Anybody around 6' in the 225-235 range?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
That's basically what I'm aiming for and was wondering how hard it is to get to 225-235 naturally and be lean 10-12% body fat. A lot of guys I've seen that are lean at 6' are closer to 190-205 range. BTW I have a meso body type, but I don't think it's 100% meso. I'm already 240, but I have a gut and I'm nowhere near as strong as I want to be, but I just started getting the right amount of food a few months ago.

firedawg0108

Awards
im 6'2 218 @ 13% bf.i was 230 around xmas a good bit bigger but a good bit fatter too..really hard to get there lean

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Im 6'3.5" and 220.6 (as of yesterday). Im currently on a cut, and it ain't easy to get lean. Id say im a little less than 15% bf. Im logging my cut right now, there's pics in it for reference. Im aiming for 215 in the short run and 210 down the road.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Well, I guess this all depends on a number of factors. I have a small frame so I look like I'm carrying a lot more weight than I am. That being said, I couldn't imagine being able to sufficiently lean-bulk to 230 at my height unless you have some freak-genetics. Not saying it's impossible, just seems highly improbable w/o PH or AAS.

Dahollow

Awards
I'm 6feet tall and weigh about 235lbs at 14%.

When I started 10 years ago I weighed 150lbs. Got to 240 at 17% naturally.

Now I'm on a cut with test e to maintain muscle mass (not the best choice but liver issues keep me from using orals).

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im 6 foot at 220 around 13% bf

my goal is to be 220@10% bf by Decemeber- yes i use AAS

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
It's possible, but you better have some phenomenal genetics. A guy I lift with got his natural pro card last year, and he walks around at 225-230 at 12%. I personally could never maintain anything higher than 205 at that BF w/out AAS

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Damn..I'm trying to get built like Kurt Angle was back in his 220 days. In his prime he was 5 11 220. I'm about a bit over 5 11 but not quite 6 foot, maybe if my spine straightens(minor scoliosis) a little I will be. I know Kurt didn't take steroids atleast not in his Olympic days, he didn't want to get disqualified. In fact he broke his neck before the 96 Olympics and didn't take any Cortico steroids even though it would help him. So he had his doctor inject his neck with Novocaine. In terms of my body type, I'm close to meso. My legs and and chest grow with no problem, but my arms and shoulders need alittle more work and take longer to grow. I have a 73.5" wingspan so I guess I have long arms. So this is basically what I'm aiming for.
YouTube - ‪Kurt Angle's Olympic Gold Medal Win‬‏
Btw Kurt's my favorite athlete if you couldn't tell lol. Idk what Kurt's body fat % was though. I know his 205 now because he has nerve damage in his arms so his arms arent as big anymore.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
What's AAS btw? I'm not too familiar with anabolics. Never taken them and never knew anyone who did. I have about a medium frame. I think my frame is actually similar to Kurt's actually.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
AAS = Anabolic Steroids.

The best advice I can give you is to work on proportioning your physique and trying to create the best body YOU can have. It's great to have role models, but it tends to bog people down when they are always comparing their bodies to someone else instead of just measuring their own progress.

Try not to worry too much about how much you weigh, just get your diet and your lifting in check, try to lose as much bodyfat as you can, and go from there.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
AAS = Anabolic Steroids.

The best advice I can give you is to work on proportioning your physique and trying to create the best body YOU can have. It's great to have role models, but it tends to bog people down when they are always comparing their bodies to someone else instead of just measuring their own progress.

Try not to worry too much about how much you weigh, just get your diet and your lifting in check, try to lose as much bodyfat as you can, and go from there.
Okay. I was looking at Kurt's physique though not just because he's my favorite wrestler but me and him I think have similar builds. It would be a lot easier for me to look like a Kurt Angle than a Sting, Scott Steiner or Goldberg lol.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
You should check out the Bigger Faster Stronger documentary if you haven't. It's on Netflix streaming -- this thread kind of reminds me of the movie.

Reality is that any of the WWE wrestlers you're mentioning are juicing like there is no tomorrow, including Angle. In his Olympic days, perhaps he wasn't using steroids (though you still can't be sure of that), but he wrestled in the 198 to 220 pound class. The lower end of that range at 6' IS certainly attainable without steroids.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
You should check out the Bigger Faster Stronger documentary if you haven't. It's on Netflix streaming -- this thread kind of reminds me of the movie.

Reality is that any of the WWE wrestlers you're mentioning are juicing like there is no tomorrow, including Angle. In his Olympic days, perhaps he wasn't using steroids (though you still can't be sure of that), but he wrestled in the 198 to 220 pound class. The lower end of that range at 6' IS certainly attainable without steroids.
The thing is I want to be atleast 220 lean maybe even closer to 13-15% body fat. I'm not opposed to HGH or steroids by any means, but I'm too scared to take them because 1. This is my step dad's house and he's by no means against lifting but he wouldn't like the idea I'm taking anabolics 2. I have no clue how to use them properly and don't want to **** up my body because idk what I'm doing 3. The price damn expensive. oh and 4. scared to get gyno because insurance probably wont cover the surgery. I've seen the movie btw.

drvinnybombat

Awards
I'm a normal guy, not a bodybuilder, but a good athlete and pretty strong. I'm over 6'1'' and under 190 at 12% or so. I'm mesomorph-ish. One thing I do know is that a lot of people who are well over 200 lbs often drastically underestimate the BF% and get a little blind to their rather obvious belly. Just don't let yourself obsess over the scale and keep too much fat.

