need help

dannyszero

Awards
hey guys ok basically i have been working out for 2 years and developed an athletic body type(tall and slim) im 6'3 220 btw. anyways i want that physique of a bodybuilder(wide and buff). now i dont know if it has to do with a certain type of workout or maybe to intake more calories but if thats the case i already intake about 4600 calories a day but i burn most of it at my job due to the fact i load up to 140lbs boxes for 4 nonstop hours and its hard for me to gain wieght. my goal is to get up to 240lbs. so if i can get any feedback i would really appreciate it. thanks

dannyn2007

Awards
eat more lol....up your protein, carb, and fat intake! also look into weight gainers to get those extra calories in. I like making my own weight gainers, its cheaper and more effective.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^ Agreed

You're quick description of body shape leads me to believe you're more ectomorphic and quick metabolism especially with your highly active work environment. You really just need to eat more and eat a lot. I support the idea of throwing in some extra quick meals from something like a weight gainer. I also prefer to make my own for the same reasons but if you want to invest in a premade product I suggest MHP Up Your Mass.

As far as a workout routine? I think a body part per day may be best for you to prevent being over worked between gym and work. If you wanna build mass... you gotta lift heavy.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Besides eating more.....Consistency!

Seems you've made great gains in 2 years...but 2 years is just a drop in the bucket. It takes years and years of consistent training and nutrition to build the physique you are looking for. Just ask some of the more experienced (older) guys on the forum

Keeping working hard, eating, and learning, and it will come in time.

Br

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also, change up routine. if u want mass, try 5x5 or research DC training

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, everything they said above.

I highly recommend the DC routine, especially in your line of work. And since you're working so hard during the day at your job you may wanna look into dropping cardio almost altogether. Perhaps just doing some for cardiovascular purposes rather than going all out.

Also do look into increasing your calories. If I could put my 2c in the hat I would say bring some ziploc bags of Pecans, Walnuts and Almonds to work and munch on those throughout the day. They have a lot of calories in them and therefore will help you increase your calorie intake without much effort. Not to mention they are delicious and easy to carry around with you.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Yeah, everything they said above.

I highly recommend the DC routine, especially in your line of work. And since you're working so hard during the day at your job you may wanna look into dropping cardio almost altogether. Perhaps just doing some for cardiovascular purposes rather than going all out.

Also do look into increasing your calories. If I could put my 2c in the hat I would say bring some ziploc bags of Pecans, Walnuts and Almonds to work and munch on those throughout the day. They have a lot of calories in them and therefore will help you increase your calorie intake without much effort. Not to mention they are delicious and easy to carry around with you.
I agree with the mixed nuts, but they can be hard to eat with a job like his too. I work in a plant that gets up around 130 degrees inside durin the Texas summer and anything too dry or salty makes me feel like I'm gonna die of dehydration.

dannyszero

Awards
thanx guys i figured it will come in time...as for increasing my colories ill try to bump it up but im kind of in a situation cuz all of my 7 meals consist of a little over 40 grams of protien, should i add a extra meal? and yea i take a protien shake to work sometimes a bar