meals. I imagine they're just at the local grocery store and i will pick some up. Any of them are considered good?

Thanks a lot guys!
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Yeah i went on FitDay and entered my food for today and it's not even close to where i need to be! But then again i haven't gotten any clean food or made meal plans yet.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  67.1 KB
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah they are pretty healthy..and nice if you dont feel like cooking lots or preparing meals way in advance. Cals are low! But now you know where you are at! You def cant go wrong with the gold standard protein, i would just get a cheap multi (adam, centrum), fish oil as a guy said earlier is always good as well. All in all though if you dont have a lot of money for supplements its all about nutrition. Keep up with the fitday, and eat!
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Okay thanks for the feedback! I have been looking and i think i found what i will get when i get them but i just want to make sure it's all quality stuff and will work fine together! And i should just take these supplements after the AfterGlow, or should i get them now and take it with the AfterGlow?

Protein: Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard Whey
    Creatine: AllMax Nutrition's Micronized Creatine Monohydrate
    Multi V: ADAM (Does this have the fish oil in it and if not should i add something like SmartBlend?)

Thanks much!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe View Post
    every saturday i have one..it usually involves about 2,000 calories of mcdonalds .
    McDonalds is ****ing awesome! Quarter Pounders are the ****. McDouble's are good as hell too.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

No problem buddy, thats what these forums are for! To help and educate each other. Take the creatine pre workout..an hr or so with a lot of water. After glow right after, and throw in the protein whenever you feel fit, shake with breakfast, shake before bed, really anytime. Multi in the morning. Afterglow really is good stuff, but it is expensive. If you can afford it i would keep it in your supplement arsenal. Its not essential by any means however. To prevent injuries through football season and your training look up a few things if you would like..hip mobility, shoulder mobility, prehab, dynamic warm ups, as well as rotator cuff exercises.
    Okay thanks for the feedback! I have been looking and i think i found what i will get when i get them but i just want to make sure it's all quality stuff and will work fine together! And i should just take these supplements after the AfterGlow, or should i get them now and take it with the AfterGlow?Protein: Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard WheyCreatine: AllMax Nutrition's Micronized Creatine MonohydrateMulti V: ADAM (Does this have the fish oil in it and if not should i add something like SmartBlend?)Thanks much!
  15. Registered User
    Answers

It would be hard to take the creatine an hour before my workout because i go in to the weight room at 7 o clock. I wake up and eat some fruit and go. Is this bad that i lift so early and aren't totally awake yet? I've been wondering that recently. There are sessions hourly, (7,8,9,10,11,12). I like to go to the earliest one just to get it done with. And like you said with the AfterGlow, it's expensive and i'm not paying for the stuff and i don't want to make my parents spend that much on it each time i need new stuff. It was like $55 for the smaller container. Is there anything like it that does the same thing or that i can take as a post workout shake that is cheaper? Or should i just stick with my protein, creatine, and multi vitamin? And i'm confused about the multi vitamin and fish oil. Are those 2 separate pills? Or is the fish oil in the Multi Vitamin? Do those brands i named sound good and reliable? And with the protein shakes, are there flavors to stay away from? I used to have AMP Supplement before and i thought it was disgusting. It was chocolate but i hear lots of people like the cookies and cream. So what i was thinking, I take my AfterGlow after my workout and throw the creatine in there with it and then take the multi vitamin with it then. Then have a shake or two throughout the day and then the Protein shake will take the place of the AfterGlow once it's gone?

Thanks!

Also reading back on the posts, you mentioned a Pre Workout Supplement, would this still be needed or help in my situation?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

You need more carbs then 159 grams, and probably less fat than 160g. Football is anaerobic, and if your carbs are too low your performance during conditioning runs will be decreased. 3500 calories look about right. I would estimate around 200g protein, 400g cho, and 120g fats.

I personally don't think you need a pre-workout supplement - definetly not anything that contains stimulants. If you had a bad night sleep, drink a cup of coffee. A good meal an hour or two prior to training/practice will serve you much better than any stimulant based pre-workout supplement.

Further on with the supplements: A multivatamin, fish oil, extra B complex, C, E and zinc/magnesium would be a good choice. I'm assuming you get plenty of sun during the summer, but come fall you should also supplement with D.

