Advice Needed! I need to get big fast!!!!

TrumpetLegend

Awards
Hey guys, what's up? So I'm 22, been working out on and off since 7th grade, but getting serious with it the past 2 months. I worked at the NYSC gym and GNC vitamin store for a while so I'm always looking to learn more! I have a Marcy Diamond Elite Smith machine with the lat pull down attachment and some free weights. I'm trying to hit every every part of each muscle in hopes of getting the fitness model look. I'm really not happy with the way my body looks and am hoping to fix that. Let me know what you think of my training program and if I missed anything or if there is anything I can get rid of etc... Occasionally, I'll add in an extra set of 25 reps with a lighter weight to really pump it up. All exercises are 3 sets of 12 reps (Increasing weight by 5 lbs each time) unless otherwise noted and the order varies, plus I do a lot of super sets...

Monday-Legs

Back squats: 1 set x 20 reps then 2 more sets of 12 reps each with 5 lbs heavier weight each time.
Stiff dead lifts: Same as above
Leg extensions: 3 sets of 12 reps (Increasing weight by 5 lbs each time)
Ham curls: Same as above
Seated and Standing calf press: Same as above
Wide stance back Squats: Same as above

Tuesday: Chest

Flat Bench 3 sets of 12 reps (Increasing weight by 5 lbs each time)
Incline Bench 3 sets of 12 reps (Increasing weight by 5 lbs each time)
Decline Bench 3 sets of 12 reps (Increasing weight by 5 lbs each time)
Fly (on smith machine) 3 sets of 12 reps (Increasing weight by 5 lbs each time)

Wed: Back

Barbell Rows
Wide grip lat pull down
Narrow grip lat pulldown
Deadlifts
Front shrugs with head down and head staring straight ahead
rear shrugs
seated rows

Thurs: Delts:

Rotator Cuff Circles (25 forward and 25 backwards with 2 1/2 lbs each arm and side to side for them)
Side Laterals
Rear Rows on bench
Dumbell Press
Smith Front Press
Smith Rear Press
Front Raise

Fri: Bis and Tris

Underhand push down
Overhand push down
Close Grip bench
25 dips (1-3 sets depending on time left)
Hammer curls
preacher curls
barbell bicep curls
fore arm curls (front and back 25 reps x 3 sets)

**Was doing supinated bicep curls and reverse curls too, but I don't think I need all that and already hit all of both muscles, right?""

Abs -

3 sets 25 hanging leg raises
3 sets 25 crunches
3 sets 25 side to side oblique twists
3 sets 25 decline sit ups
3 sets 25 hyper extensions for lower back

***Was doing some weighted crunches with the rope on smith machine and weighted twists but heard those will make abs bulky so I stopped***

Supplements:

LOTS OF FOOD 6X DAY!!!!!! <--lol I better get some props for that!!

Up your mass weight gainer (This has a lot in it so I don't take Glutamine or Aminos since they are already in it)
ZMA
Melatonin-To help me sleep
Cell Mass Creatine = Stopped because of acne...N0 more Creatine
No Explode NO2 = Stopped because getting too hyper...Currently Trying PUMPED, but I get this weird itchy feeling from it that doesn't go away till I start working out..Do you think I should try a different NO2 product?
Natures Promise multi vitamin 2 x day

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not going to cover everything, but take creatine -- just don't take Cell Mass. I highly doubt creatine was causing acne. If it was that product (I still somewhat doubt it), there are a number of other things that could've done it.

You eat 6x a day, but what do you eat? Specific macros, cals, etc.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
creatine isnt likely to cause acne... there is nothing wrong with CellMass (only need 1 scoop a day not 2 like it suggests)... there are better/cheaper options though. Id say finish your CellMass then look into some bulk creatine mono.
as for the Preworkout, your going to get that and those feelings from any stimmed pre-workout. I will suggest trying Focus XT from SNS as its the smoothest cleanest Pre I have ever tried without the hyper, jitters or anything else.

those ab exercises will NOT make you bulky.. total broscience there. Stick around, read up on this forum - you will be glad you did. You are off to a good start.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude, first of all- you can not get big fast- even with steroids it takes time.
2nd what midwest said- what does your diet look like- this will determine your progress- its not HOW MUCH YOU EAT, its WHAT YOU EAT(and how much of this)
3rd join a gym

TrumpetLegend

Awards
Hey guys, thanks for all the info! :)

So as far as the creatine, I doubt it is that too, but my bacne is the worst it has ever been to the point where I'm literally embarrassed to take off my shirt so I am just temporarily stopping anything that has ingredients that I don't know what they are in it in case I might be allergic so I can gradually introduce them back in one at a time once I get rid of this.

