Need advice on new routine - Strength/Hypertrophy/Recomp M/W/F
- 06-15-2011, 10:17 AM
5/3/1 with hypertrophy focused accessory movements
Looking for some good advice on a new program.
So I'm in slight deload mode now while I put together a new routine.
I can only train Monday Wednesday Friday, and only have access to barbells, kettlebells, dumbells, chains / bands, prowler - no machines, etc, strictly old school gym... that's how I like to train.
Trying to keep things geared 50/50 on strength and hypertrophy, but also aiming to recomp (but recomping is mainly in the diet - I've started a CKD this week and upped intensity a lot).
How would 5/3/1 or Texas Method fare? Or should I just go for 5x5? Any other programs that would be good worked into a M/W/F schedule? I would also like to hit chest twice per week if possible.
- 06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
any routine can be broken down into 3 day a week, so it doesnt matter much.
if you wanna do 5/3/1, there a body building version with lotta extra assistance work for hypertrophySerious Nutrition Solutions
- 06-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Cool thanks, I'll check it out. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get in enough assistance work with only 3 days per week and 1 day off between days.
06-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I vote 5/3/1 3 day split, whichever assistence template fits your needs. Also the 5/3/1 for powerlifting is very good too if you want heavy singles and more ideas for assistence layouts, hypertrophy layouts, strenght layouts, and conditioning layouts.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Sup3rb3ast in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 10-10-2010, 06:27 PM
- By hardlymovin20 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
- By ILiftBig in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 5Last Post: 02-18-2009, 12:10 PM
- By drummaboyzl in forum BulkingReplies: 12Last Post: 09-11-2008, 08:03 AM
- By kelsey in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2004, 06:26 AM