Lost my mind-muscle connection

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
I have always prided myself on having a real focus when i train. I can go heavy but i always found that moderate weight with a real spiritual mind/muscle connection helped me develop more.

Recently I have lost that connection! with the exception of arms I'm finding it real hard to hone in and concentrate during my training especially on chest day.

For bench press I recently switched my grip to a more shoulder width aproach due to a nagging right shoulder. My bench grip is similar to a propper push up with elbows at about a 45deg angle instead of flaired out, in turn reducing the stress on my shoulders. Shoulder is feeling ok but now i am having a hard time focusing.

I thought maybe I'm "overtraining" but i only hae some of the symptoms and honestly I'm not sure how much merrit i have in actual overtraining.

Anyone else ever encounter this? any possible remedy's? I am one of those people that HAS to train daily in order to "feel" good wether it's just cardio or weight training. Typicaly 6 days a week.

:frustrate

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
Only remedy I could think of is changing it up. Try a new routine or switch your days around.

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
I get like that sometimes. Its almost always resulting from over-training. Perhaps try taking a few days off then completely changing your routine. Do things in the gym you never did before for a while. Getting bored will absolutely alter the mind body connection.

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
Only remedy I could think of is changing it up. Try a new routine or switch your days around.
The sad thing is my routine is always different from week to week workout to workout. Some of my friends think thats why I'm in such good shape. But maybe I actually have to sit down and write out a routine and follow it and log it for a month or so instead of "freesyle" like I do?

I get like that sometimes. Its almost always resulting from over-training. Perhaps try taking a few days off then completely changing your routine. Do things in the gym you never did before for a while. Getting bored will absolutely alter the mind body connection.
Boredom IS actually setting in and my wife even noticed it. A couple days off sounds great but I'm going to need some meds to fight of the depression for those few days!:17:

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
Beta Alanine is great for focus also

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's common, man.

I actually skipped a workout for really one of, if not the first time in my life, today. For me, it's due to a number of other things on my mind and feeling agonizingly tired. Do you have anything going on emotionally or mentally that could be playing a role? On top of that, I'm on a stim detox right now and I know a good pre-workout gets me on fire, too. So look at your supplement / nutrition as possible culprits as well.

Regardless, don't freak out because it's pretty normal and good luck with getting back on track, man.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Try DMAA, the stuff reallly helps me.

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
I think it's common, man.

I actually skipped a workout for really one of, if not the first time in my life, today. For me, it's due to a number of other things on my mind and feeling agonizingly tired. Do you have anything going on emotionally or mentally that could be playing a role? On top of that, I'm on a stim detox right now and I know a good pre-workout gets me on fire, too. So look at your supplement / nutrition as possible culprits as well.

Regardless, don't freak out because it's pretty normal and good luck with getting back on track, man.
Thanks Bro. Alot of good points you brought up. I have been somewhat stressed with work latley but really who isn't? I am on week 6 of 8 week ERASE/SHIFT cycle and also taking Creatine Nitrate along with multi's, Fish oil and of course Whey. I have been taking Jack3d on a case by case basis bu found myself relying on it more often than not latley. Maybe it's time to lay off for a good 4 weeks and like you said "detox" from the stims because before Jack3d I was using Mesomorph and before that Jack3d with maybe only 4--10 days off in between!

Try DMAA, the stuff reallly helps me.
I'll look into it, thanks. But i may want to take some time off from supps, lol.