*** PROTEIN QUESTION ****** SHELF LIFE IF PREMADE AND STORED IN FRIDGE?

kain1012

Awards
This is probably a dumb question , but if I make say 1/2 a gallon of protein shake and store it in the fridge will it still be good or does the whey protein itself have a shelf life.

This is for Whey protein. Just getting tired of making the shakes everytime I rather just make a jug and use it afterwork out and in the morning.

Reason I ask this is because I know creatine (creapure) has a short shelf life and you cant store that.

Just wondering :)

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
You should be fine if you just want to make one jug for the day or whatever. I wouldn't make like a jug for the week. As long as you keep it refrigerated you'll be good for a while. I think you could up to around 3 days.

kain1012

Awards
cool 3 days sounds about right.

Thanks for the response

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if theres really any hard evidence on the shelf life of protein shakes, i mean muscle milk and other RTD things can last quite a while so why not your own protein drinks now i don't know what type of perservatives they use in those RTD shakes but that might play a factor. But its not really the shelf life of the protein that i find the problem, but rather the consitency would change over time and i don't know something about those stagnant shakes disgust me.