S**TTY DAY!

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
So:

Today I get up at 5am - get home at 5pm, get in the gym (garage)

Get some good sets of squats in - personal best! Do my burpees ok.

Get to the bench press (I am doing stronglifts 5x5), I am down about 25lb on my max and STILL CAN'T HIT 5x5.

Possibly over-tired, possibly over hungry, possibly 5 sets of squats took more out of me than usual.

Leave gym, slip over on my ass in the garden, twat my head into the floor. spill my drink all over myself.

Am laughing writing this now - but I wasn't laughing 10 mins ago.

Sensible question - I am cutting, I hate the balancing calories to keep muscle and lose fat, I enjoy being strong too much!

I am considering upping my cals to make it more a recomp (just 100-200 under maintenance) adding in something like erase or AT2 or both.

I am experienced with pre workout supps and test boosters etc.

Comments? sympathy? (jokes)

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
How many carbs are you taking in daily for energy ? cause your body cant completely run off fat for energy because fats etc get turned into calories and Carbs get turned into glucose which your body needs for energy.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your 1RM on the bench? Depending your muscle fibre type and subsequently your 1RM continuum it isn't massively surprising.

25lbs less than my maximum on my flat bench press and typically I am looking at around 3 reps.

How long have you been doing 5 x 5 for on the bench and are you loading in a linear fashion or undulating?

I can vaguely comment on Erase and AT2 from personal experience. I won a bottle of each on a Facebook contest a couple of months ago. I started Erase about a week ago and looked visibly leaner in the first 2 days despite no drop in weight. I can't comment on strength gains yet.

AT2 I took today just to assess it's stimulant potency. One capsule in the morning on an empty stomach and didn't feel anything. I took two before training and didn't feel a lot (not expecting to on the first day) until about 20 minutes before the end of my training and I started sweating profusely on a fairly low volume workout. I was sweating more doing 4 x 6-8 with a chest and back antagonist superset than I was doing giant sets on legs.

In terms of fat loss effects of AT2, I can't comment yet. I can update you as I continue the run if I am not chosen for an Erase and Titanium log by Athletix.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
1RM Bench I am not sure of at the moment but: (I think 25lb down on my max wasn't quite right! - Did some maths after I had stopped being pissed off)

At the end of my last bulk I could do 5x5 at 190lb

I just about got 5/5/5/5/4 at 150lb this afternoon - this was a deload of 10% ish from 165lb which I failed to do 5x5 last workout.

In theory I am loading in a linear fashion until I can't hit 5x5 3 workouts in a row, then deloading by 10%. But at the moment it just feels like I am going backwards!!!

I thought it could be lack of food, but my Deadlift is fairly steady (dropped a bit, but I expected it to a drop a bit because I am on calorie deficit) And my squat is progressing steadily still.

I guess I just gotta play around with food and workouts until I strike a balance?

I am eating between 2000 and 2500cals a day 50/30/20 C.F.P

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I know this may be very simple, but is there a chance you just had a bad day?

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Steelwolf - yep, every chance. Ive had a bad week.

Hopefully next week will be awesome, heavy stuff will get lifted!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You just had a bad day. It's funny how some are trying to "diagnose" why over the internet trying to show the knowledge that they have. People have bad days all the time, there is nothing to fix here.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
thanks T-Bone

Think maybe I just needed a rant - or was looking for a reason where none existed.

Sh*tty day!

Good week next week!

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
Man up and quit your crying. Bad day because your 25 lbs below what you think is your max and you spilled a drink on urself? Pull the tampon out for Christ Sakes and get it together. Who gives a **** what you max out at anyways, are you trying to get a good physique or be a powerlifter? You lift in your garage dude, nobody can see you like at a big gym. Its just yourself, do what feels right to you. When a weight is too heavy its too heavy, period. I have met very few people in my life who stay just as strong dieting, most get weaker than **** (including myself)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You just had a bad day. It's funny how some are trying to "diagnose" why over the internet trying to show the knowledge that they have. People have bad days all the time, there is nothing to fix here.
You might be right, he could have just had a bad day. On the off chance it was more than that it is nice to help someone out to find out what the problem is. No flexing of my internet e-knowledge muscles here, genuinely trying to help.

I know if I wanted help on here I would be grateful for anyone chipping in. :)