Lost my mind-muscle connection

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.83%

Lost my mind-muscle connection

I have always prided myself on having a real focus when i train. I can go heavy but i always found that moderate weight with a real spiritual mind/muscle connection helped me develop more.

Recently I have lost that connection! with the exception of arms I'm finding it real hard to hone in and concentrate during my training especially on chest day.

For bench press I recently switched my grip to a more shoulder width aproach due to a nagging right shoulder. My bench grip is similar to a propper push up with elbows at about a 45deg angle instead of flaired out, in turn reducing the stress on my shoulders. Shoulder is feeling ok but now i am having a hard time focusing.

I thought maybe I'm "overtraining" but i only hae some of the symptoms and honestly I'm not sure how much merrit i have in actual overtraining.

Anyone else ever encounter this? any possible remedy's? I am one of those people that HAS to train daily in order to "feel" good wether it's just cardio or weight training. Typicaly 6 days a week.

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.4%

Only remedy I could think of is changing it up. Try a new routine or switch your days around.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.18%

I get like that sometimes. Its almost always resulting from over-training. Perhaps try taking a few days off then completely changing your routine. Do things in the gym you never did before for a while. Getting bored will absolutely alter the mind body connection.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy A View Post
    Only remedy I could think of is changing it up. Try a new routine or switch your days around.
    The sad thing is my routine is always different from week to week workout to workout. Some of my friends think thats why I'm in such good shape. But maybe I actually have to sit down and write out a routine and follow it and log it for a month or so instead of "freesyle" like I do?

Quote Originally Posted by DeppJarrod View Post
    I get like that sometimes. Its almost always resulting from over-training. Perhaps try taking a few days off then completely changing your routine. Do things in the gym you never did before for a while. Getting bored will absolutely alter the mind body connection.
    Boredom IS actually setting in and my wife even noticed it. A couple days off sounds great but I'm going to need some meds to fight of the depression for those few days!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.18%

Beta Alanine is great for focus also
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.01%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

I think it's common, man.

I actually skipped a workout for really one of, if not the first time in my life, today. For me, it's due to a number of other things on my mind and feeling agonizingly tired. Do you have anything going on emotionally or mentally that could be playing a role? On top of that, I'm on a stim detox right now and I know a good pre-workout gets me on fire, too. So look at your supplement / nutrition as possible culprits as well.

Regardless, don't freak out because it's pretty normal and good luck with getting back on track, man.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Try DMAA, the stuff reallly helps me.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.83%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I think it's common, man.

I actually skipped a workout for really one of, if not the first time in my life, today. For me, it's due to a number of other things on my mind and feeling agonizingly tired. Do you have anything going on emotionally or mentally that could be playing a role? On top of that, I'm on a stim detox right now and I know a good pre-workout gets me on fire, too. So look at your supplement / nutrition as possible culprits as well.

Regardless, don't freak out because it's pretty normal and good luck with getting back on track, man.
    Thanks Bro. Alot of good points you brought up. I have been somewhat stressed with work latley but really who isn't? I am on week 6 of 8 week ERASE/SHIFT cycle and also taking Creatine Nitrate along with multi's, Fish oil and of course Whey. I have been taking Jack3d on a case by case basis bu found myself relying on it more often than not latley. Maybe it's time to lay off for a good 4 weeks and like you said "detox" from the stims because before Jack3d I was using Mesomorph and before that Jack3d with maybe only 4--10 days off in between!

Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Try DMAA, the stuff reallly helps me.
    I'll look into it, thanks. But i may want to take some time off from supps, lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 03:12 AM
  2. Mind Muscle Connection in Pecs
    By Kc2554 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 11:07 AM
  3. Has my trainer lost mind???
    By cheezscott in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 06:32 PM
  4. The Mind-Muscle Connection