New Bicep/Tricep Workout

hitstick42esu

Awards
Alright, so i got sick of my previous arm workout and decided to innovate a little bit. Im trying to get a nasty ball and a tri that looks like I got kicked by a clydesdale on steroids.

My previous Bi workout:

5 sets of 8-10 Barbell Curl
4 sets of 8-10 Ez Curl
3 sets of incline DB/ DB Hammers

Tri Workout:

5 sets of weighted dips
4 sets of DB overhead ext
3 sets of Straight Bar PDown
2 sets of Kneeled Rope PDowns

I have went back to the drawing board and came up with a new one, here it is:

Of course a set or 2 for warmups
Bi's:
(Heavy a** loads)
10x3
Straight Bar Curl 5 x 3
EZ Curl Bar 3x3
Seated Incline DB 2x3

Tris:
Again heavy a** loads and a quick light warm up set or 2
12x3
Weighted Dips 5x3
Overhead Ext 4x3
Kneeled rope Pdowns/Straight Bar Pdowns 3x3

*Just to mention, I do a little bit more sets for my tris since I am a firm believer that since the tri is a bit bigger than the bi, it is capable of taking a little bit of more work.

What do you all think, I feel like this might be a solid arm workout. Of course I am open for all suggestions.

Thanks,
Vlad

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I think you might end up over-working your arms. Your bi's take a beating on back day, and your tri's on chest day.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I personally feel you will over train.

hitstick42esu

Awards
Thats what i was worried about, just thought that load bearing would benefit muscle mass better than the standard issue 8 to 12.. Maybe cut the sets down a little bit?

Thanks guys

TorqueGTR04

Awards
Here's an arm workout that was awesome for me, especially if you want to do some heavy-ish loads. Rep range is like 6-8 reps

Biceps
Straight Bar Curl 4x6
DB Hammer Curl 3x8
DB Incline Curl 3x8

Cable 21's - 7 sets, 30 seconds rest in between

Triceps
Weighted Dips 4x6
Decline Bench Skull Crushers 3x8
Overhead Rope/DB Extension 3x8

Reverse Grip Tri Extension (Straight Bar, Cable) - 7x15, 30 secs rest

The last two exercises of the Bicep and Tricep workouts are called Sevens. Seven sets of a given number of reps with 30 seconds rest in between. It's known as FST-7 training - works great to finish off each muscle group and give a huge pump.

In my experience really low rep arm training doesn't do too much - all depends on the person though. I like to stay between 6 and 15 reps with some higher reps occasionally.

hitstick42esu

Awards
Here's an arm workout that was awesome for me, especially if you want to do some heavy-ish loads. Rep range is like 6-8 reps

Biceps
Straight Bar Curl 4x6
DB Hammer Curl 3x8
DB Incline Curl 3x8

Cable 21's - 7 sets, 30 seconds rest in between

Triceps
Weighted Dips 4x6
Decline Bench Skull Crushers 3x8
Overhead Rope/DB Extension 3x8

Reverse Grip Tri Extension (Straight Bar, Cable) - 7x15, 30 secs rest

The last two exercises of the Bicep and Tricep workouts are called Sevens. Seven sets of a given number of reps with 30 seconds rest in between. It's known as FST-7 training - works great to finish off each muscle group and give a huge pump.

In my experience really low rep arm training doesn't do too much - all depends on the person though. I like to stay between 6 and 15 reps with some higher reps occasionally.
That sounds awesome actually, definitly something im gonna give a go. The only thing that worries me is the exhaustion sets. 7 sets of 21's and 7 sets of tri exts x 15 scares me haha. Wouldnt that definitly lead to overtraining and kind of defeat the heavy load purpose? These are just questions I have so im not taking away from your idea at all. Other than the exhaustion sets, I really like the workout.

