New B ? Changed to full body work out.

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71%

New B ? Changed to full body work out.

So I'm new at all of this and been reading all kinds of bodybuilding info. I have been rotating my workouts around muscle groups and after all that heavy reading changed to a full body workout. I have had a full day of rest since my last workout and still tight and a bit sore. I know I need at least 2 days rest when I did my grouping workout but with this fullbody thing I don't feel productive if I'm not at the gym. 2 days off fells like I'm not going after what I'm trying to achieve. Am I on the right path or not? I do a light 30min "video" workout with my wife on my off days to keep her going strong.

I'm at the end of my 2nd week on M1-d and want to keep going big.
    And before I get all of the M1-d is junk comments: I'm 165 lbs and need all the help I can get even if it's just a placebo:-)

Thank you for you time and comments.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Onedaysoon View Post
    So I'm new at all of this and been reading all kinds of bodybuilding info. I have been rotating my workouts around muscle groups and after all that heavy reading changed to a full body workout. I have had a full day of rest since my last workout and still tight and a bit sore. I know I need at least 2 days rest when I did my grouping workout but with this fullbody thing I don't feel productive if I'm not at the gym. 2 days off fells like I'm not going after what I'm trying to achieve. Am I on the right path or not? I do a light 30min "video" workout with my wife on my off days to keep her going strong.

I'm at the end of my 2nd week on M1-d and want to keep going big.
    And before I get all of the M1-d is junk comments: I'm 165 lbs and need all the help I can get even if it's just a placebo:-)

Thank you for you time and comments.
    Your body NEEDS recovery time to GROW. Two days off resistance training a week is definitely advisable, and for a beginner, you only need to do 3-4 weight sessions a week, honestly, and if you're doing Full-Body sessions, then three will be adequate for growth.

If you're NEW to training, then there is no way you should be using M1-d (your body mass should rule this out even if you were not a newbie!) and you definitely shouldn't even be CONSIDERING using hormonals - NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

As a newbie, all you really need are the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) to gain mass - at your body mass, you wouldn't even need to supplement with good fats, protein, and BCAAs either if you didn't want to, so long as you got them all from your nutrition, which you should easily be able to do at 165 pounds. I don't recommend using anything else but these basic staples until you are older and have built up a solid training base - NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! Like I mentioned earlier, you also need to get adequate recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

If you're new to everything, the best investment you can make right now is to get yourself a professional trainer who knows what they're doing, who will individualize a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.02%

Bro.. whole body is to me where it's at. I train fully body 3 days a week and it is the best thing that's every happened to me. I kill myself on those days and it is crazy, but I love it. Mind you I am not a bodybuilder. If you dont feel you can stick to it dont do it, but if you can stick to it I think you will get great gains. Training is about doing what makes you happy plus results. Training 3x a day 7 days a week minimimal if any results but you'll feel good is not a good idea, but blending the 2 is the the best way to go.
    ACSM-CPT
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How's my full body 3 day split?
    By Machwon1 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
  2. Body Split VS. Full Body Round 1.
    By hitsquaddd in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 11:54 AM
  3. Full body