Best Summer Strength program for athletes?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.17%

Best Summer Strength program for athletes?

Hey guys really appreciate any help or expertise you can share

I'm 22, off season decathlete and I'm trying to put together a good full body strength program for the summer, hopefully 8- 12 weeks. My overall goal is all around explosive strength. My background is in sprinting so I need to pack on some pecs and shoulders for events like the shot-put, discuss, ect. I donít start competing till the winter so Iím really trying to put on some good base strength without losing speed or agility, definitely not trying to get huge, but if it comes with a good ratio of strength size isnít bad. Iíve been searching around but havenít been able to really nail down any one program, would really appreciate any help or advice.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.36%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TRPV14 View Post
    Hey guys really appreciate any help or expertise you can share

I'm 22, off season decathlete and I'm trying to put together a good full body strength program for the summer, hopefully 8- 12 weeks. My overall goal is all around explosive strength. My background is in sprinting so I need to pack on some pecs and shoulders for events like the shot-put, discuss, ect. I don’t start competing till the winter so I’m really trying to put on some good base strength without losing speed or agility, definitely not trying to get huge, but if it comes with a good ratio of strength size isn’t bad. I’ve been searching around but haven’t been able to really nail down any one program, would really appreciate any help or advice.
    Why don't you just get your coach to individualize a training programme specifically for your goals and needs, to work on your weaknesses, etc. and anything that you need to improve on for your "in-season" - that's what coaches and trainers are for. Otherwise you could follow a generic training programme, but I don't recommend it, since you want everything you do to be SPECIFIC to YOU.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

All the power in those events is generated in the hips, not the shoulders. Train your lower body.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.96%

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    All the power in those events is generated in the hips, not the shoulders. Train your lower body.
    yep
    ACSM-CPT

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need a new program for summer
    By goldenroll in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 08:54 PM
  2. Prime for Powerlifters/Strength Athletes?
    By DC181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
  3. 3x3 program for strength
    By warriorway in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 05:16 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 06:44 AM
  5. strength program...
    By sepheus61 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1