Training: Bench press is the least correlated lift to football performance. The only reason it's even in the NFL combine is because its something the masses can relate to. Your power clean, vertical jump, and agility tests will translate into far better performance on the field.

To improve conditioning look into shuttle running. 120 and 300 yard anaerobic shuttles are great ways to improve conditioning. For the 120 you run to the 30 and back twice. Use 30-45 seconds rest between each. For the 300's its to 50 and back 3 times. 1-2 minutes rest inbetween.

You also got some good advice from bigkrabbe = work on your shoulder/hip mobility.

Br
  17. Registered User
    Answers

So it looks something like this now:

Calories: 3,500
    Protein: 200 g
    Fat: 120 g
    Cho: 400 g
    Carbs: 175? What would you recommend?

And i lift right away in the morning so when i lift and work out i don't have an hour or two before hand so it works out that i don't need a pre workout shake or anything.

As for the Multi, do you know of one that includes all of that? Does ADAM?

And for the shuttle runs, how many would you do of each and how often?

Thanks for the help!
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Okay so i went grocery shopping today and got some things to try. I got a few Healthy Choice Meals and i already ate 1, i had the Portabella Marsala Pasta which was pretty good. I was wondering if Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice meals are comparable in healthiness. I also got 93/7 Ground Beef. Is that lean enough and is it healthy? I was thinking i would cook that and keep it in the refridge so whenever i needed it i wouldn't have to cook it. The same thing the with PLUS pasta. I was to make a meal with the beef and pasta together along with carrots and celery. Would it work to cook it one night and then just keep it refrigerated?

Thanks guys!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

CHO is carbohydrates. So around 400 grams.

Those meals are ok, at best.

Get some real food, there are a ton of recipe ideas on here. The pasta dish is a good idea.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Okay i printed off a few of those recipes and i tried my own pasta idea minus the carrots and celery. I used a whole box of the PLUS pasta along with 1lb of Ground Beef. I figured out how much each thing had in it, (1 Serving Size x Total number of Serving Sizes). I then added the totals together and got the nutrients and calories for the whole mix of beef and pasta. I then divided the pasta/beef mixture into 3 equal parts and then i divided the total by 3 to get how much each serving i made had in it. Is this the correct way to do it? I wasn't sure and i hope i did it right! Took me a few minutes to figure out. So i have 3 meals with these, pretty big size of how much there is in each one. I'm eating one now and this is what it has in it, (If i did it right)

Calories: 717
    Calories from Fat: 140
    Total Fat: 15 g
    Cholesterol: 120 mg
    Sodium: 152 mg
    Carbs: 89 g
    Dietary Fiber: 9 g
    Protein: 54 g

Does that sound about right? Is this a good idea and meal that i should continue? It doesn't really taste like much so i don't know how i could spice it up. Any recipe recommendations? Should i stop getting the Healthy Choice Meals if they're only okay? Thanks for all the input!
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  64.3 KB

I'm still lacking in everything! I think the protein shakes may help but that still wouldn't get me all the way there! Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Use more vegetables, fresh herbs and garlic, and strong cheeses to add flavor to your foods.

Is that all you ate the entire day?

Throw some sandwhiches in there, some greek yogurt, and look at other peoples nutrition in the forum and see what they are doing for dieas.

Br
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Yes it is all i ate the entire day, and i know we have some Chobani Yogurt, is that Greek yogurt? And i've found a few recipes on here that i printed off and will try also! Thanks for the help!
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Name:  7-29-11.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  101.8 KB
    This is what i had yesterday. Still not there but it's getting better each day i think!

Okay so i've had some troubles with FitDay and so i found there computer program so it's not online now so i can use it whenever without trouble! And i've been looking for supplements and on NutraPlanet i couldn't find the creatine i wanted. It's called AllMax Nutrition's Micronized Creatine Monohydrate. And i want to make sure that this would all work and help me out before i buy it so this is what i'm thinking.

Protein: Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard Whey (5 lb Try Cookies and Cream)
    Creatine: AllMax Nutrition's Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (1000 g, If i can't get it on NutraPlanet i may go to bodybuilding.com or if someone else recommends a different brand to me)
    Multi V: Orange Triad or ADAM? I can't decide!

