losing my mind - AnabolicMinds.com

losing my mind

Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

losing my mind

So can someone please tell me why my Traps just suck.. They'll get to a certain size and then as my other parts continue to grow, the traps dont get any bigger. Im going crazy trying to figure out what Im doing wrong and what workout I should do for them. Anyone out there have any tips or workout suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Vlad
    "Every bodypart must be beaten into senseless submission by set after relentless set, until the last synapse sputters and dies. Overtraining was invented by wimps to camouflage their inability to train hard."

Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Most peoples like myself grow easily so that is kinda unusual for you to struggle. I'm assuming youce been doing shrugs? Rack dead lifts helped mine grow fast.
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Do you deadlift? Mine grow best with deads. Maybe your shrug form is bad?
    •   

Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Im tellin ya guys..I shrug, I love deads, I rack Pull, PowerCleans, Snatches. Pretty much I love every exercise that should make my traps huge, but there still normal looking. Maybe you guys can give me some workouts and how many times I should train them.. If things dont look up, Im debating on dedicating my now off day to a traps day. Yes thats how desperate I am haha
    "Every bodypart must be beaten into senseless submission by set after relentless set, until the last synapse sputters and dies. Overtraining was invented by wimps to camouflage their inability to train hard."
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hitstick42esu View Post
    Im tellin ya guys..I shrug, I love deads, I rack Pull, PowerCleans, Snatches. Pretty much I love every exercise that should make my traps huge, but there still normal looking. Maybe you guys can give me some workouts and how many times I should train them.. If things dont look up, Im debating on dedicating my now off day to a traps day. Yes thats how desperate I am haha
    What rep range are you working them? Try changing up the rep range, angle of attack, time under tension.
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    What rep range are you working them? Try changing up the rep range, angle of attack, time under tension.
    Shrugs:4x8-12 2x a week (mix them up with BB, DB, Behind back)

Deads: 6-8 sets of 3-5

Cleans/Snatches: same as deads

Rack Pull: sometimes replace deads, same rep/set range as deads

Idk, I only do 8 sets of shrugs a week so maybe a little more would be better. I havent done more thinking that all the other lifts would help, but apparently they arent. However I do like the point of more time under tension, ill give that a shot. How do you work your traps?

Thanks,
    Vlad
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

Higher reps work for mine. On shrugs I use explosive concentrics, a hard second flex at the top, then a slow eccentric. That method has been working for me.
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbinmuffin View Post
    Higher reps work for mine. On shrugs I use explosive concentrics, a hard second flex at the top, then a slow eccentric. That method has been working for me.
    Thanks for the tip, Ill give it a shot. ill boost up my reps a little bit. We'll see how it goes
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Shrugs:4x8-12 2x a week (mix them up with BB, DB, Behind back)

Deads: 6-8 sets of 3-5

Cleans/Snatches: same as deads

Rack Pull: sometimes replace deads, same rep/set range as deads

Idk, I only do 8 sets of shrugs a week so maybe a little more would be better. I havent done more thinking that all the other lifts would help, but apparently they arent. However I do like the point of more time under tension, ill give that a shot. How do you work your traps?

Thanks,
    Vlad
    Like you, 4x8-12 DB, BB, behind the back. I too, am not happy with my traps, so I just keep finding ways to shock them. When I started doing behind back, I found that sparked some new growth.

I also found performing incline shrugs helped.
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Like you, 4x8-12 DB, BB, behind the back. I too, am not happy with my traps, so I just keep finding ways to shock them. When I started doing behind back, I found that sparked some new growth.

I also found performing incline shrugs helped.
    Hmm, Incline shrugs?? I like the sound of that, can you explain?
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Hmm, Incline shrugs?? I like the sound of that, can you explain?
    Sit reversed on an incline bench, so you chest is against the pad. And shrug as you would normally shrug. I workout alone so its hard to get situated using heavy db's, so I use lighter weights, and squeeze the **** out of my traps.
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

2 words neck work... train your neck as well
    ACSM-CPT
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

So i looked the incline shrugs up after you mentioned them right before I went to train, and lemme say I f*ckin love em! traps havent felt this way in a very long time.. Thanks for the help my man.. and steel, what do you do for your neck work? I used to do alot of neck bridges for mma but stopped, are you talking about stuff like that?

Thanks guys,
    Vlad
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

So i looked the incline shrugs up after you mentioned them right before I went to train, and lemme say I f*ckin love em! traps havent felt this way in a very long time.. Thanks for the help my man.. and steel, what do you do for your neck work? I used to do alot of neck bridges for mma but stopped, are you talking about stuff like that?

Thanks guys,
    Vlad
    Neck bridges, harness work, neck curls all of that. I do all my neck and trap work in one big circuit. I have it in my journal
    ACSM-CPT
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

to be honest, I kinda forgot about doing neck work..I guess I figured that since my new gym doesnt have any neck machines or harnesses, screw it. Ill get back to doing them though, your neck could never be to thick in my eyes yano

Thanks man,
    Vlad

Similar Forum Threads

1. Losing Weight Without Losing Muscle
    By SimplyDraven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 02:07 AM
  2. LOSING MY MIND!
    By Watchmen in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 09:40 AM
  3. Losing my effing mind on Anabolic Diet! Please HELP!
    By mattnoble in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 10:24 PM
  4. Am I losing my mind?!?!
    By Throw2far in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 04:07 PM