calf deficient

bishop1

Awards
any suggestions on calf routines for stubborn small calves i have long legs so my legs and calves are extremely hard to gain, how many days per week? how many sets? weight?etc. any advice would be help!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
High reps worked for me,.. also focusing on the stretch at the bottom seemed to elongate my calves. Could be a jedi mind trick, but whatever.

crux

Awards
I agree, stretch at the bottom and full contraction held at the top. I usually pyramid up in weight and will do long holds at peak contraction until my heaviest set and then use a short hold at the top of the movement. (heaviest sets will be for about 5-6 strict reps) I happen to have good genetics for calves so I train them once per week. I think for people with stubborn calves a progressive overload may be useful by doing them twice per week -- alternating between heavy days with big squeezes at the top, then next time doing higher volume with lighter weight and going for a full burn at around 12-20 reps.

bishop1

Awards
thanks for the advice will try to do more of a stretch at bottom and heavier weight i was doi ng more reps 15-20 without the stretch great advice

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I should be more specific,. but for me the high reps were as high as 50!!!