Came off 5x5 looking for a new split

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
Well I really hate to do this and ask when it looks like I haven't researched much but I have and I have found a lot of great advice, but I can't settle on anything really.

I just came off of 3 months of 5x5 and saw some great strength gains, but I am looking to burn some cal's and harden everything up and start working on some of the pretty muscles I guess you could say.

I am open to 3 or 4 day routines, doesn't matter if its full body or split, but I generally prefer splits.

Goals are to tone up and harden things up. I have been losing weight and upping the cardio and working on diet, but I want a good routine to go along with it, so any help you guys can give is appreciated.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
IN, I could use a solid routine too so lets see what you recommed to indy.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mon - chest/cardio
Tues - Back/abs
Wed - cardio
Thurs - Legs/Shoulder
Fri - Arms/abs
Sat, Sun - OFF or Cardio

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
Im also curious what people recommend doing for a while after switching from a 5x5 or 5/3/1.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im also curious what people recommend doing for a while after switching from a 5x5 or 5/3/1.
I was about to say I hear from a lot of [educated] folks that they go to 5/3/1 once they have wrung 5x5 for all it is worth. What to do after both 5x5 or 5/3/1? I don't know, but whatever you do should use some sort of periodization.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DC. just try it. i promise you it works. im a high volume guy and i hated the idea of DC at first. but after the first three weeks of it, i went back to my normal split and found out my bench went up about 15 pounds. it works.

fidoslim

Awards
you could try y3t it a periodzation program google it . example week 1 reps 6-10, week2 reps 10-15 , week 3 reps 20-100 forced reps rest pause ect usually just go 20-40 reps for week 3.