electrostimulation

PumpedmToR

Awards
I wondered if electro muscle stimulation, would be good to use in addition to the rest of my routine, as my job involves me being almost motionless for 12hr a day.

Goal: increase LBM
I do my weights, cardio, eat well, etc.

Anyone had any experience of using them?

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
I´ve been using it and it´s great for strength and you also see your muscles grow which are stimulated.

But if you´re working out large muscles don´t expect not to sweat:))
Plus the electrodes wear off quite quickly but it´s Ok,for 4-5 weeks.
You´ll also need rechargeable batteries and the apparatus should be a good one for about
1000$-then you´re ready to go+plus the routine to put all the electrodes on needs nearly more disciplin than a normal workout,finding the rigth stimulationstreght,etc.....

Greetings,

Fastflight

PumpedmToR

Awards
Thanks fastflight,

Sorry to throw so many questions at you buddy,

When you say that the electrodes wear off, is that due to the sweat? How do you attach yours?

Do you do weights as well as EMS? How long have you been training for, what are your training goals (size and strength?), and do you do weights too?

What sort of EMS routine do you use (eg 3day/week, etc)?

I know there are muchos questions but if EMS works, I think that I could use them a lot !

thanks,

PumpedmToR

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fastflight,

Sorry to throw so many questions at you buddy,

When you say that the electrodes wear off, is that due to the sweat?
not so much because of the sweat,maybe a little,I think hairs are a killer.
How do you attach yours?
I siply puit them on the skin attach the cables,and that´s it!
Do you do weights as well as EMS? How long have you been training for, what are your training goals (size and strength?), and do you do weights too?
Yes,I do weughts in the winter to avoid muscle dysbalance.I´m training since ever but for 7 years I´m a elite cyclist,so I´m loking for strenght,without much size.
But I put them on my abs and it works;-).For strenght you can literally feel the power it puts into your muscles when you´re competing training whatever.
What sort of EMS routine do you use (eg 3day/week, etc)?
I usually don´t do weights when doing EMS,´cause it stresses the muscle very much .
I did it for several weeks (4) every day for 2 hours while playing playststion,or online ,etc. and had good results.-I was doing only my quads....

Greetings,

Fastflight

size

Awards
  • Established
Electrostim has its place and is effective. However, the equipment is not cheap and I assume most individuals do not have access to it unless they have access to a human performance lab.

Omega

Omega

Awards
EMS is great. if you have good insurance try to get a chiro or a Dr. to prescribe you one so you dont have to pay much for it. i think it works great. only thing that makes my bad back feel any better. if it doesnt help you gain muscle/strength id still use it. feels better than any massage ive ever had.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
The price for a good one is about 500-900euros with the proceccors there is a variety of programs you can chose from and even program your own sequences.
Mine is older and has max endurance and recovery programs ,which nearly all work well.

It´s just a drag with the cables and electrodes and the accus,to me.
Last time I had broken cable and the pulse went from nearly nothing to tune a steel string to hold a bridge.....very painful.
And overstimulation happened very often to me and I had to quit every training after EMS for several days,although it didn´t felt like too pulse much during EMS.
so I´m not a big fan of it anymore,but I wonder what´s wrong,´cause it really worked well befor.
Maybe I´ll check this with the EMS company.

franul@

Awards
fastlight,

Can you just tell me how did you set EMS machine...for long pulses or short. I have on mine max. pulse 3 seconds. Which is better for building abs?

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

It´s with already set programs I usually youse the resistance training with a working phase and a recovery phase where there a some pulses to relay the muscle.
It´s with a medium intense frequency and shows good resuklts.
I also use the endurance program with a longer working-phase and lower pulse,therefor I usually put on mor mAs.;-)
I like the recovery program very much.It´s much like a massage and in efficiancy even better.

Manwhore

Awards
Are these like muscle stimulators? I have a muscle stimulator i payed $190 for about 15yrs ago. It still works but i don't use it anymore. I was thinking of using it again because i think it worked for size in my chest when i used it for a week about 1hr/day. I don't know if it did. i'll have to try it again

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Yes,these are muscle stimulation machines,I thin it works.

We have a much cheaper one from a TV-ad,I´ll have to ty this out,too,
but I always felt like EMS is worth it,if the machine and cables,programs etc.
work right.

Manwhore

Awards
I bought mine very cheap and i've seen them cheaper. I know the multiple padded ones are more expensive but i see no reason for them,it just takes more time to hit different muscles. $1000 is alot for one. That one must be very good. I am not familare with the programs. Mine only pulses at one speed. I also have a brain machine. I forget the model but you hook it to your temples and it has different frequencys that stimulate different brain waves. It can give you one hell of a headache,though

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Never ever would I let emps to my head .

The one I have has a massage with short pulsating programs and working programs with low intensity and longer working-sequences combined with a short massage interception,and ones for max. strenght,which are the same like the others,only working-time is shorter and more intense.
There´s a warm-up and cool-down sequence on every program.

franul@

Awards
what i get if i put 3 second contraction followed with 1.5 second rest? I have 5 channel EMS with big rubber pads.....

Rjr3412

Rjr3412

Awards
i can't resist asking if anyone has seen any success or effect using those cheap little stimulation contraptions they had advertised for a while. I've tried it on my abs and think its more effective than most ab workouts but since i can't see my abs yet i haven't noticed more definition or size. has anyone else tried it on their abs or other parts?

Dredlockguy

Awards
i can't resist asking if anyone has seen any success or effect using those cheap little stimulation contraptions they had advertised for a while. I've tried it on my abs and think its more effective than most ab workouts but since i can't see my abs yet i haven't noticed more definition or size. has anyone else tried it on their abs or other parts?
I've actually used the AB EMS. I used it on my legs before I went cycling. I had great resuslts doing that but not so much on the abs. ( i have to cut more fat in that area) I got mine on Ebay for $9 if you want to try

bronx220

bronx220

Awards
i seem to remember a study done at a major college about this.EMS was used after concentric failure was reached to extend the set. i believe they test subjects gained 8-10% more muscle than the control group that weight trained but did no EMS with it.just my 2 cents