Lower back soreness after deadlift - AnabolicMinds.com

Lower back soreness after deadlift

  1. kmcart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    440

    Reputation

    Lower back soreness after deadlift


    Posting this from the new app so bear with any typos or anything. Back to the point, how much lower back soreness do you guys get from deadlifting? I know what I'm feeling is just soreness and not pain from an injury or anything but it just seems like its a little excessive. I keep my form good back straight and head up and if I lose form the rep doesn't count and I lower the weight. So I'm just wondering how sore do you guys get?

  2. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Traditional stance, pretty damn sore if I work up to a ME set. Sumo stance, not really.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1317

    Reputation

    Yup, conventional pulls and I'm aching like a mofo! Try myofacial rolling before and after. It really helps loosen things up and aids in recovery.
    •   
       

  4. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I prefer a nice baseball around the glutes/piriformis. It's the only thing I've found that really digs out the adhesions and loosens to fascia.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1317

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I prefer a nice baseball around the glutes/piriformis. It's the only thing I've found that really digs out the adhesions and loosens to fascia.
    I just moved to a raquetball and boy does it hurt! I think a baseball for a newb would be too painful and too extreme. I started out with an Exervo Black super stiff and now I need more! I feel like a crackhead with my rolling!
  6. CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    251

    Reputation

    extremely sore!! its the nature of the beast bro, also my CNS is taxed pretty bad, as I'm frequently a 600+ deadlifter. If I hit deadlifts real hard, its pretty much a guarantee I'm dragging ass and out of commission the next day. But nothing has made my back and wingspan bigger than deads, you can always tell the difference between a guy who does them regularly and one who doesnt
  7. Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,008
    Rep Power
    917970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    I just moved to a raquetball and boy does it hurt! I think a baseball for a newb would be too painful and too extreme. I started out with an Exervo Black super stiff and now I need more! I feel like a crackhead with my rolling!
    I started out with a tennis that's designed to play with dogs. It quickly became too easy and then I moved onto a spongy-type baseball before moving onto the real thing. It's just part of my arsenal of MFR tools.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234818

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    i get pretty beat up from them, depends what kind im doing but deficeit DLs destroy me
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  9. kmcart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    440

    Reputation

    Thanks for the replies guys, glad to hear I'm not the only with it so bad and that I'm not screwing something up. So with the MFR how should I go about it? I've heard about it but haven't looked into it too much.
  10. GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234818

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    MFR?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  11. kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1317

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    MFR?
    Myo-Facial Release.

    I would suggest starting out with a moderate/medium density roller. I started out with the stiffest one available as I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I used to get deep tissue massages once a week so it's pretty similar as far as pain goes. You can google myofacial and there's all types of pics and vids on how to roll. I started about a month ago and quite honestly, it's one of the best things I've done in a few years as far as my physical conditioning goes. I'm much more flexible and I seem to recover much quicker these days. I'm warning you though, it can get quite addicting. It's like crack!
  12. WKUanimal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    89

    Reputation

    depends on how hard i go. Honestly its not uncommon to be really sore. Especially the DOMS after leg day
  13. kmcart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    440

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian

    Myo-Facial Release.

    I would suggest starting out with a moderate/medium density roller. I started out with the stiffest one available as I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I used to get deep tissue massages once a week so it's pretty similar as far as pain goes. You can google myofacial and there's all types of pics and vids on how to roll. I started about a month ago and quite honestly, it's one of the best things I've done in a few years as far as my physical conditioning goes. I'm much more flexible and I seem to recover much quicker these days. I'm warning you though, it can get quite addicting. It's like crack!
    Well there's nothing wrong with another healthy addiction, ill definitetly have to look into getting a roller or finding something around the house to use.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Just got back from Emergency room for lower back pain
    By DOMOkun in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 10:19 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 03:31 PM
  3. lower lats w/o deadlift or bent BB row
    By Rugger in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 08:05 PM
  4. question about back soreness??
    By sepheus61 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in