Also what can i expect to pay for all of this? On Bodybuilding.com the total with shipping was 97.95. (This is with NOW ADAM 180 SoftGels)

Can anyone recommend anything else to me? Food suggestions? I didn't do anything today as i didn't have lifting or football. Should i be running or anything or should i just take Saturdays as an off day? I feel as though i'm eating more but my abs and core is getting more defined! I don't have as many rolls when i'm slouched or sitting down. I also feel as though my biceps and triceps are getting bigger. The only side effect i have is i'm having some head aches but i think it's just cause i'm not getting in enough water. Thanks for the help guys! p.s. I'm making Turkey Meatloaf and Turkey Powerballs soon.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

Name:  7-29-11.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  101.8 KBThis is what i had yesterday. Still not there but it's getting better each day i think!Okay so i've had some troubles with FitDay and so i found there computer program so it's not online now so i can use it whenever without trouble! And i've been looking for supplements and on NutraPlanet i couldn't find the creatine i wanted. It's called AllMax Nutrition's Micronized Creatine Monohydrate. And i want to make sure that this would all work and help me out before i buy it so this is what i'm thinking. Protein: Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard Whey (5 lb Try Cookies and Cream)Creatine: AllMax Nutrition's Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (1000 g, If i can't get it on NutraPlanet i may go to bodybuilding.com or if someone else recommends a different brand to me)Multi V: Orange Triad or ADAM? I can't decide! Also what can i expect to pay for all of this? On Bodybuilding.com the total with shipping was 97.95. (This is with NOW ADAM 180 SoftGels) Can anyone recommend anything else to me? Food suggestions? I didn't do anything today as i didn't have lifting or football. Should i be running or anything or should i just take Saturdays as an off day? I feel as though i'm eating more but my abs and core is getting more defined! I don't have as many rolls when i'm slouched or sitting down. I also feel as though my biceps and triceps are getting bigger. The only side effect i have is i'm having some head aches but i think it's just cause i'm not getting in enough water. Thanks for the help guys! p.s. I'm making Turkey Meatloaf and Turkey Powerballs soon.
    Turkey meatloaf sounds goood. About the creatine, any creatine monohydrate should be legit..lol I buy whatever is cheapest to be honest. For added calories try milk man! A quart of chocolate milk a day depending on the brand adds 600-800 calories and some more protein as well! It is cheap and great for recovery. Take saturday as an off day..rest is just as important as training to reach your fitness goals and stay injury free. Good to hear you are seeing some changes in yourself, its nice eh??
  26. Registered User
    Answers

So really if i were to go on NutraPlanet and look at the reviews or best sellers for the cheapest Creatine i could find it would do me well? I found Creatine Monohydrate, NutraPlanet's Creatine for 10 bucks for 500 grams. That would do the same as a more known creatine? And does the same go for Whey Protein too? I can't decide if i want to save 15 dollars and buy NutraPlanets Whey protein or buy Optimum Nutritions. And i decided i'd go with the ADAM multi-v. So on NutraPlanet, getting NutraPlanet's Whey Protein (5 lb Frost Milk Chocolate), and their Creatine Monohydrate (500 grams), ADAM Multi-V (90 caps) would come out to be $58. I think that sounds pretty good but you guys know best so let me know!

And yes it is very nice to see changes! I don't understand why i'd be getting more cut or defined when i'm actually more than i usually do? Is it because the food i'm eating is healthy? Also i've been seeing lots of people talk about cuts and bulks. I imagine what i am on is a bulk? I will also try the chocolate milk! Thanks for the help guys!
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Checked my weight and body fat % the other day. I lost a few pounds and am at 171.5 and my body fat dropped from 15.4 to 12.4. So i'm happy that my body fat dropped but i don't think it's a good thing that my weight dropped. Am i correct? And if so i just have to keep eating and get those numbers up there to gain weight?

Thanks much!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

How much weight did you lose? Up your calories!!! Up that protein!!! Unless you want to lose weight, but that seems disadvantageous for football.
  29. Registered User
    Answers

Well at the beginning of summer i was anywhere from 180-185 and then once i started this Strength and Conditioning program i dropped to 175 the first week and i've been around that since and now with all the hot weather and the amount i sweat and work at football i think i've lost weight there. I"m at 171 now. So right around 4 or 5 pounds since i started eating like this but i think it may just be from football. And i want to get my creatine and protein and multi v to help out with my protein and calories but i'm not sure if what i'm looking at getting is good! I haven't gotten feed back yet. I posted about it earlier, but here it is again:

