- 05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
- 05-18-2011, 07:48 PM
High reps worked for me,.. also focusing on the stretch at the bottom seemed to elongate my calves. Could be a jedi mind trick, but whatever.Think training's hard,. try losing!
- 05-18-2011, 09:00 PM
I agree, stretch at the bottom and full contraction held at the top. I usually pyramid up in weight and will do long holds at peak contraction until my heaviest set and then use a short hold at the top of the movement. (heaviest sets will be for about 5-6 strict reps) I happen to have good genetics for calves so I train them once per week. I think for people with stubborn calves a progressive overload may be useful by doing them twice per week -- alternating between heavy days with big squeezes at the top, then next time doing higher volume with lighter weight and going for a full burn at around 12-20 reps.
05-20-2011, 08:52 AM
thanks for the advice will try to do more of a stretch at bottom and heavier weight i was doi ng more reps 15-20 without the stretch great advice
05-22-2011, 01:17 PM
I should be more specific,. but for me the high reps were as high as 50!!!
Think training's hard,. try losing!
Similar Forum Threads
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 08-12-2010, 07:03 PM
- By liquid in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-09-2010, 03:49 PM
- By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 19Last Post: 05-28-2009, 02:03 AM
- By GOTSPEED in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 0Last Post: 12-29-2008, 05:22 PM
- By jomi822 in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 16Last Post: 04-13-2006, 02:55 PM