Schwellington: Yeah, I know you can't get big fast and no, I'm def. not taking any steroids or anything. I'm only 22 and I want to do this naturally with no short cuts! Just blood, sweat, iron, and tears baby! You're right and I should have rephrased that: I want to get as big as I can as fast as possible. I'm aiming to gain 1-2 lbs each week and I'm hoping to cut some excess BF once I reach about 185. How does that sound?

Anyways, I already covered supplements though I'm thinking of adding in Muscle Juice once for some extra callories as opposed to up your mass 2x so it would be one of each...How does that sound?

As far as diet, I'm eating at least 500 calories over maintenance, which should cause me to gain 1 lb per week. I eat 6x per day either 2-3 hours apart, take a multi vitamin 2 x (Morning and afternoon) and drink TONS of water.

Meal 1: 3 hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, 8 oz OJ
Meal 2: 2 pieces of wheat bread with 2 TBSP natural peanut butter
Meal 3: Brown Rice, chicken and veggies
Meal 4: Weight gainer
Meal 5: 3 oz 95% or above lean red meat, red potatoes, veggies
Meal 6: Weight gainer

So what do you guys think? By the way, I apologize for taking so long to get back to you all. Work has been killing me and this guy I work with started working out too and is getting bigger faster than me and is busting my balls about it so I need to eat, sleep, train, and breath HARDCORE, but natural. I think he might be taking some stuff, but I don't want to **** up my liver so I'm determined to get bigger than him and do it the right way! :)

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Not bad for starting off. Best of luck.

Go with Up Your Mass, I love it. Muscle Juice has all these extra empty calories from sugar.
Preworkout - Focus XT is great and finds it way into other everyday uses (work/school/women/etc).

Schwellington beat me to it but in this sport nothing is fast. Things take time. If you want something fast you'll pay a price.

Don't hit abs daily, maybe every other day. Lift HEAVY, you don't need to go to failure on everything but make sure youre picking up weight. Obviously don't sacrifice form for weight that'll just get you hurt. On motions that may be more extensive or demanding on the joints you can go lighter to save yourself from injury.

Dont feel like you're locked into six meals. If your hungry then ****ing eat!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
dude you dont eat enough

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
dude you dont eat enough
I have to agree with him here. Listen: you wanna get big? Lift lots of weight and eat lots of food. Take those six meals and double the portions. If there's food and it's within arms reach pick it up and put it in your mouth.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with the other guys on this. You aren't eating enough. I'm not sure how much protein is in the weight gainers, but it doesn't appear you are getting enough. 1g/lb of bodyweight is sufficient, so you should look to increasing protein. Add in some greek yogurt with the PB sandwhiches, increase your whole grain consumption, and throw in some almonds and fish oil for fats.

Remember, it takes upwards of 2200-3000 calories of energy just to build a pound of muscle. From what I see, you are eating just enough to cover your needs and fuel your workout.

And as for you vs. the other guy....who cares? Genetics and so many other extraneous variables are going to impact who is gaining what.

Br

badfish21981

badfish21981

Awards
GOMAD (Gallon of milk a day) and Starting Strength routine is a great way to make some gains along with a crap ton of food.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
muscle juice will make you big, but you will get fat....way too many carbs.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
creatine isnt likely to cause acne... there is nothing wrong with CellMass (only need 1 scoop a day not 2 like it suggests)... there are better/cheaper options though. Id say finish your CellMass then look into some bulk creatine mono.
as for the Preworkout, your going to get that and those feelings from any stimmed pre-workout. I will suggest trying Focus XT from SNS as its the smoothest cleanest Pre I have ever tried without the hyper, jitters or anything else.

those ab exercises will NOT make you bulky.. total broscience there. Stick around, read up on this forum - you will be glad you did. You are off to a good start.
TOTALLY AGREE!

welcome!

