Bent over row question

  1. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Bent over row question


    Whenever I see people in the gym doing bent over rows it seems they are ALWAYS just heaving the weight up. I admit I am also guilty of this. Well today I tried to really focus on the contraction more, and man is it hard. When I heave the weight around I usually work up to around 245, today with good form i barely got past 175. I was just wondering what everyones opinions is on this exercise because I do feel it both ways, but waht has worked better for back width and size for everyone, real heavy, or nice tight form with bent over rows?

  2. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,262
    Rep Power
    234821
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    i do pendlay rows, back is parallel to teh floor. set the weight down, pull, set down and repeat. give them a whirl
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  3. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    i do pendlay rows, back is parallel to teh floor. set the weight down, pull, set down and repeat. give them a whirl
    i like that, thanks .....im tryin to work on "earnin my wings" if u know what I mean haha
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    808rebel's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    1643
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    55.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    i do pendlay rows, back is parallel to teh floor. set the weight down, pull, set down and repeat. give them a whirl
    I did those for a few weeks once and they were insane. Matter of fact I might jump back on it.
  5. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    i bet u gotta be real strict with those
  6. New Member
    WKUanimal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    2.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    Whenever I see people in the gym doing bent over rows it seems they are ALWAYS just heaving the weight up. I admit I am also guilty of this. Well today I tried to really focus on the contraction more, and man is it hard. When I heave the weight around I usually work up to around 245, today with good form i barely got past 175. I was just wondering what everyones opinions is on this exercise because I do feel it both ways, but waht has worked better for back width and size for everyone, real heavy, or nice tight form with bent over rows?
    haha ive seen that. I think thats why people call one arm dumbbell rows "lawnmowers" lol. But on back day in general i go lighter, so heavy bbrows are something i rarely do. form over weight
  7. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by WKUanimal View Post
    haha ive seen that. I think thats why people call one arm dumbbell rows "lawnmowers" lol. But on back day in general i go lighter, so heavy bbrows are something i rarely do. form over weight
    esp. with back, I notice now that im lightening the weights, and throwing my ego out the door and feeling the back work im actually sore the next day
  8. New Member
    WKUanimal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    2.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    esp. with back, I notice now that im lightening the weights, and throwing my ego out the door and feeling the back work im actually sore the next day
    lol yeah dude, it took me a while to be able to leave my ego at the door, but when i did, my back exploded. Plus nothing beats the squeeze+pump on low rows
  9. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    i did DL's at the end of my workout today and squeezed on teh pull back and DAMN were my lats pumped
  10. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    2722
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by WKUanimal View Post
    lol yeah dude, it took me a while to be able to leave my ego at the door, but when i did, my back exploded. Plus nothing beats the squeeze+pump on low rows
    what ego is involved lol

    take the heaviest weight you can handle without hurting yourself/breaking form... and LIFT IT


    thats how you grow/get stronger.... and OP- please change that avatar LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  11. New Member
    WKUanimal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    2.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    i did DL's at the end of my workout today and squeezed on teh pull back and DAMN were my lats pumped
    Thats where i put my deads too, i tried doing SLDL's on leg day, but my legs were tellin me no after quads lol
  12. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    what ego is involved lol

    take the heaviest weight you can handle without hurting yourself/breaking form... and LIFT IT


    thats how you grow/get stronger.... and OP- please change that avatar LOL

    haha yea i prolly should put up a new pic huh....tomorrow......... goodnight!
  13. New Member
    WKUanimal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    2.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    what ego is involved lol

    take the heaviest weight you can handle without hurting yourself/breaking form... and LIFT IT


    thats how you grow/get stronger.... and OP- please change that avatar LOL
    Lol, my point is for me at least, there was a time where i was confident enough to go big, but i didnt focus on my form as much as i should have, especially with deadlifts.
  14. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    2722
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by WKUanimal View Post
    Lol, my point is for me at least, there was a time where i was confident enough to go big, but i didnt focus on my form as much as i should have, especially with deadlifts.
    lol i feel you... i deadlift like derek poundstone lol..

    pretty much just grip and rip with no hip...

    fuc it lol... at least im getting stronger 585 dl
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  15. New Member
    WKUanimal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    92
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    2.24%