Thanks guy

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I found great success in just having 3 movements for each on arms day (back when I had a 5 or 6 day split, that is). I would do them for 3 or 4 sets, depending on my goal for the day, and key to success, FOR ME, was supersetting all bicep with tricep movements. It was pretty sick - halfway through and my arms were exploding.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont think your need 58923298729 sets for arms. Biceps are a small muscle and i think3-6 sets is fine, tris is 5-8 for me. I like to think sometimes its not what you do in the gym that leads to success, but what you dont do. I hope you put this much volume and thought into your leg sessions...

hitstick42esu

Awards
Toro, I see what your gettin at. I too like to bust out some supersets every now and then for the pump effect. I think im going to try out that FST-7 arm workout tmrw and see how it goes. As for sweetlou, thats a good way to look at training. I think everyones muscles respond differently therefore Im going to take all the advice that you guys have given me and do trial and error. At worst, im still shocking my muscles no matter what new workout I choose so there will be benefits..And lou, hell yah I beat up my legs. I couldnt wake up in the morning knowing that I didnt have a lower body max effort day waiting for me

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good, bc to many guys ask about chest and arms and stuff, yet there leg days are just some squats and calf raises. Best of luck.

fredh da star

fredh da star

Awards
You guys do know one of the premise for FST-7 to work is using SEO's to stretch the fascia? It's a training program built around using drugs to gain the wanted effect, if you do not have synthol at hand it wont work as planned

hitstick42esu

Awards
Lou, I know exactly what ya mean.. And thanks bud. As for Fredh, I believe that FST-7 was created due to many boudybuilders shying away from synthol due to negative effects as they matabolize. Supposedly FST is great for fascia stretching, especially if flexes and poses are utilized in between sets.. But FST is also supposedly very beneficial due to the extreme amounts of nutrient enriched blood flooding the particular muscle which we all know leads to muscle growth.. Just my thoughts man, what do ya think?

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Lou, I know exactly what ya mean.. And thanks bud. As for Fredh, I believe that FST-7 was created due to many boudybuilders shying away from synthol due to negative effects as they matabolize. Supposedly FST is great for fascia stretching, especially if flexes and poses are utilized in between sets.. But FST is also supposedly very beneficial due to the extreme amounts of nutrient enriched blood flooding the particular muscle which we all know leads to muscle growth.. Just my thoughts man, what do ya think?
I agree more so on the nutrient benefit than anything

hitstick42esu

Awards
Did the FST-7 Arm Workout today since I didnt get arms in this week (damn training). Let me tell ya, I was a skeptic at first but damn. My arms are still pumped beyond belief. For those of you that never tried it, definitly check it out.

Vlad

TorqueGTR04

Awards
That sounds awesome actually, definitly something im gonna give a go. The only thing that worries me is the exhaustion sets. 7 sets of 21's and 7 sets of tri exts x 15 scares me haha. Wouldnt that definitly lead to overtraining and kind of defeat the heavy load purpose? These are just questions I have so im not taking away from your idea at all. Other than the exhaustion sets, I really like the workout.

Thanks guy
Totally forgot to mention this. On my straight sets I always went heavy load, max effort on the last 2 sets or so of each exercise - very close to failure.

On the Sevens sets, the weight remains light. They are pumping sets. Pick one weight and go from there. The first 3 or 4 sets should seem easy, but it gets difficult on the last few sets - for the last two or three it should be getting you near failure. However, don't start from a heavy failure weight or you will be toasted FAST.

I never had any issues overtraining with this routine. Keep the protein intake up and rest adequately and you'll be fine.

hitstick42esu

Awards
Totally forgot to mention this. On my straight sets I always went heavy load, max effort on the last 2 sets or so of each exercise - very close to failure.

On the Sevens sets, the weight remains light. They are pumping sets. Pick one weight and go from there. The first 3 or 4 sets should seem easy, but it gets difficult on the last few sets - for the last two or three it should be getting you near failure. However, don't start from a heavy failure weight or you will be toasted FAST.

I never had any issues overtraining with this routine. Keep the protein intake up and rest adequately and you'll be fine.
This is actually exactly what I did yesterday and damn was it a good workout.. the pumps are gross

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
One tricep excercise that has been really blasting me is incline ez bar skull crushers. Im hooked on them, everytime i hit tris they are sore for a while i love it. You might try adding something like this in every once in a while!

hitstick42esu

Awards
One tricep excercise that has been really blasting me is incline ez bar skull crushers. Im hooked on them, everytime i hit tris they are sore for a while i love it. You might try adding something like this in every once in a while!
Hey, why the hell not, right haha. I'll give em a go next time around. Thanks for the idea.

Vlad

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alex32595 Training Forum 9
Workout Logs 1
Training Forum 6
JuveCalcio Training Forum 10
Training Forum 13