From the standpoint of regular sized people like me, if you short your goal by 20 lbs and end up 200 lbs and 12% or so, you're JACKED.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
I'm a normal guy, not a bodybuilder, but a good athlete and pretty strong. I'm over 6'1'' and under 190 at 12% or so. I'm mesomorph-ish. One thing I do know is that a lot of people who are well over 200 lbs often drastically underestimate the BF% and get a little blind to their rather obvious belly. Just don't let yourself obsess over the scale and keep too much fat.

From the standpoint of regular sized people like me, if you short your goal by 20 lbs and end up 200 lbs and 12% or so, you're JACKED.
I completely agree with this. I most people (including many people on this board) are completely underestimating their real BF%. I was floating around 210 to 215 for the longest time, but you never know how much fat you actually have to lose until you start down that road. I am down to 186 now, but much stronger than I ever was and hitting new PRs. I think you can get a lot more out of getting very lean than you can out of fatty bulk -- and you'll look much more muscular as well.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I completely agree with this. I most people (including many people on this board) are completely underestimating their real BF%. I was floating around 210 to 215 for the longest time, but you never know how much fat you actually have to lose until you start down that road. I am down to 186 now, but much stronger than I ever was and hitting new PRs. I think you can get a lot more out of getting very lean than you can out of fatty bulk -- and you'll look much more muscular as well.
Well just for the record. This is what I'm aiming for. Something like this
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3c/Kurt_Angle_2005-08-21.jpg
Now you guys can probably tell his bf% better than I can. Truth be told once I get to a bf% were I think I look good I might just maintain the weight...I like to eat lol.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
In my younger days, at 6'2" the heaviest I ever got was 238... That was from my first time EVER using creatine... I got so bloated but I was HUGE. Then lacrosse season came and I had to cut back to about 215 or 220 to get my speed back. All that was completely natty. I wasn't anywhere close to the bf% range you're talking about, I was probably around 15% or slightly more, but I attribute that to my eating habits back then... It was basically whatever I could possibly eat. My idea of a postworkout shake back then was two scoops of vanilla ice cream, a bunch of peanut butter (good ol fake sugary JIF, not natural), a whole banana, and one scoop of protein powder lol. I'm really glad that wasn't an everyday thing, though if it had been I might've gotten a lot bigger (may protein intake was waaay too low back then).

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
In my younger days, at 6'2" the heaviest I ever got was 238... That was from my first time EVER using creatine... I got so bloated but I was HUGE. Then lacrosse season came and I had to cut back to about 215 or 220 to get my speed back. All that was completely natty. I wasn't anywhere close to the bf% range you're talking about, I was probably around 15% or slightly more, but I attribute that to my eating habits back then... It was basically whatever I could possibly eat. My idea of a postworkout shake back then was two scoops of vanilla ice cream, a bunch of peanut butter (good ol fake sugary JIF, not natural), a whole banana, and one scoop of protein powder lol. I'm really glad that wasn't an everyday thing, though if it had been I might've gotten a lot bigger (may protein intake was waaay too low back then).
Yeah dude to be honest I'm not too sure what bf% I'm aiming for because I have no reference. I just knew I wanted to look like Kurt and used that pic as a reference. Actually I kind of wanted to look like a taller Chris Benoit but I don't see that happening at least not without a lot of gear lol.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
In that pic you posted of Kurt, I'd guesstimate him right around 9%, but I'm not awesome at that. Tough to say without seeing the abdominal section, and even then that varies depending on the sculpting of the musculature.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's the problem... This is what I ascertain about you from your posts.

1. You are of the "now now now" generation.

2. You are not persistent with your training. Yes, you probably go to the gym 4-6 days a week. However, you are not persistent with training and nutrition programs. By this I mean that every week you are posting about looking for a new program or new routine.

3. You selectively listen to advice. I recall several posts ago someone suggested you run a full body program for a while, and you came on here looking for reaffirmation that that was BS. You didn't get it, and rather then inquiring into the best full body programs, you made another post about some funky FLEX split.

4. You are frustrated. You would not have made this post if you were not. Its time for you to think outside the small barb-wired box of FLEX magazine.

Do some research, find or create a program based on some good scientific theory/research. There are many out there that are great for a natural trainer.
Next, set some achievable goals. It's not likely in 6 weeks you'll put an inch on your arms and 50 pounds on your bench press. In a year, however, it is. 6 weeks is around 1/9 of a year. So expect to put about 8 pounds on your max bench press and 1/8th inch on your arms. Do that every 6 weeks and you made some fantastic progress.

Finally, and perhaps most important for you. Stay consistent with the program. Follow it closely and perform the entire mesocycle/xx week course. The same with your nutrition.

You need to have confidence in that what you are doing will produce results. It appears you do not, which is why you are zig-zagging haphazzardly through this game and not making any real progress.

Peter's Law # 17:
Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.

These, at least, are just my thoughts on the matter.

And not that it matters, but I maintained 220 around 7-8% for several years before I changed my training goals from strength and aesthetics to speed and athleticism.

Br

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's about my range but I'm a little higher bf% wise. Last fall/winter I was about 245 after bulking for about 5-6 months, eating a ton so I was always full, but keeping it somewhat clean. I'm about 235 now, recomping, bf% about 16%.

I think 225 @ 8-9% would be my ideal. Probably going to take another year of dedication if I keep things up. I used to be a skinnyfat 190 about 6 yrs back but I also haven't been very consistent, taking a couple breaks here and there