Squatting / Leg day shoes

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a preference of sneakers/shoes for leg days? EliteFTS suggests the old school Converse Chuck Taylors, saying they’re built with a flat bottom and strong canvas sides. Most other tennis shoes will cause your foot to move around too much or you’ll push out over the side of the shoes.

Thoughts?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
i use converses or if i forget them, i go barefoot/socks

ProOne

Awards
  • Established
When I competed in powerlifting, I trained and competed in wrestling shoes. Now I just use the flatest sole cross trainer I can find.

Jabb

Awards
I use Feiyue martial arts shoes. It's hard to beat a canvas top small soul shoe that you can buy for around $16.

Last edited:
808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Socks ftw

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I just picked up some Puma Indoor Trainers on sale right now for $38 (from Puma).... flat and perfect for lifting!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Right now I'm using inov8 f-lite 230's, love them...but I'm prolly also picking up a pair of do-wins

purebred

Whether you're doing squats or deadlifting, you should just get used to the Chuck's regardless. They're inexpensive & effective so no one has a valid reason to not lift with them. Leave the Shox at home.

If you work out at home, try training with just socks (in case you need to deadlift). Started doing it recently and I'm never going back.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chucks. Cheap, comfortable, and easily transportable. They slide into my backpack no problem (or sometimes I even wear them as they're the stylish all-black kind for those that are into the intimidating-attire).

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will mention that if you like to do heavy calf work (which many do with poor form anyways), it was an issue for me adjusting to the pressure on the ball of my foot in that shoewear.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love the inov8 f-lite 230's because they have such a flat bottom, but are such an amazing minimalist running shoe too, and feels like nothing's on. And the grip is great. Chucks are awesome, but then I would need multiple pairs of shoes when I go to the gym. There's no grip on Chucks, I wouldn't be able to use the prowler at all..would be sliding all over the place at heavy weights.

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
Chucks or old school vans work very well for lower body training.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Everyone needs at least one pair of Chuck's lying around.