TrumpetLegend

Awards
Hey guys, sounds great! Thanks! So bad news is that I lost my job last week and I just recently bought a new car so now I have a **** load of bills and no money left for food. I bought Muscle Juice Revolution 2600 and am dividing it in to 2 scoops 4x per day (Each 2 scoops = 500 calories) so that's 2000 calories right there and then I am adding 2 meals on top of that. So far they consist of natural peanut butter on 2 slices of wheat bread (400 calories ish) and eggs and oatmeal with OJ (400-600 calories) ish. Family won't help me with food beyond that so does this sound OK? Also for abs: I've been trying to do an abs routine on just Saturday, but I feel like it isn't enough and I separated Bis and Tris to 2 separate workouts...Is it as effective if I add 1 abs exercise at the end of each workout rather than hitting the whole core once or twice a week? For example: Monday: 3 sets of 30 crunches Tuesday: 3 sets of 30 hanging leg raises Wednesday: 3 sets of 30 oblique twists Thursday: 3 sets of 30 V-ups. Friday: 3 sets of 30 hyper-extensions for back. Saturday: 3 sets of 30 decline sit ups (and adding 5 reps to each set every week till I have 3 sets of 100 reps for each) How does that sound?

Thanks!

-Kris

P. S. Will I get fat from all the muscle juice like this? Unfortunately it's my only option. FML! ;(

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, sounds great! Thanks! So bad news is that I lost my job last week and I just recently bought a new car so now I have a **** load of bills and no money left for food. I bought Muscle Juice Revolution 2600 and am dividing it in to 2 scoops 4x per day (Each 2 scoops = 500 calories) so that's 2000 calories right there and then I am adding 2 meals on top of that. So far they consist of natural peanut butter on 2 slices of wheat bread (400 calories ish) and eggs and oatmeal with OJ (400-600 calories) ish. Family won't help me with food beyond that so does this sound OK? Also for abs: I've been trying to do an abs routine on just Saturday, but I feel like it isn't enough and I separated Bis and Tris to 2 separate workouts...Is it as effective if I add 1 abs exercise at the end of each workout rather than hitting the whole core once or twice a week? For example: Monday: 3 sets of 30 crunches Tuesday: 3 sets of 30 hanging leg raises Wednesday: 3 sets of 30 oblique twists Thursday: 3 sets of 30 V-ups. Friday: 3 sets of 30 hyper-extensions for back. Saturday: 3 sets of 30 decline sit ups (and adding 5 reps to each set every week till I have 3 sets of 100 reps for each) How does that sound?

Thanks!

-Kris

P. S. Will I get fat from all the muscle juice like this? Unfortunately it's my only option. FML! ;(
Check out some sample diets online there is some good stuff out there. No, your diet looks bad you need more nutritionally dense foods in there it is also unbalanced and loaded with supplemental protein. Research man, have fun and learn instead of blasting a thousand questions. Abs? What?! This is a misconception by the masses, abs + diet not exercise. If you have fat in front of your rectus abdominis then you'll never see that famous "six pack." Gain 1 to 2 lbs of a week!? Lets's be realistic here my friend, that will mostly be all fat! If your looking for a shortcut or an easy way out then you might as well take up chess or something because this isn't for you. RESEARCH! Your training and everything needs work. I know I didn't provide many answers, but everyone is individualistic meaning what works great for me won't work great for you. Research, find your nitch and stick to it for about a year and you'll be happy. If your looking for impressive gains weekly, then you'll be let down and deterred. Good luck!! :)

TrumpetLegend

Awards
Thanks for the advice, but did you seriously even read what I wrote? I lost my job so I can't afford real food right now. I wanted to know if this was ok till I can get back on my feet and buy real food again...As for abs, I'm not worried about seeing them yet. I just want to make sure my core is being worked out properly. Actually, maybe you should do some more research because gaining 1-2 pounds per week is perfectly fine though 1-1.5 lbs is better in terms of fat gain...I don't mean to bash you or anything, but I worked at a gym and a vitamin store in HS and have been researching this a lot. I've also been lifting on and off for years and this is the first routine that seems to be working for me so far...