"So really if i were to go on NutraPlanet and look at the reviews or best sellers for the cheapest Creatine i could find it would do me well? I found Creatine Monohydrate, NutraPlanet's Creatine for 10 bucks for 500 grams. That would do the same as a more known creatine? And does the same go for Whey Protein too? I can't decide if i want to save 15 dollars and buy NutraPlanets Whey protein or buy Optimum Nutritions. And i decided i'd go with the ADAM multi-v. So on NutraPlanet, getting NutraPlanet's Whey Protein (5 lb Frost Milk Chocolate), and their Creatine Monohydrate (500 grams), ADAM Multi-V (90 caps) would come out to be $58. I think that sounds pretty good but you guys know best so let me know!

And yes it is very nice to see changes! I don't understand why i'd be getting more cut or defined when i'm actually more than i usually do? Is it because the food i'm eating is healthy? Also i've been seeing lots of people talk about cuts and bulks. I imagine what i am on is a bulk? I will also try the chocolate milk! Thanks for the help guys!"

Thanks for the feedback!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

Your supplement order sounds fine bud. I would just get the cheapest creatine they got. If you are getting stronger and leaner thats a good thing, but up those calories more. 3,000 minimum for the amount of training you are doin. Yes what you should be on is a lean bulk or really just bulk unless you are 100% against not having ripped abs lol. Throw in a quart of chocolate milk everyday man!! Its a great way to add cals.
    Well at the beginning of summer i was anywhere from 180-185 and then once i started this Strength and Conditioning program i dropped to 175 the first week and i've been around that since and now with all the hot weather and the amount i sweat and work at football i think i've lost weight there. I"m at 171 now. So right around 4 or 5 pounds since i started eating like this but i think it may just be from football. And i want to get my creatine and protein and multi v to help out with my protein and calories but i'm not sure if what i'm looking at getting is good! I haven't gotten feed back yet. I posted about it earlier, but here it is again: "So really if i were to go on NutraPlanet and look at the reviews or best sellers for the cheapest Creatine i could find it would do me well? I found Creatine Monohydrate, NutraPlanet's Creatine for 10 bucks for 500 grams. That would do the same as a more known creatine? And does the same go for Whey Protein too? I can't decide if i want to save 15 dollars and buy NutraPlanets Whey protein or buy Optimum Nutritions. And i decided i'd go with the ADAM multi-v. So on NutraPlanet, getting NutraPlanet's Whey Protein (5 lb Frost Milk Chocolate), and their Creatine Monohydrate (500 grams), ADAM Multi-V (90 caps) would come out to be $58. I think that sounds pretty good but you guys know best so let me know!And yes it is very nice to see changes! I don't understand why i'd be getting more cut or defined when i'm actually more than i usually do? Is it because the food i'm eating is healthy? Also i've been seeing lots of people talk about cuts and bulks. I imagine what i am on is a bulk? I will also try the chocolate milk! Thanks for the help guys!"Thanks for the feedback!
  31. Registered User
    Answers

Yes i just got back from grocery shopping and made my 4 batches of Egg Beef Pasta! I also bought some chocolate milk so 4 cups a day is what i will aim for or a quart. I will work on ordering my supplements then. The Egg Beef Pasta in each serving is 713 calories, 27 g fat, 68 g Carbs, 49 g Protein. Thanks for the help!
  32. Registered User
    Answers

This is my food log from today and i still haven't eaten dinner or really had a snack or anything so it's getting a lot better as the days go on!

Name:  8-3-11.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  31.3 KB
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

Nice man! Keep chowing down!! Keep us posted on how its going.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Okay so i'm out of town on vacation till Wednesday so it will be kinda hard to keep eating the way i do at home but i will try. This week in lifting i was happy with my results. I squatted 305 for my 1 rep max, 330 for my hex bar dead lift 1 rep max, and 205 for my power clean. I'm happy with these results and they are getting better. The defensive coordinator and also the guy who runs the strength and conditioning program told me i've made great strides and he can't wait to see me on the football field so i'm making improvements. Thanks for all the help guys!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Serious Nutrition Solutions Supplements
    By MAxximal in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 09:30 PM
  2. Requesting Advice =) re: supplements/nutrition/workout
    By Deltaflaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
  3. Hard Nutrition Supplements?
    By MMABoxing in forum Supplements