    LOL i like that phrase. and hey man whatever works
  16. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141053
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The key is definitely using good form on BO Rows. Also, being as close to parallel as possible maximizes the benefits of the exercise. I can only get really that way if I do like a 4 inch deadlift from the floor, otherwise I always cut it a little high which makes me more prone to jerk it at higher weights. I used to try and do BO Rows with like 245-255 with some light to moderate jerking and could never go up. I then reset to 175 with strict form, and I'm now up to 315. It's probably the best bang for your buck back exercise IMO (though I dont have experience with Pendley Rows, and probably will not incorporate them in my DC training as I'd be overtraining lower back I'm sure).
  17. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,777
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    **** that noise. I do them closer to Dorian style because I need maximal overload. If you do anything with super strict for, then you're limiting the amount of overload that you can place on any given lift. When you're a beginner, then you should have "textbook" form as you lay your foundation, but, the more advanced you get, the more you should tinker with it and find your own groove. For example, look at Ronnie on BB Rows: they're far from ideal, but you can't argue with the results.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  18. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141053
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    **** that noise. I do them closer to Dorian style because I need maximal overload. If you do anything with super strict for, then you're limiting the amount of overload that you can place on any given lift. When you're a beginner, then you should have "textbook" form as you lay your foundation, but, the more advanced you get, the more you should tinker with it and find your own groove. For example, look at Ronnie on BB Rows: they're far from ideal, but you can't argue with the results.
    Yeah, and what weight is he using and how does he look vs. what weight you're using and how you look. Exactly why OP should stick with good form.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,777
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Yeah, and what weight is he using and how does he look vs. what weight you're using and how you look. Exactly why OP should stick with good form.
    This doesn't make sense and "good form" is highly ambiguous. As long as his scapula are retracting, then the form is good in my back.

    BTW, I'm currently doing 315x15 at BW of 210.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  20. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928438
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    If you want to see how much your form(and momentum) is involved in bent over rows then try putting that same weight on the chest supported row machine! Opened my eyes and my back thanked me for it.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  21. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    all great points guys....one thing I will say taht if your gna jerk the weight up, TRY to keep it under control on the way down tt way you are getting teh negative overload for sure. That has seemed to work for me in the past
  22. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,777
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    all great points guys....one thing I will say taht if your gna jerk the weight up, TRY to keep it under control on the way down tt way you are getting teh negative overload for sure. That has seemed to work for me in the past
    This. Also, keep your head up and don't do the bobbing that you constantly see with rows.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  23. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141053
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This doesn't make sense and "good form" is highly ambiguous. As long as his scapula are retracting, then the form is good in my back.

    BTW, I'm currently doing 315x15 at BW of 210.
    Yeah, I got no doubts that means you could benefit using better form on your "power" rows, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    If you want to see how much your form(and momentum) is involved in bent over rows then try putting that same weight on the chest supported row machine! Opened my eyes and my back thanked me for it.
    Basically. As to the Ronnie Coleman example given above, even if he jerks to get them up he's still using a ****ton of weight, so even with the weight taken off the rows he is still lifting a lot of weight with his back. If you BO a lot less than he does, then with the weight compensated by jerking taken off the bar, that leaves you with very little left to work your back with. At most you get negative work done, which is going to do something but suboptimal to using better form.
  24. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The concern with rows, as with deads and squats is lower back. Ive found tha dumbell rows with both feet on the floor, one hand on the bench is effective and safer than barbell.
  25. New Member
    TerpVTX's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    57
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    84.55%

    I use a reverse grip when doing bent-over rows and find that it helps me isolates my lats more than an overhand grip. I also like the pendlay rows
  26. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,777
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Yeah, I got no doubts that means you could benefit using better form on your "power" rows, lol.


    Basically. As to the Ronnie Coleman example given above, even if he jerks to get them up he's still using a ****ton of weight, so even with the weight taken off the rows he is still lifting a lot of weight with his back. If you BO a lot less than he does, then with the weight compensated by jerking taken off the bar, that leaves you with very little left to work your back with. At most you get negative work done, which is going to do something but suboptimal to using better form.
    Benefit how? I'm not looking for hypertrophy. I need stronger lats/traps to support the weight for bench, stabilizing for squats, and locking out on deads. A decade of training has given me the ability to know what works best for my particular frame and needs.