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice, but did you seriously even read what I wrote? I lost my job so I can't afford real food right now. I wanted to know if this was ok till I can get back on my feet and buy real food again...As for abs, I'm not worried about seeing them yet. I just want to make sure my core is being worked out properly. Actually, maybe you should do some more research because gaining 1-2 pounds per week is perfectly fine though 1-1.5 lbs is better in terms of fat gain...I don't mean to bash you or anything, but I worked at a gym and a vitamin store in HS and have been researching this a lot. I've also been lifting on and off for years and this is the first routine that seems to be working for me so far...
Okay bro I was just trying to help you lol. And since you work at a vitamin store your a nutritionist? Hmm thats some good credibility. I honestly gave you the best advice i know, and gaining 2 lbs a week is possible without much fat? What magazine are you reading? FLEX? Haha ya i know nothing i am just the 2010 natural national OCB junior champion for nothing. I am not bragging, but you asked for it, there's my credibility.

TrumpetLegend

Awards
Okay bro I was just trying to help you lol. And since you work at a vitamin store your a nutritionist? Hmm thats some good credibility. I honestly gave you the best advice i know, and gaining 2 lbs a week is possible without much fat? What magazine are you reading? FLEX? Haha ya i know nothing i am just the 2010 natural national OCB junior champion for nothing. I am not bragging, but you asked for it, there's my credibility.How does completely ignoring the whole point of my post help me? I don't care who you are or what you have done, but I think you seriously need to go back to school bro. What I said is true and it also all depends on body type and metabolism...Don't bother posting on my thread again. I'm not going to waist my time.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Okay bro I was just trying to help you lol. And since you work at a vitamin store your a nutritionist? Hmm thats some good credibility. I honestly gave you the best advice i know, and gaining 2 lbs a week is possible without much fat? What magazine are you reading? FLEX? Haha ya i know nothing i am just the 2010 natural national OCB junior champion for nothing. I am not bragging, but you asked for it, there's my credibility.How does completely ignoring the whole point of my post help me? I don't care who you are or what you have done, but I think you seriously need to go back to school bro. What I said is true and it also all depends on body type and metabolism...Don't bother posting on my thread again. I'm not going to waist my time.
Obviously you are misconstruing my words bro, and with that type of attitude you won't get far with anything. I wouldn't want to help someone that unnappreciative and so quick to judge anyway. You flamed me for trying to help and now your questioning my education. I don't need to flame back because then what person am I? Just shows that some people want the easy way out and when their confronted with the truth they tailor it to what they think is right, hence, not even accomplishing what they wanted to in the first place. Good luck with your endeavors :buttkick:

rexkwondoe

Awards
Uh...losing 1-2 pounds in a week is safe and very possible...but gaining? Not likely at all, sir. I've been on a mission over the last year to break 200 pounds naturally. I started this mission at 170, and weighed in at 187 yesterday w/ 6% body fat (according to my crappy skin fold calipers). I don't eat like a horse because I'm specifically not trying to gain too fast...I want lean muscle with low body fat. I teach a kickboxing/resistance training class so I have to be functionally capable though. I'd say lose the hopes of doing this fast...and do it just do to it. Fitness cannot*** be a phase. It has to be a life-style. You have to live...breathe...eat and sleep fitness 24/7/365.

My advice on abs: Watch spinal flexion exercises. Hanging leg raises are fine...but don't overload on crunch/sit-up like movements. Excessive spinal flexion over time will lead to a lot of back aches. Also...make sure you're working the opposing muscle group in the same respect (often a good dead-lift program will facilitate erector spinae development). Focus on planks or weighted spinal holds that puts stress on the core without breaking natural standing alignment. Look up anti-flexion exercises or static abdominal training.

As for your machines...I hope and pray you're not doing deadlifts and squats with a smith machine. You're going to throw natural spinal curvature out the window in a few months if you keep that up. Above advice is right on...join a gym.

If you can't eat right for whatever reason, slow down your training. If you workout like a demon but your body doesn't have enough stuff to repair tissue damage...something's gotta give...and it will hurt when that happens.

Put your ego aside and train smart. Research.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Uh...losing 1-2 pounds in a week is safe and very possible...but gaining? Not likely at all, sir. I've been on a mission over the last year to break 200 pounds naturally. I started this mission at 170, and weighed in at 187 yesterday w/ 6% body fat (according to my crappy skin fold calipers). I don't eat like a horse because I'm specifically not trying to gain too fast...I want lean muscle with low body fat. I teach a kickboxing/resistance training class so I have to be functionally capable though. I'd say lose the hopes of doing this fast...and do it just do to it. Fitness cannot*** be a phase. It has to be a life-style. You have to live...breathe...eat and sleep fitness 24/7/365.

