GVT + 5x5 routine
- 07-06-2011, 03:55 PM
- 07-06-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd almost rather see 5 sets of 5 heavy then after the last of those sets cut weight by 50% and shoot for one 30 rep burnout set. I'm not quite sure that after a 5x5 you'd be able to do a heavy enough weight for the next 5 sets of 10 (remembering that in theory in GVT the weight is supposed to stay constant) to be worth it. Theres some research that shows the 30 rep set within 30 seconds of the last working set does help though.
07-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I see your point i figured the weight would have to be greatly reduced in order to carry out the last 5 reps maybe adding no benefit other than a good pump. Maybe a 6x6 routine would be more beneficial.
Similar Forum Threads
- By shaddow in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 07-19-2008, 06:53 PM
- By xxxJKxxx in forum Training ForumReplies: 17Last Post: 08-29-2007, 02:52 PM
- By Quinc in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2007, 03:46 PM
- By Quinc in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 02-17-2007, 04:10 AM
- By Dannya12 in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 03-04-2005, 11:38 AM