    Also, Ronnie weighed ~300 lbs in his heyday and usually did BB Rows with 405 for 10-12. Strength is relative to the person. On a pound-for-pound basis, I do more than he does on them.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  27. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,262
    Rep Power
    234821
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    form strict to a point. keep back close to parallel as you can but youre realling jerking it off the floor, your back may go up a little. just as long as youre using emphasis on your back and not "dead lifting" it up. youll be able to tell if youre doing it right or not pretty quickly
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  28. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    2722
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i think you can cheat it a little.... im 200lbs and i do rows with 365x6

    theyre not 100% perfect but at least 90%
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  29. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,777
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    i think you can cheat it a little.... im 200lbs and i do rows with 365x6

    theyre not 100% perfect but at least 90%
    A little body English is a good thing once you have the M-M connection. Just for a reference, I bring the bar to the bottom of my patella and then drive it into my umbilicus as fast as possible and followed by a controlled negative. I like to keep a higher rep range because it really, really hits your conditioning.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  30. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    2722
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    A little body English is a good thing once you have the M-M connection. Just for a reference, I bring the bar to the bottom of my patella and then drive it into my umbilicus as fast as possible and followed by a controlled negative. I like to keep a higher rep range because it really, really hits your conditioning.
    yeah, i bring the bar way below my knee, almost an inch from the ground..... TBH i agree with higher rep work for conditioning, but right now, im training for strength.... this always happens lol.... i gain gain gain until i get around 15% bf, and then i get mad about being fat, and i cut to 8% and lose all my strength.... so i have made the commitment to just stay somewhat lean with my diet, and train for strength...

    ive been hunting down a 600lb deadlift for a while now... i cant afford to be doing reps in the 10-15 rep range
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  31. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,211
    Rep Power
    96471
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    9.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Some very good advice in this thread, and I agree with most all of it, form is important to a point, a little cheat on rows is ok, and grab and get the weight up also works, I think the key point is knowing when to do what, and not always doing the same thing, change it up sometimes, one day focus strictly on form, the next time focus on moving as much weight as safely possible, the next time something in the middle and so forth.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

  32. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,777
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    yeah, i bring the bar way below my knee, almost an inch from the ground..... TBH i agree with higher rep work for conditioning, but right now, im training for strength.... this always happens lol.... i gain gain gain until i get around 15% bf, and then i get mad about being fat, and i cut to 8% and lose all my strength.... so i have made the commitment to just stay somewhat lean with my diet, and train for strength...

    ive been hunting down a 600lb deadlift for a while now... i cant afford to be doing reps in the 10-15 rep range
    I used to think the same way, but almost every PL'er I talk to says to go to higher reps on the assistance lifts. Hell, amongst the most impressive things I've ever seen is this:
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  33. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    2722
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    kroczaleski i watched his video the other day actually... when he goes up to the 300lb db he hits lower reps


    come to think of it, when i do "kroc" rows, i generally strap up to the 150 and try to hit 20

    but barbell rows, i stay low rep, heavy... maybe ill try to switch it up
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  34. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,777
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    kroczaleski i watched his video the other day actually... when he goes up to the 300lb db he hits lower reps


    come to think of it, when i do "kroc" rows, i generally strap up to the 150 and try to hit 20

    but barbell rows, i stay low rep, heavy... maybe ill try to switch it up
    Setting rep PR's is just as big, to me at least, as setting a weight PR.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  35. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    I agree with the mind muscle connection point, I thinkt hat is the most important aspect of any lift by far, If you can't feel that muscle working then you are not working hte muscle you jsut just moving the weight, and for most of us that will not give us the results we want
  36. Senior Member
    steppinRazor's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,019
    Rep Power
    268142
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    7.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    wow learn something new.. im pretty new to the game, ive been training but very seriously for about 1 year now. my form was offf so f'ing bad. was pulling the bar to my chest. just knocked a couple sets out to try it out in correct form..this feels FAR more effective
  37. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,777
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    wow learn something new.. im pretty new to the game, ive been training but very seriously for about 1 year now. my form was offf so f'ing bad. was pulling the bar to my chest. just knocked a couple sets out to try it out in correct form..this feels FAR more effective
    The most important thing is to learn what works for your body. No two specific forms will be the same because no two bodies are the same.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  38. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    1513004
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    73.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    wow learn something new.. im pretty new to the game, ive been training but very seriously for about 1 year now. my form was offf so f'ing bad. was pulling the bar to my chest. just knocked a couple sets out to try it out in correct form..this feels FAR more effective
    jsut squeeze those lats and let them do the work.....you'll be flyin with those wings in no time
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bent over BB rows - a little help plz
    By StangBanger in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 12:06 AM
  2. Bent over row help
    By coldseed in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 04:13 PM
  3. bent over bb rows
    By khan8 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in