Advice/review of my routine wanted

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for reading. This is one of my first times creating a routine for myself. I'm currently about 3wks post-PCT, and haven't been training in the last week due to a neck injury. Strained a muscle or something and could barely move my neck, much less do any sort of heavy lifting. I was doing th eLayne Norton routine for the past 10 wks, and now I've got less time to go to the gym, so I'm going to switch it to a 3-4 days/wk. My goal is to maintain/recomp. I also increase weight 5lbs per set. Should I try to stick with the same weights for all my working sets? Also, warmups are not included in the list. Warmup consists of 10reps w/ just the bar, then 5reps at 1/2 max working weight, and maybe another 2-3 reps at 75-80% of max working weight. On 1 or 2 of the off days, I plan on doing some cardio or other physical activity. Caloric intake will also be above maintenance on resistance training days and maintenance or slightly below maintenance on other days.

I basically used the hypertrophy days in the LN routine as a template and modified it.

Mon
  • Barbell Incline Bench 3x8-12
  • Barbell Reverse Close Grip Bench 3x8-12
  • Barbell Flat Bench 3x8-12

• Spider Curls 3x8-12 super setted with
  • Standing French Press 3x8-12

• Cable Push Downs 3x8-12 super setted with
  • DB Hammer Curls 3x8-12)

• Barbell Curl 3x8-12 supersetted with
  • Machine Dips 3x8-12
Wed
  • DB Shoulder Press 3x8-12 super setted with
  • DB Lateral Raise 3x8-12

• Bent Over Row 3x8-12 super setted with
  • Arnold Press 3x8-12

• Wide Grip Pullups 3x8-12 super setted with
  • Shrugs 3x8-12

• Lat Pull Down close palms in grip 3x8-12 super setted with
  • Upright Row 3x8-12
Fri
  • Back Squat 3x8-12
  • Deadlift ?x?
  • Seated Calf Raise 3x8-12

• Leg Extensions 3x10-15 super setted with
  • Lying Leg Curls 3x10-15
So, 3 main questions:
1. How's this look?
2. For monday, should I switch the inclined and flat benches?
3. Deadlifts, I find that if I do higher reps of DL, it takes a LOT out of me, moreso than doing 5x5 or similar. Should I try for 3x8-12, or stick with 5x5 for DL? I always increase weight by 10-20 if I do 5x5, and can hit 315+ on the last set. any recommendations on where to place the DL?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Seems like the same thing I say when critiquing many other similar routine questions:

Too much upper body pushing work
Not enough upper body pulling work
Too much arm work
Lack of posterior kinetic chain lower body work
Drop the leg extensions
Where is the core work? Core is not just rectus abdominals
Need rotator cuff and scapula fixator work

Br