My advice on abs: Watch spinal flexion exercises. Hanging leg raises are fine...but don't overload on crunch/sit-up like movements. Excessive spinal flexion over time will lead to a lot of back aches. Also...make sure you're working the opposing muscle group in the same respect (often a good dead-lift program will facilitate erector spinae development). Focus on planks or weighted spinal holds that puts stress on the core without breaking natural standing alignment. Look up anti-flexion exercises or static abdominal training.

As for your machines...I hope and pray you're not doing deadlifts and squats with a smith machine. You're going to throw natural spinal curvature out the window in a few months if you keep that up. Above advice is right on...join a gym.

If you can't eat right for whatever reason, slow down your training. If you workout like a demon but your body doesn't have enough stuff to repair tissue damage...something's gotta give...and it will hurt when that happens.

Put your ego aside and train smart. Research.
Word, Thanks man for expounding on what I said. Exactly

rexkwondoe

Awards
Just read up something I want to expand on...you said you were going to throw out supination curls; you can do that, just know one thing...the bicep does two things: Flex the eblow joint, and supinate the forearm. Therefore...by combing a twisting motion to a flexion exercise...you're hitting the muscle most effectively. To a body builder this means bigger peaks.

I wouldn't throw it out. Also, hammer curls aren't working biceps...that's working brachialis (Under bicep) and brachioradialis (forearm), so keep that in mind week to week. As for triceps...it doesn't matter how you extend the elbow or what angle it's from...the triceps will only extend the elbow. You might get more ROM with a reverse grip extension, but overall...same movement and fiber recruitment (roughly). I wouldn't worry about getting too creative with triceps like laying on a bench under a cable machine doing weird cable skull crushers. Just do simple...heavy weight extensions. Dips are tried and true...I'm, personally, on the fence about close grip bench press. (If someone has a good article about close grip bench...please let me know)

EDIT: My bio-mechanics prof would be pissed off at me right now...the bicep also flexes the shoulder. My bad...my bad. haha

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
something that has worked well for me is DC training. you should have at least a few years of lifting under your belt before you try this though

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
muscle juice will make you big, but you will get fat....way too many carbs.
Its really the kind of carbs in it - I think its, what, 40g sugars?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just read up something I want to expand on...you said you were going to throw out supination curls; you can do that, just know one thing...the bicep does two things: Flex the eblow joint, and supinate the forearm. Therefore...by combing a twisting motion to a flexion exercise...you're hitting the muscle most effectively. To a body builder this means bigger peaks.

I wouldn't throw it out. Also, hammer curls aren't working biceps...that's working brachialis (Under bicep) and brachioradialis (forearm), so keep that in mind week to week. As for triceps...it doesn't matter how you extend the elbow or what angle it's from...the triceps will only extend the elbow. You might get more ROM with a reverse grip extension, but overall...same movement and fiber recruitment (roughly). I wouldn't worry about getting too creative with triceps like laying on a bench under a cable machine doing weird cable skull crushers. Just do simple...heavy weight extensions. Dips are tried and true...I'm, personally, on the fence about close grip bench press. (If someone has a good article about close grip bench...please let me know)

EDIT: My bio-mechanics prof would be pissed off at me right now...the bicep also flexes the shoulder. My bad...my bad. haha
I think your bio-mechanics professor would be upset you forgot about the long head of the triceps, which crosses two joints - the elbow and the shoulder. It also makes up nearly 1/2 the entire upper arm girth. And, to fully recruit it, you need to have the shoulder flexed - thus, a lying triceps extnsion (skull crusher) keeping the elbows at shoulder width apart, is a very good ancillary movement.
As for the biceps, they get plenty of work from pulling movements.

Br

rexkwondoe

Awards
Oooh snap. You're right! Doubly my bad, ZiR RED. Thanks for the refresher. Well, at least I was doing the right exercise all this time. Skull crushers are just too fun to let go of.

superlift

superlift

Awards
There is no "fast" in getting big. Consistency is the key. Keep your calories high and don't miss any days in the gym. Don't worry about getting fat. Keep at it an you will grow.

mdpwrlifter

Awards
No point in trying to diet. Just eat a lot of food and protein, lift heavy. A good quality lifting program like 5X5